The white death has arrived

udonkey

coming down since 12-1pm, at a rate of ~1" per hour...expected to receive upwards of 7", which is equivalent to well over a foot in areas that actually get snow.

I'm one of the unfortunate few NOT being sent home early, so I'm going to get to brave it at its worst tonight around 9:30pm.

Snowing since just after noon here in Cbus. About 1in currently.

Funny story...my buddy had a meeting in Columbus this morning. As soon as he heard the weather report yesterday, he started freaking out.

The reason? 2 years ago he traded in his "reliable", high mileage '98 Monte Carlo in for an '03 Corvette. Instead of keeping the original car for bad weather, he wanted the extra $1000 towards his ~$40k car, so now, anytime it snows, he freaks out.

He left columbus ~1pm.

:lol:

Funny story...my buddy had a meeting in Columbus this morning. As soon as he heard the weather report yesterday, he started freaking out.

The reason? 2 years ago he traded in his "reliable", high mileage '98 Monte Carlo in for an '03 Corvette. Instead of keeping the original car for bad weather, he wanted the extra $1000 towards his ~$40k car, so now, anytime it snows, he freaks out.

He left columbus ~1pm.

:lol:

Corvette? Wow, is he trying to pick up some chicks with big hair or something?

Corvette? Wow, is he trying to pick up some chicks with big hair or something?

You sure you aren't confused? Maybe you're thinking Camaro...Chevette...?

Corvettes are bad ass, but they're only driven daily by retards. :lol:

He left columbus ~1pm.

:thumbsup:

You'd think he could scrap together a couple grand to have a cavalier or something on hand to drive in bad weather, or to go places you don't want the vette to go. I'm rompin around in my Dodge Stratus I've had since '97 cuz my summer car won't make it to the end of the driveway in the winter. Plus, you don't want salt getting into a nice car like a corvette.

Brrr... it's 65 here today.

How will I ever face the elements. :blink:

I'll be in Atlanta a week from Friday, and in Florida the following weekend...can't say that I'm not excited to get a (brief) break from the weather