With this new, massive O-Line, what RB are we going

While I agree that its possible to find quality RBs later on and am not entirely opposed to it, I think they'd be better served by balancing their draft with a RB in R1 and drafting heavily on defense thereafter. If Lynch is drafted at 12, I would not be shocked to see them devote the entire remainder of their draft to the defensive side. That still allows them to do a ton of building on the defensive side while also adding an elite prospect at RB in R1.

Yep, think big, go for the best you can get. I just hope that Marshawn has his head on straight and is worthy of the pick. He and Peterson seem to be the only top shelf guys this season.

that another interesting situation.....if you could take any of the above RB's for your team...who would you pick?

I think I would go with Jones-Drew....but Julius Jones would be tempting as well.

Gore in a heartbeat....Julius Jones is average at best and isnt even the best back on his team

I think we go change of pace back and get Michael Bush in the 2nd. He would compliment someone like Shaud or whatever FA interim RB they brought in.

It would be like the Steelers a in '06: Bettis and WIllie Parker. RB by Comittee is the vogue thing to do in today's NFL.

C'mon, Shaud Williams?

Picking up a FA RB for the interm like Chris Brown or Corey Dillion would allow us the time to groom a future RB. The way I look at it is we can do one of three things. First, move up in the 1st rd and draft Peterson. Secondly, stay put and draft Lynch with the #12 pick or third but not least, trade back for extra pick(s) and take Bush or even Hunt later in the draft.

did you watch Dillon run last year...I think I can run faster then him...he is still good in short yardage and finding the endzone and he will want to sign with a team he thinks is contending for a ring and he wont think thats with Buffalo

did you watch Dillon run last year...I think I can run faster then him...he is still good in short yardage and finding the endzone and he will want to sign with a team he thinks is contending for a ring and he wont think thats with Buffalo

A guy like him could get old real quick, like between now and halfway through next season (or earlier)

Chris Brown is really the addition that I would like to see Buffalo make. He's 6'3" and can really run. The downside is that he's injury prone. That's why I would like to see A-Train get resigned and that we draft a valid RB. Platoon this position and infuse it with a youngblood.

I've got an idea......how about we use WM behind the new improved OL......he performs much better.....we franchise him next year & get a 1st round pick for him?

Why must we get rid of him now?

At least we know he can basically get the job done. 50% of all 1st round RBs(including top 10) don't pan out for the team that drafts them......why does everyone assume that drafting McGahees replacement is as simple as using your 1st round pick(or even second)?

Worst case scenario.....we trade WM for a 3rd. Draft one of the "can't miss" RBs in the 1st who does not perform(as 50% don't).....& the 3rd round pick is a bust as well(as are....70+%?)......and we ride the slowing ATrain into the future.

Just some thoughts. :devil:

trade up and grab adrian peterson before the jets do

unless the Jets are jumping to the number 2 spot I dont think they are getting him

I really cant see the Raiders passing up on the best player in the draft in Calvin Johnson and taking a QB, I just cant see it but if it happens Johnson will most likely slip to 4 which would be a steal for the Bucs

Speaking of the Raiders, if Buffalo were to really trade up for Peterson, this is the team to deal with. A decision will be made in the very near future on whether or not to pay Lamont Jordan his bonus. If they choose not to pay him then he's gone. Based on that scenario, would our #12 pick, MaGahee and next year's 3rd rd pick be enough for us to get the top pick in this year's draft?

C'mon, Shaud Williams?

I think that Shaud was re-signed for MORE than just a 3rd RB and change of pace back. He is one of the few players still left from the Meathead regime. Something also tells me that another reason why he was re-signed was because Marv and co. like what he brings from a character standpoint.

Why else would he be re-signed with his minimal playing time last year and A-Train is still in a state of flux?

How is he as a receiver?

I don't know much about Michael Bush as a reciever out of the backfield, but as a previous poster noted, they utilized him by throwing him screen passes and passes to him by design in the flat that were "glorified" runs.

I tried looking for some footage of him on youtube and this is all I found.

Its a 2007 draft preview of 5 prospects including Bush.

As you can see, he is quite large in the mold of a Bettis, but he does display some ellusiveness along with some steamroller-esque qualities.

Like I said, if you want a dominant running game between the tackles, go with Bush. He is as fast as McGahee, but a little bit more powerful. He would def be able to pound it between the tackles, and get you the short yardage that we were inconsistent at getting last year to sustain drives (i.e. Week 1 vs the Pats).

I think that Shaud was re-signed for MORE than just a 3rd RB and change of pace back. He is one of the few players still left from the Meathead regime. Something also tells me that another reason why he was re-signed was because Marv and co. like what he brings from a character standpoint.

Why else would he be re-signed with his minimal playing time last year and A-Train is still in a state of flux?

That's what I'm worried about.