I will say it again.....

HelloNewman

Could it be that the o-line isn't really that bad? John Madden always says he would take an average o-line and a great RB over a great o-line an an average running back.

He might have said that, but he didn't do it. His superbowl winning team was stacked with probowlers and hall of famers on the OL. The left side consisted of Art Shell and Gene Upshaw, and Bob Brown played RT. Dalby and Otto were on the roster as centers, and do you think that Buehler was a decent RG?

As a Bills fan, you should be well aware of what neglecting blocking and chasing skill players leads to.....injured quarterbacks and year after year of losing football games.

He might have said that, but he didn't do it. His superbowl winning team was stacked with probowlers and hall of famers on the OL. The left side consisted of Art Shell and Gene Upshaw, and Bob Brown played RT. Dalby and Otto were on the roster as centers, and do you think that Buehler was a decent RG?

As a Bills fan, you should be well aware of what neglecting blocking and chasing skill players leads to.....injured quarterbacks and year after year of losing football games.

Madden also had fullbacks that weren't just blocking ornaments. He ran them often, with success. And in the waning minutes, when the conventional wisdom then as now said work the sidelines, he had his qb's hit the abandoned middle with winning success. Hence Kenny Stabler's sobriquet..."The Snake".

A lot of folks think of Madden as a colorful character, perhaps a bit of a buffoon, and a name on a game - but as I'm sure you know, Bill - he was one of the most successful NFL coaches ever.

His clubs captivated the viewing audience...the KC-OAK rivalry of that era remains unmatched IMO.

If they draft Lynch or someone other RB in Round 1, I sure hope they are keeping tabs on next years high school seniors. It's never too late to be thinking about replacing a productive player at a non-need position! :)

I can't wait to see who we replace Lynch with in Round 1 of the 2011 NFL Draft.

I like:

Jermie Calhoun, Van High School (TX)

Ryan Bass, Centennial High School (CA)

Sticking with my home state products. I like Teaneck, NJ rb Rashad White to replace Lynch. 5'10 170 runs a 4.35 40.

As a junior, White ran for 1,857 yards and 22 touchdowns on 202 carries.

As a sophomore, White finished with 1,177 yards and 10 touchdowns on 159 carries.

John Madden always says he would take an average o-line and a great RB over a great o-line an an average running back.....what do you think improve the o-line by getting a better RB?

I'm one of the few people on the planet who still realy likes John Madden, but I've got to disagree with him here. I think the vast majority of the time that a dominating OL is what really sets up a potent groundgame. The only exception(s) are those oh so rare other worldly backs who you are only ever likely to see one or two of them in the league at a time. Right now I'd say LTomlinson is the only one of those guys on the planet (with Tiki and FGore sniffing at the door and a healthy Portis not too far behind them) and the chances of the Bills getting their hands on the next one are infinitely slim. I'd even say that in most cases your scheme and your coaches ability to call a smart game are even more important than how good your back is (again unless the back is one of those 1 every 5 year guys). At this level any back can do significant damage if you get him the ball in space and I think your OLine and your Oco-ordinator are the keys to creating that space.

As for the Bills OLine right now the entire right side is a real liability and I hate to see the potential of the Losman/Evans/McGahee troika wasted because they think they can cut corners on the OLine and run a stiff guy with marginal instincts out there at one of the Tackle spots. It looks even worse when you consider the fact that there is absolutely nothing behind Pennington, who shouldn't even be on the field in the first place. I want Levi Brown so bad I can taste it because I think that pick and 1 legitimately good FA Guard will give the Bills a formidable OLine for teh foreseeable future; and they'll still have plenty of assets which they can use to adress other need areas.

My one caveat: Adrian Peterson is the best RB prospect I've seen since probably LaDainian or maybe a younger Cadillac Williams. If he got caught smoking a joint at the combine and miraculously fell to 12 I wouldn't be upset to see the Bills take him. But considering I think there's even less chance of that than Alan Branch falling, I think the Bills would be wise to use that pick to give themselves a legitimate young tackle tandem for the next several years. With guys like Losman and Evans behind a good line in an open offense I really think they could plug in a Julius or Thomas Jones type guy who could take advantage of the space they're sure to find themselves in.

Cya

I believe they will take a RB in the first round. They never tip their hand and feed us bull to make us think different.

NO THEY WILL NOT. Basically he said the reasons for me (below).

And I will say again they will not.......there's no way! We need a CB/MLB/DT in round 1...now perhaps round 2 we draft a RB

It will go DT, MLB/OT, MLB/CB/OT, RB/CB/OT, CB/RB/OG, DE, TE/OT/OLB.

(Each round is seperated by a comma)