RUMORS

The move for Dre Bly is just the first of several Denver will attempt to make as they continue trade talks, including a deal for Buffalo running back Willis McGahee. It could take around a third-round pick to get the former University of Miami star. In addition to McGahee, running backs who might be available in a trade include Chicago's Thomas Jones. The team also could look at Jamal Lewis, cut by the Ravens. Travis Henry could be another option if he is cut by Tennessee. One player who might visit is Green Bay's Ahman Green.

Posted March 02, by Ben Maller

Digg this | Add to del.icio.us

Discuss in the Forums | Link

Willis is worth more to the Bills than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

The pick needs to no worse than a very high 2nd (which Denver does not have) or the Bills should just keep him and let him play out his contract year.

Pointless to give away starting players and get back peanuts in return.

Especialy since Bills have absolutely no way else on the roster.

It's more important to Losman's continued development that he have a quality, legit starting back than to get an extra 3rd round pick, especially considering our receiving corps outside of Evans and the questions surrounding our o-line. Let him walk at year's end and draft a replacement then.

Considering Denver has a knack for making any RB on their team a 1000+ yard rusher, I'd be surprised if they give up a pick for WM.

I agree...Shanahan seems to think he can plug any running back into the Broncos offense, and have a 1200 yard rusher. He has been pretty much right. I don't see him giving up a pick (particularly a third rounder) for Willis McGahee.