Maybe Hargrove is the answer at DT.

Now that Kelsay is re-signed, I can really see Hargrove Moving to DT. He was a very talented rotational guy, and I thought he was going to be Kelsay's replacement. But now that Kelsay cashed in, what will Hargrove be doing? He is listed at 272, I could see him putting on about 15 ilbs, and making an impact as a DT.

Now that Kelsay is re-signed, I can really see Hargrove Moving to DT. He was a very talented rotational guy, and I thought he was going to be Kelsay's replacement. But now that Kelsay cashed in, what will Hargrove be doing? He is listed at 272, I could see him putting on about 15 ilbs, and making an impact as a DT.

:worthy: eeeeeeeh

Hargrove actually did see a lot of time at DT last season. However this was pretty much exclusively on passing downs as a pass rush DT. Our need at DT seems to be more of the run stopping variety. I hope we re-sign the guy.

You cant expect a guy to just put on 15lbs and play at the same level....Hargrove will remain a 1st/2nd down placement DE and a 3rd down pass rushing DT.....like he was for us last season

The one thing that I don't get is... How is Kelsay making all of this money, but still having the same role?!?

Maybe he can drop a few pounds and play DB for Nate!

I think he will be better at what he was in 2006. I like him as a player, and still wonder if he can contribute more than as the #4 DT and #4 DE (each of which he is right now). Can he be a better tackle than McCargo/Triplett/Kyle? I don't really see it, so at tackle he is more of a role playing #4 for passing downs. (#5 if we sign someone else to replace Anderson and stop the run). He could certainly see more time at DE too and push Denney for #3. I think he is really an interesting guy and hard to figure out how he can best help the team.

He's nuts, he's a great asset to the special teams and an emotional leader, but I'm not sold on his talent.

No matter what, he'll make an impact at DT, and he's a good lineman, we should give it a shot.

He's an emotional leader?

I doubt the Bill's defense or special teams were looking to this backup newbie for leadership.

He shows alot of emotion on the sidelines between plays.

I wish he showed the same emotion and energy when rushing the passer.

I want a football player NOT a cheerleader!

I doubt the Bill's defense or special teams were looking to this backup newbie for leadership.

agreed

I think that's a little harsh. How do you know he is not giving it his all when rushing the passer? Players feed off of each others energy. And as much as most of this board would love to see a time full of comatose "lunch pail" players who make plays and then quietly tiptoe back to the huddle, you need a few guys who are constantly keeping the energy level up. I'm not talking about guys dancing while we are down 14. But guys who celebrate when there is a good reason. Hargrove is always the first one to congratulate another player on a big play and he just genuinely looks happy to be where he is in every moment.

I'll take a team full of players with Hargrove's enthusiasm and zest for being a Buffalo Bill anyday.