losman and mcgahee

rolly

I'm tired of people hailing losman and mcgahee as our saviors.

yes, they have bright futures, but they arent going to turn this season around. losman is a rookie, with a rookie head coach and a terrible o-line, so I dont expect him to do anything spectacular this year at least.

-so let's all just do ourselves a favor and come back to the reality that it an 0-4 start with an 0-2 divisional record.

-but hey look on the bright side, at least we'll have a high 1st rounder next year

-oh wait nevermind, tom DONABLOW traded it away :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

yes, they have bright futures, but they arent going to turn this season around. losman is a rookie, with a rookie head coach and a terrible o-line, so I dont expect him to do anything spectacular this year at least.

-so let's all just do ourselves a favor and come back to the reality that it an 0-4 start with an 0-2 divisional record.

-but hey look on the bright side, at least we'll have a high 1st rounder next year

-oh wait nevermind, tom DONABLOW traded it away  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

64930[/snapback]

Jesusfrigginkeyrist does it have to be explained again? Losman is next year's number one pick.

What is the alternative rolly? Would you prefer that everyone wallow in the mud with you?

rolly=coachdick

If this team wanted to make some personnel changes and change the mindset of the organization, they had their chance last year after the Kansas City debacle. Make a mid-season change. Nope, they let things fester through the whole season.

The offseason, there weren't enough positive changes. And now, with a rookie head coach, they aren't going to release him or any of the staff. Fans are saddled with what they see on the field. There aren't going to be any changes. Those avenues should have been explored this past offseason. They weren't. The ESPN email hack who calls himself a GM had time and opportunity to re-structure the OLine.....he's had a few years now. I just get the feeling that many in the organization are off the hook until the end of this season.

Jesusfrigginkeyrist does it have to be explained again?  Losman is next year's number one pick. 

What is the alternative rolly?  Would you prefer that everyone wallow in the mud with you? 

rolly=coachdick

64945[/snapback]

This can no longer be reasoned here, I see. That was the price for Losman at the time, It was either Dallas or the teams before Dallas in the draft, plain and simple.

I wish we all would just accept not having the #1 draft pick, it's not like we wanted to pay another high 1st round salary next year, anyways.

Roethlisberger = Rookie

Drew = the guy who you won't let go of.

Roethlisberger Yesterday:

16/21 76% 231yrds 1TD 1INT

PLUS, A RUSHING TD (He's mobile, much like a certain OTHER Rookie I know)

Bledsoe Yesterday:

16/29 55% 197yrds 2TD 1INT

Rushing TDs?? HAHAHA

So, you're idea of not starting Losman because he's a rookie?

That's what I thought.

I'm with you on all of that...

I don't know if Losman is ready to start this season or not, after missing weeks of practice time with his injury, but from what I did see of him in preseason, he is well worth next year's first round pick.

And, to me, McGahee outplayed Henry yesterday. I think the offense could improve if he got more carries and playing time. I'm not saying that he'll save the season, but I do think he could make things better.

stevestojan, I understand that rothlisberger is doing well. However, a player is as good as the players around him.

-give me puttsburg's o-line, heinze ward, antwaan randle el, plaxico burress, duce staley and i'll have a solid game.

-losman would probably do well on that team too. i just dont see him doing much with our o-line here, as well as our wr's which frequently drop routine passes.

dude... we're 0-4!!!! I got news for you, Bledsoe and Henry are not our saviors. So, at 0-4, why the hell would any Bills fan in the right mind think that plugging losman and McGahee into the starting lineup in a few weeks would make this team any worse?

0-4 is 0-4.... it doesn't matter if you lose by 2 points or 20 points and L is and L is an L.

Lastly... how the hell do you know whether Losman and McGahee are saviors or not. No one knows for sure til they play...

I know one thing, a lot of people in Pittsburg are using the "s" word with a 3-0 rookie QB named Rothlisberger.

I see Losman as a better QB than Rothlisberger. Losman has great mobility and can do a lot more bootlegging roll-outs etc. The D has to respect his mobility a lot more, can get burned by the blitz if Losman esxapes. The OL is not that bad as everyone says. Jennings got beat three times yesterday, but the rest of the line did okay. The majority of sacks Bledsoe takes are from blitzes that are not picked up by backs or beat the TE not the OL. You can't expect the OL to block 7 when there is only 5 of them! Watch when Losman plays how the line becomes so much better like when Flutie replaced Johnson.

-give me puttsburg's o-line, heinze ward, antwaan randle el, plaxico burress, duce staley and i'll have a solid game.

64988[/snapback]

Ok, give me them, and I MIGHT give you these supposed superstars:

Willis McGahee, Travis Henry, Eric Moulds, Lee Evans.

Yes, their line is better. But they collapsed SEVERAL times yesterday, and ya know what Roeth did? He RAN OUT OF THE WAY OF THE BAD GUYS! And it has nothing to do with size. I think he's about 6'5 240. He just can FEEL the pressure.

The majority of sacks Bledsoe takes are from blitzes that are not picked up by backs or beat the TE not the OL.  You can't expect the OL to block 7 when there is only 5 of them! 

So true - if you noticed on the Evans TD the Bills only sent out 2 receivers with the 2 TEs and the 2 RBs staying in to block the rush. That is what they need to do most downs - play 2 TE sets and most plays keep them in to block. Heck, even bring in a 6th OL if you have to.

I see Losman as a better QB than Rothlisberger.  Losman has great mobility and can do a lot more bootlegging roll-outs etc.  The D has to respect his mobility a lot more, can get burned by the blitz if Losman esxapes.  The OL is not that bad as everyone says.  Jennings got beat three times yesterday, but the rest of the line did okay.  The majority of sacks Bledsoe takes are from blitzes that are not picked up by backs or beat the TE not the OL.  You can't expect the OL to block 7 when there is only 5 of them!  Watch when Losman plays how the line becomes so much better like when Flutie replaced Johnson.

65010[/snapback]

I don't want to disrespect Losman here, because I really do believe the guy is the answer at QB for the Bills immediate future.

But, don't you think that Losman's missing practice for 9 or 10 weeks at the beginning of his rookie year sets him back?

I think he'll be ready to start next year, but his being rusty and inexperienced doesn't bode well for helping much this year.

Ok, give me them, and I MIGHT give you these supposed superstars:

Willis McGahee, Travis Henry, Eric Moulds, Lee Evans.

Yes, their line is better. But they collapsed SEVERAL times yesterday, and ya know what Roeth did? He RAN OUT OF THE WAY OF THE BAD GUYS!  And it has nothing to do with size. I think he's about 6'5 240. He just can FEEL the pressure.

65012[/snapback]

I've seen Rothliesberger the past couple weeks. Doesn't look like a rookie to me. Yes, he has pocket awareness and can see the field. He rolled out from pressure to get the one TD to Burress. He does exhibit an awareness of all that is going on around him.