Draft Tek's Draft Choices

Astrobot

I’m comparing Draft Tek’s current Bills picks with a player selected later by their computer mock draft.

RD#1 Draft Tek’s Leon Hall CB or Patrick Willis ILB?

Willis.

Hall lacks speed, which was exposed in his matchup versus Ginn. Re-sign Fletcher and have him teach the draft’s best ILB in Willis, then offer Fletcher a coaching job.

RD#2 Draft Tek’s Quinn Pitcock DT or Justin Blalock OG?

Pitcock.

Pitcock has been described as “strong as a bull, quick as a cat and tough as they come” and a “blue collar player who scraps and claws on every play”. Add this 4th DT to the platoon. Would still like a huge DT out of free agency to compete in camp.

RD#3 Draft Tek’s Stewart Bradley LB or RB Darius Walker?

Walker.

Bradley had a season-ending injury in 2005. We already have an outside linebacker who had one of them season-ending injuries. Walker just had a career best rushing total -- 1,267 yards—for the 3rd straight year. He averaged 115.6 yards per game over the last nine contests, and broke the ND record for receptions this year. He set it last year. He hits the hole faster than McGahee, but isn’t as big or strong. Both would be a 2-headed monster similar to the Colts (Addai-Rhodes) and Bears (Jones-Benson).

RD#4 Draft Tek’s Chansi Stuckey WR Clemson or ILB Justin Durant or ILB Jonathan Abbate?

Abbate.

Stuckey is just another 6’0” receiver. I still expect a FA or Day2 WR. Durant is a three-time winner of Mel Blount Defensive Player of the Year but it’s in the MEAC conference. Abbate is faster at diagnosing plays—vital in the Tampa2—and a very heady player, great in the box and in pass coverage.

RD#6 Draft Tek’s Dan Santucci OG Notre Dame or DE Mkristo Bruce?

Bruce.

– Santucci’s an experienced RG (51 games), a former DT, and a noted scholar-athlete. “Bruuuuuce 2” led Washington State in sacks (11) and tackles-for-loss (16) in recording 67 stops despite playing much of the season in a 3-4 defense. I’d rather the OG come from FA.

DraftTek's choices will change tomorrow or Monday, and we'll check these out again.

Astro

so they have us drafting 2 inside linebackers? Hmm. Also I think Pitcock is really overrated and wouldn't want him on my team for a 2nd rounder.

No, they have us taking one OLB. I was suggesting that we draft an ILB with our first pick.

I think Pitcock's fall from RD#1 is to our benefit because I see him as another Larry Tripplett, so we'd have Tripplett, Pitcock, Williams and McCargo, plus FA Ian Scott if I had my way. Actually, the most Ted Washington-type of DT in the draft is Louis Leonard from Fresno State. I'm thinking 3rd Round for him.

No, they have us taking one OLB. I was suggesting that we draft an ILB with our first pick.

I think Pitcock's fall from RD#1 is to our benefit because I see him as another Larry Tripplett, so we'd have Tripplett, Pitcock, Williams and McCargo, plus FA Ian Scott if I had my way. Actually, the most Ted Washington-type of DT in the draft is Louis Leonard from Fresno State. I'm thinking 3rd Round for him.

Do you think there's any chance Meachem, WR Tennessee will be available for our pick in the 2nd round?

I would hate that draft. Absolutely hate it.

Looking at who fell where I'd make the following draft choices...

1. Kalil C (After switching 1st rd picks with the Saints for their 2nd. The Saints would love to get Hall or Revis)

2. Harrell DT

2. Hunt RB

3. Ramirez OG

4. Jason Hill WR

If Okoye is gone, which it seems more and more like he will be, I'm hoping the Bills seriously think about trading far enough back to gain a 2nd round pick.

Can you imagine our line with Peters, Gandy, Kalil, Ramirez and Pennington? That offensive line could do some damage. You could even go one step further and sign Steinback to replace Gandy to finish that rebuilding project once and for all.

Good draft. Kalil is a great trade-down pick in the 1st, and I have no problem with 2 picks in the 2nd!

The Saints' prime need is CB, although I suspect they'll make a bid in FA for their starter.

I think we could trade down AGAIN and still get Ramirez in the 3rd, obtaining a late 4th or early 5th. This would net us Paul Williams, the Fresno State WR, Matt Spaeth TE, or (in this draft!) get Brian Leonard FB, who fell 86 positions down the board!

Good draft. Kalil is a great trade-down pick in the 1st, and I have no problem with 2 picks in the 2nd!

The Saints' prime need is CB, although I suspect they'll make a bid in FA for their starter.

I think we could trade down AGAIN and still get Ramirez in the 3rd, obtaining a late 4th or early 5th. This would net us Paul Williams, the Fresno State WR, Matt Spaeth TE, or (in this draft!) get Brian Leonard FB, who fell 86 positions down the board!

I like Leonard too, it'd be great if he feel to us in one of the later rounds. The wierdest pick I saw was them having the Pats taking Lynch in the 1st round. What the heck was that? Did something happen to Maroney?

lol

no way do the Bills keep 5 DTs when Denney and HArgrove can both move inside on passing downs.

I could see them taking Okoye and a FA as Okoye could possibly play on teh outside if he had to

I’m comparing Draft Tek’s current Bills picks with a player selected later by their computer mock draft.

RD#1 Draft Tek’s Leon Hall CB or Patrick Willis ILB?

Willis.

Hall lacks speed, which was exposed in his matchup versus Ginn. Re-sign Fletcher and have him teach the draft’s best ILB in Willis, then offer Fletcher a coaching job.

i personally like Willis over Hall when all things are equal. but in this scenario, if we re-sign Fletcher, that takes care of our MLB spot for the next couple of years(and we can draft his replacement next year or the year after). i want IMMEDIATE return from a 1st round pick, ESPECIALLY a defensive player, AND ESPECIALLY one taken in the first half of the Round 1. drafting Willis to sit behind Fletcher for a year or two is just wasting this pick.

if we sign fletcher, then going into the draft our starting MLB and CBs would be:

Fletcher, McGee, Yobouty, Thomas

drafting Willis in this scenario means that AFTER the draft, our starters this year are:

Fletcher, McGee, Yobouty, Thomas

and god forbid we pay Fletcher to keep him, draft Willis and Willis ends up able to start right away. then we have all that dead money in our cap that maybe couldve gone to signing some other FA or *gasp* retaining Nate...

You have to wonder if, had we taken Hawk, what we would have done if Whitner fell to us in RD#2! LOL

Also, would Fletcher have been traded (Crowell-Hawk-Spikes would have been a good LB corps, although Briggs-Crowell-Spikes with Ellison-Haggan-Stamer in the wings looks good to me, too...)