2007 Bills Cap Page

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks yet again C.P.!!!

A few comments.....

1) Crowell is well compensated. Did he renegotiate since he was originally signed?

2) Talk about timing and inequity. Fowler's figure is 1 million more than both Evans and JP.

3) For those (if there are any) who thinks Kelsay will come cheap, please note that Triplett has a cap figure of 3.785 million. :)

4) Villarial is gone under virtually any conditions.

5) People are going to be quite shocked imo at the HUGE contracts that will be given to UFAs in a month or so.

Nate took a big chance but it worked, and he is going to be quite rich.

Thanks yet again C.P.!!!

A few comments.....

1) Crowell is well compensated. Did he renegotiate since he was originally signed?

2) Talk about timing and inequity. Fowler's figure is 1 million more than both Evans and JP.

3) For those (if there are any) who thinks Kelsay will come cheap, please note that Triplett has a cap figure of 3.785 million. :)

4) Villarial is gone under virtually any conditions.

5) People are going to be quite shocked imo at the HUGE contracts that will be given to UFAs in a month or so.

Nate took a big chance but it worked, and he is going to be quite rich.

1) Yes he did. Last year.

2) No, it's $1M less than their combined cap hits (2+2=4 > 3).

3) Probably right.

4) He better be!

5) Taking a look at the number of teams with tons of cap room and yes, there will be some big money deals. The Bills will have to strike fast and hard.

Will you be including cap savings, Clump? And I read that Shaud Williams had a $3M LTBE incentive this past season that he didn't earn and thus would be put onto this year's cap (a la the Eagles' trick). Did you hear about/include that?

If anyone is having difficulties with the layout (I rec'd a PM about the chart overlapping with the ads).........it's being addressed

if you have excel on your computer right click over the chart and you should be able to export to excel. You can also download an excel viewer for free from microsoft.

1) Yes he did. Last year.

2) No, it's $1M less than their combined cap hits (2+2=4 > 3).

3) Probably right.

4) He better be!

5) Taking a look at the number of teams with tons of cap room and yes, there will be some big money deals. The Bills will have to strike fast and hard.

Will you be including cap savings, Clump? And I read that Shaud Williams had a $3M LTBE incentive this past season that he didn't earn and thus would be put onto this year's cap (a la the Eagles' trick). Did you hear about/include that?

Yes, I know about the $3 million LTBE added to Shaud's 2006 deal..................once my 2006 page is updated, it will be reflected on there :wallbash:

I notice some potential cuts and hence savings on this page too. Tutan Reyes clearly didn't work out for us. Cutting him seems to save $750K. That's enough to bring in a vet role player. I could also see Mario Haggan being kicked to the doorstep for a savings of around $600K. This site also tells me that now is the time to renegotiate with Evans and JP. They are being under-compensated given their performance, especially if you take a look at Holcomb's and Nall's salaries. Time to tell these guys we believe in them, but also save ourselves the heartache of dealing with it next year. Offer them good-faith extensions.

Edit: see we have JP and Evans locked up till 2008 and 2009, respectively. Didn't know this. Still, not a bad idea to float offers to them.

Thanks Clump, you da man!

If my understanding of capology is correct, guys in the last year of their contract are most susceptible to the cut list? If that's the case, I can't see these guys hanging around for the coin they are scheduled to make:

Sam Aiken

Matt Bowen

Mario Haggan

Kelly Holcomb

Ryan Neufeld

Tutan Reyes

Chris Villarial

I know renegotiations are possible as are special team contributions, but that's my cut list based strictly on $.