Bills sign Langston Walker

Remember the Doom and Gloom after Whitner? Right.

Who to believe. Scouts Inc. and Jauron or a couple posters?

5 mil a year in this year's FA market will not be all that much money. I'll give him a chance.

Everyone agreed Whitner would be a good player. The criticism had nothing to do with him sucking. Huge difference. Here, people are out and out saying that Walker sucks ass but has potential. We shall see what happens.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone name 3 players on the Raiders that the fans like at this point? When your team is that bad, everyone sucks and nobody is missed on the way out!

Certainly not on offense. Several defensive players are popular.

Everyone agreed Whitner would be a good player. The criticism had nothing to do with him sucking. Huge difference. Here, people are out and out saying that Walker sucks ass but has potential. We shall see what happens.

The verdict is to be passed. Let Walker get into camp. Let him learn McNally's system. Let him gel with the other OL man. It could be bust signing but it could have huge upside. We'll wait to see.

The verdict is to be passed. Let Walker get into camp. Let him learn McNally's system. Let him gel with the other OL man. It could be bust signing but it could have huge upside. We'll wait to see.

Absolutely. As Langston himself put it " hold fast to your dreams, for if dreams die life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. ". Or was that Langston Hughes ? I get the two mixed up.

The Raiders tried Walker at OG after he first failed at ORT. After he failed at OG, Shell moved him back to ORT and Gallery to OLT. That got Shell fired.

Plays soft? Has all the tools to be very good, but isn't motivated? Considered a draft day bust? Moved from RT to G? Hated by all his team's fans? Struggles against speed rushers? I was going to make a Mike Williams comparison, but based on what they're saying over on the Raiders board, Mike Williams was significantly better at run blocking than this guy.

Its hard not to be impressed with his physical measurables, but a common theme im hearing is soft. who cares if your 6'8 pushing 350 if you don't have a nasty streak in you, you're useless. I mean part of football is the willingness to line up in front of your man and physically dominate him for 60 minutes. I get the impression the Walker is more than happy to collect a pay cheque block an occaisional FG and just live a life of general comfortability (but maybe im reading too much into it). Perhaps a switch back to Gaurd will get him motivated because he will have less responsibilities, regardless someone needs to light a fire under this guy because he is defintely a physical speciman.

EDIT: I would have prefered a guy like Max Starks Pitt's restricted F.A I think he is played out of position at RT in Pitt and struggles in the pass block but i think he would be a perfect candidate for a switch to guard cause when he gets his hands on you he just mauls you and drive blocks you to the ground.