Andy Reid is taking a leave from the Eagles

Andy Reid

Garrett Reid, 23, tested positive for heroin after he caused a traffic accident Jan. 30, police said. No charges have been filed, but prosecutors are looking at the case. Police have said he could be charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.

Britt Reid, 21, was arraigned on drug and weapons charges. He is accused of pointing a handgun at another driver following a dispute and faces a felony charge of carrying a firearm without a license as well as misdemeanor charges of lying to authorities, simple assault, making terroristic threats and possession of a controlled substance.

Andy Reid

Garrett Reid, 23, tested positive for heroin after he caused a traffic accident Jan. 30, police said. No charges have been filed, but prosecutors are looking at the case. Police have said he could be charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.

Britt Reid, 21, was arraigned on drug and weapons charges. He is accused of pointing a handgun at another driver following a dispute and faces a felony charge of carrying a firearm without a license as well as misdemeanor charges of lying to authorities, simple assault, making terroristic threats and possession of a controlled substance.

A friend of mine in college got arrested and charged with "Inciting a Riot." I thought that was one of the coolest-sounding things a person could get arrested for. I think it eventually got knocked down to disorderly conduct.

One busted with heroin and the other with drugs and weapons. Reid is taking a month off to address the issues.

Clearly these are things he'll have no problem fixing in 30 days before heading back to work.

its no problem when all you need to do is put together a legal team and sign a check... unfortunately

A friend of mine in college got arrested and charged with "Inciting a Riot." I thought that was one of the coolest-sounding things a person could get arrested for. I think it eventually got knocked down to disorderly conduct.
Reminds me of "Alice's Restaurant."

And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest

father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly

'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me

and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay

$50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"

And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench

there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I

said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand,

and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,

father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the

bench.

Reminds me of "Alice's Restaurant."

And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest

father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly

'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me

and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay

$50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"

And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench

there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I

said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand,

and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,

father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the

bench.

:unsure:

Best song ever. Makes me wish it was Thanksgiving.

Andy's a stellar guy, perhaps one of the most underrated coaches in the NFL.

This is a tough profession. NFL Head Coaches work 70+hour work weeks during the regular season. Reid's sons were teenagers through Reid's most formative years with the Eagles. It's always hard to assess what the impact could have been had Reid been around the home front more often. He likely feels some regret that while he's a successful NFL coach, his sons have fallen off the wayside. I feel for the guy and hope the month is long enough for him to attend to his sons' problems.