heres an idea

K-Gun10

how bout the bills move back to a 3-4 if we keep fletcher which i think we need to, we have the lbs for it in fletch, ellison,crowell,and spikes and this way we can rotate our subpar dts in and out.

Other than the fact that we have exactly zero defensive linemen suitable to play a traditional 3-4, I think it's a great idea...

It's a myth that you need lesser linemen to play a 3-4 than you do for a 4-3. It's just the opposite. You still need basically the same performance from your offensive line, but now they have to do it with three people. That's why successful 3-4 teams often use DTs at defensive end: take the Patriots, who start Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork on the front line. ALL defensive tackles. With the extra linebacker, you gain flexibility, not relief for the line. If you can't do it with two DTs, you're sure as hell not gonna with one.

...and K-Gun10 slinks away to think long and hard about his next attempt at starting a topic on TSW.

This is all part of his initiation on the board.

If he does his homework and comes back with a stronger post, ready to document his case I feel he will be given the acceptance that he seeks.

I'm rooting for him. We are all family here at TBD after all.

It's a myth that you need lesser linemen to play a 3-4 than you do for a 4-3. It's just the opposite. You still need basically the same performance from your offensive line, but now they have to do it with three people. That's why successful 3-4 teams often use DTs at defensive end: take the Patriots, who start Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork on the front line. ALL defensive tackles. With the extra linebacker, you gain flexibility, not relief for the line. If you can't do it with two DTs, you're sure as hell not gonna with one.

Sandy Eggo's the same way; all three of their starting linemen weigh in over the 300lb mark...