When did WGR become so anti-football?

Ray

I just recently moved back and have been VERY disappointed with WGR. It is just too tough to listen nowadays. Schopp has admittedly no interest in football and would rather talk hockey all the time. I realize the Sabres are good this year but nobody outside of WNY cares or even knows that the Sabres exist. I go to their games and root for them as well, but let's face it,it is a 2nd to 3rd class sport on a national level. There just is no interest.

I have heard no free agency talk, Bills offseason talk etc... The coach was a jerk, but at least it was fun and you could listen to football talk even during the time leading up to the Super Bowl--imagine that!

Even during the Bills second half run there was not nearly as much talk as you would think. Is Buffalo really that disinterested in football now????

They do mention it on Versus though---whatever channel or network that is

Tell me more of this Versus. I've heard rumors of its existence, but have yet to confirm them...

They do mention it on Versus though---whatever channel or network that is

It used to be the Outdoor Living Network but they changed the name when they realized that folks who live outdoors a lot generally do not watch as much TV and there was less money to be made using sports as a vehicle to sale commercials.

There first thought was to change the name to the Indoor Living Network as this really describes the eyeball market they are selling. However. they decided that a pretend combat sounding name made for better marketing and Versus it became.

I just recently moved back and have been VERY disappointed with WGR. It is just too tough to listen nowadays. Schopp has admittedly no interest in football and would rather talk hockey all the time. I realize the Sabres are good this year but nobody outside of WNY cares or even knows that the Sabres exist. I go to their games and root for them as well, but let's face it,it is a 2nd to 3rd class sport on a national level. There just is no interest.

I have heard no free agency talk, Bills offseason talk etc... The coach was a jerk, but at least it was fun and you could listen to football talk even during the time leading up to the Super Bowl--imagine that!

Even during the Bills second half run there was not nearly as much talk as you would think. Is Buffalo really that disinterested in football now????

I listened to Shopp and Bulldog for 3 hours yesterday and I thought it was football heavy. The entire show was about the ticket hikes with nary a mention of hockey, minus calling the young stars game an abortion, which it was. The "coach" essentially burned any bridges WGR had with the Bills and considering they are the flagship station of the Sabres, you are always going to get hockey.

I was listening for about an hour and heard no football until they talked about how dumb the Bills are for increasing prices for tickets at the same time the Sabres are---the Bills still have the cheapest tix in the league! You are not going to alienate fans raising the tix on average $5--a whole $40 extra year! I know they like to make the point that the Sabres have surpassed the Bills in interest but it's just not true. To pack 18k seats is a whole lot easier than a 75k seat venue. And I don't recall the Bills opposing team having more fans than the Bills like when the Leafs come to town in hockey!

Schoop has had a thing against the Bills organization for several years now and he lets it get in his way of offering unbiased opinions when it comes to the Bills and the NFL in general. The sooner Mr. Baseball moves on, the better off WGR will be.

Schoop has had a thing against the Bills organization for several years now and he lets it get in his way of offering unbiased opinions when it comes to the Bills and the NFL in general. The sooner Mr. Baseball moves on, the better off WGR will be.

Amen.