2008 Presidential Election

It's not so much that the country will be unemployed because I'm sure Kerry will provide the necessary welfare to take care of people too fuggin' lazy to take care of themselves. And then he'll just throw more taxes at people earning over...how much was it again? $100K? $200K? Yeah, that will foot the bill.

It's all the small businesses that will go away, unfortunately.

And you'll see Hillary in 2008 because even if Kerry wins, he will, without question,  screw up the situation in North Korea so badly that even the FRENCH will want another president.

65537[/snapback]

1. You forgot to mention "FAT" and lazy... :)

2. Who needs more worthless junk.

3.The French want another president now.

:)

What the polls are not showing is that there have been a ton of young people registering to vote, very close to the deadline.  They are registering because, true or not, 50% of people who would be drafted believe that Bush will bring back the draft.  Even if he wouldn't, they believe he will.  The polls of registered & likely voters have overlooked this voting block and if they were included, everyone would see Kerry is ahead by a comfortable margin.

65891[/snapback]

there is not a surge in young voters registering over the phantom draft. all the young voters in draft range, myself included, who are going to vote in this years election were already registered. i know nobody who is going to go out and register to vote, and in turn vote for kerry over this draft scare. the only young voters i know who even bring this up are already registered democrats and already kerry supporters.

there is not a surge in young voters registering over the phantom draft.  all the young voters in draft range, myself included, who are going to vote in this years election were already registered.  i know nobody who is going to go out and register to vote, and in turn vote for kerry over this draft scare.  the only young voters i know who even bring this up are already registered democrats and already kerry supporters.

66400[/snapback]

That is because VA Beach is for lovers... :):huh::)

What about the rest of the country, battle ground states?

I would like to see hard numbers that either support or deny this fact. Until then, both sides are blowing smoke.

I know Pataki likes to think of himself as a possible option in 2008; but I don't really see his national appeal.  Anyone think he has a shot?

66238[/snapback]

i don't think he has the appeal nationally. certainly not equal to Rudy G.

was it a mistake for the Republican Party to select Cheney 4 years ago if they new he had no aspirtations to run in 2008?

The Presidential term limit would prohibit Bush from running in '08.

If the Dems want to win in 2008, they need to look at a guy like Evan Bayh.  He is a moderate Dem who could deliver Midwest swing states and compete in states like TN, AR, and LA.

I think Jeb, Rudy, and McCain are the Rep frontrunners in 2008.  I'd put my money on Jeb at this point, with Rudy or Rice as the Veep.

65631[/snapback]

Yeah, but you have to figure that given the utter lack of respect for the Constitution on the right and their willingness to change it whenever it gets in their way, there will probably be an effort to change it to allow Bush to run again or, in the alternative, to allow Arnold to run.

I think Bayh is a possibility, but I suspect the 2008 candidates will take form around 2006, not now. The names I'm hearing here are people past their prime, Giuliani, Pataki, et al. Schwarzenneger isn't a natural born citizen, so he's out. I've seen some Republicans on the talking head shows who might emerge, but its way too early to tell.

Yeah, but you have to figure that given the utter lack of respect for the Constitution on the right and their willingness to change it whenever it gets in their way, there will probably be an effort to change it to allow Bush to run again or, in the alternative, to allow Arnold to run.

Mick, you used to be one of the libs who could hold a reasonable conversation around here. I don't know why you have become so bitterly partisan lately, but it's too bad.

The names I'm hearing here are people past their prime, Giuliani, Pataki, et al. Schwarzenneger isn't a natural born citizen, so he's out.

I think Rudy is actually peaking from a national perspective, but he can't hold up to the scrutiny his life and record would face in a Presidential race. He'd do better keeping his aspirations to a Cabinet level position. Pataki and Arnold don't stand a chance. I also don't see Frist as a legitimate candidate. Jeb is probably the front runner at this point. He has a cute hispanic wife and a talented bi-cultural son who speaks very well. He'd carry all of W's base plus appeal much more broadly to the middle and hispanics.

If for some reason they change the constitution and allow U.S. citizens who were not born in America to run, it would not surprise me whatsoever if we were on the brink of the first woman President in history. Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm would make an extraordinary candidate. She's very attactive, extremely smart (Harvard Law School), extremely personable, likable, and able to discuss the issues in a kind and soft but tough manner. She would beat Arnold  in a head to head competition, IMO. I doubt the law will be changed in the next 2-3 years though.

65564[/snapback]

True on all accounts. It is about time we had a gorgeous president anyway. B)