(LAMP) Dam I hungry

plenzmd1

Had it done two years ago at age 35. Colon cancer runs in my family.

Two months later I was diagnosed with Krohn's Disease, which has nothing to do with it. I asked my doctor about it...he said, "See you for another scope when you're 41".

My dad is 70, and since a cancer scare twenty years ago, he has to have the scope done every year. And he has to drink the gallon of the really nasty stuff.

I only had to drink the calcium citrate. That tasted like bitter lemon pop...if you pour it over ice, it's probably not bad.

Mine wasn't that bad, but you feel like a balloon afterwards. That's why you have to fart a number of times before they let you go home.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had one done and here is my 2 cents :

I would not go anywhere when you start the prep....I had to take 2 horsetabs every 1/2 hour until gone and when the times comes to pay your dues.....your stomach will feel like you ate an enitre plate of spoiled food without the vomiting. You will need to have a bathroom all to yourself that you can run into and empty yourself out without anyone blocking your path or else you will sh-- yourself. You will be $hitting until it runs clear which is interesting to say the least.

The dulcolax tabs at night will give you stomach cramps and wake you up at night to go....so basically you will be cranky as ever the following morning from no food. My advice here will be for you to go to a restuarant or buffet afterward to stuff your face because you will be hungry as a lion when it is all said and done.

I have had one done and here is my 2 cents :

I would not go anywhere when you start the prep....I had to take 2 horsetabs every 1/2 hour until gone and when the times comes to pay your dues.....your stomach will feel like you ate an enitre plate of spoiled food without the vomiting. You will need to have a bathroom all to yourself that you can run into and empty yourself out without anyone blocking your path or else you will sh-- yourself. You will be $hitting until it runs clear which is interesting to say the least.

The dulcolax tabs at night will give you stomach cramps and wake you up at night to go....so basically you will be cranky as ever the following morning from no food. My advice here will be for you to go to a restuarant or buffet afterward to stuff your face because you will be hungry as a lion when it is all said and done.

Agree with everything you said, but I didn't have to take the Dulcolax, so I wasn't that cranky.

That's probably next time. :blink:

Yep...you have to follow the prep schedule that they give you to the absolute letter, with the gatorade and the 7-Up in my case. Getting one's electrolytes out of whack can have very serious consequences.

8 oz of fluid every hr, I've been on it. Started taking the pills at 3.30, guess the fun just about to start. WOOHOOO can't wait :blink:

Whose colon is called the "love canal"? What?

Nobody's. Love Canal was a place in Niagara Falls NY that was a source of hazardous waste. One of the bodies of water it bordered was the Niagara River, right across from my house on Grand Island.

Anybody have his address? Time to send him a pizza before the procedure.

We just did this with a guy from work. He was pissed. Needless to say he told the doc and nurse what we did and they thought it was funny. He's got no sense of humor.

Nobody's. Love Canal was a place in Niagara Falls NY that was a source of hazardous waste. One of the bodies of water it bordered was the Niagara River, right across from my house on Grand Island.

Hook...........line..........sinker

Anybody have his address? Time to send him a pizza before the procedure.

We just did this with a guy from work. He was pissed. Needless to say he told the doc and nurse what we did and they thought it was funny. He's got no sense of humor.

Yo late ya rat bastards, just got home. Overall, not nearrly as bad as expected. The bills were something called OSMOPREP, seemed to work fine. No cramos or any thing like that.

Test today was a pices of cake. I remeber a hint of discommert at one point, but also asking questions.

Net Results.

Three polyps removed, looks all clear, good report, and pice of mind.

Anybody who thinks they should get this done and has not out of any kind of apprehension, taking it from thid big sissy, eqsy thing to do. Told my wife, the finger teat during the physical worse than this

jusr reread my last post, guess some the drugs still working, man o man, what happened to my spelling ability

I'd guess it's the fentanyl and valium infusion. Just a guess... :thumbdown:

Keep away from things like strawberries with their little seeds, nuts, other roughage for a few days. Treat yourself to plain pancakes and syrup and fried eggs. A bit more gatorade, and plenty of water.