The Panthers right now are $2.5 million over the salary cap.

Tipster19

He just may be a cap casualty. Carolina can also get beneath the cap by releasing defensive end Mike Rucker, which will save them $4.4 million. However, Foster could be a casualty if team officials believe DeAngelo Williams is ready to take over.

I'd be real interested in seeing how the rest of the league is faring in retaining their players.

He just may be a cap casualty. Carolina can also get beneath the cap by releasing defensive end Mike Rucker, which will save them $4.4 million. However, Foster could be a casualty if team officials believe DeAngelo Williams is ready to take over.

I'd be real interested in seeing how the rest of the league is faring in retaining their players.

if so mike rucker would be nice to have if we do lose kelsay a lil more expensive i would think, but a freak at the end spot.

Id be insteaested in foster, the kid is really good but he has injury issues, make it a two back system and i see playofffs in our ruture, doubt it will happen tho

Foster have proven to be the Jonas Jennings of the RB position....you are correct my brown fizzy water friend...

Foster have proven to be the Jonas Jennings of the RB position....

Foster has remained the same 1-dimensional north/south back with a great burst that he was in college. It's hard to imagine him ever being anything more than a contributor as a change-up back.

Foster has remained the same 1-dimensional north/south back with a great burst that he was in college. It's hard to imagine him ever being anything more than a contributor as a change-up back.

I disagree. Watching Foster in the payoffs against Atlanta was incredible. Then he gets terribly hurt again. His ability to make people miss is among the best in the league when he's healthy. However he's been too injured too often to really consider him as a reliable option.