Fred Biletnikoff retires

Beerball

From Wiki:

Even though he did not score a touchdown, Raiders wide receiver Fred Biletnikoff, who had 4 catches for 79 yards, was named [super Bowl XI]'s Most Valuable Player.

Super Bowl XI was the 11th Super Bowl, the championship game of the National Football League (NFL). The game was played on January 9, 1977 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California following the 1976 regular season.

The American Football Conference (AFC) champion Oakland Raiders defeated the National Football Conference (NFC) champion Minnesota Vikings, 32–14. Oakland gained a Super Bowl record 429 yards, including a Super Bowl record 288 yards in the first half, en route to winning their first Vince Lombardi Trophy.

oh boy...he was one of my favorites. There were some great receivers back then...Maynard, Alworth,et al. The AFL was famous as a passing league in its early years....of course we can't let an Elbert Dubenion escape notice on a Bills Board, can we?

Sorry, this is going to sound sacrilegious (or just plain stuupid) but Lance Alworth was like a ballet dancer on the football field. He was so fuggin graceful, and damn fast.

Sorry, this is going to sound sacrilegious (or just plain stuupid) but Lance Alworth was like a ballet dancer on the football field. He was so fuggin graceful, and damn fast.

He was an all time great. However I'll never forget Booker Edgerson running him down from behind while the tv announcer, not watching the play, was saying something like "There isn't a man on this planet who can catch Alworth from behind once he gets going"...One of my all time favorite Bills memories.

yes but unlike Mark Stepnoski he's not a vocal member of NORML and henceforth removed from Catherdal Prep's sports hall of fame indefinitely.

As a McDowell graduate, I can honestly say I could care less. If the guy wants to smoke pot, let him.