The BEST part about the Colt comeback win?

At halftime the Colts adjusted and Bill almighty couldn't scheme his way out of the BIGGEST COMEBACK IN NFC CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY!!! You got schooled by Peyton Manning :thumbsup:

So much for your false prophet! Suck it Patsie fans, just suck it.

I think for the first time ever, the Pats got called for penalities that could have been non calls. It was nice to see the roughing the passer call and PI calls when they were probably ticky tacky...but for so long those calls went the Pats way. Last night they went the Colts way...YEAH!

I was thinking last night if Bill Bellicheck will start thinking of trading Brady. I know it sounds outlandish but the Pats have made moves in the past - Vinateri, Milloy, Branch, maybe Bledsoe where they trade or let a player go just before they are 'past their prime' . They get good compensation for them and proceed to pick well through the draft. Brady will right now merit atleast two first rounders. Think of how they will be set for the next decade with three first rounders this year and two in the next.

The last drive pick got me thinking in this direction - it was not that single play but probably the entire game where he played adequately but not enough to beat the Colts.

I was thinking last night if Bill Bellicheck will start thinking of trading Brady. I know it sounds outlandish but the Pats have made moves in the past - Vinateri, Milloy, Branch, maybe Bledsoe where they trade or let a player go just before they are 'past their prime' . They get good compensation for them and proceed to pick well through the draft. Brady will right now merit atleast two first rounders. Think of how they will be set for the next decade with three first rounders this year and two in the next.

The last drive pick got me thinking in this direction - it was not that single play but probably the entire game where he played adequately but not enough to beat the Colts.

Wait a second....you think a team is going to trade an all-time great player...in his prime....because he lost a playoff game.

Wow.

Just.......WOW.

Wait a second....you think a team is going to trade an all-time great player...in his prime....because he lost a playoff game.

Wow.

Just.......WOW.

Dude, it was just a thought. I am not predicting it or anything. Put aside your immediate reaction and think about this for a moment. 3 first rounders in this year's draft will allow them to draft perhaps a new QB, receiver and LB to replace the weak spots. They are $31 MM under the cap where they can also get some good FAs. Their pipeline of young talent will continue to remain full and help them be an elite team for another decade.

Dude, it was just a thought. I am not predicting it or anything. Put aside your immediate reaction and think about this for a moment. 3 first rounders in this year's draft will allow them to draft perhaps a new QB, receiver and LB to replace the weak spots. They are $31 MM under the cap where they can also get some good FAs. Their pipeline of young talent will continue to remain full and help them be an elite team for another decade.

Uhhhhh...

They should trade Maroney, tag and trade Samuel, and trade their 3rd and 4th for a first rounder and end up with 14 first round draft picks that will not be busts. Then they should go into the create a player mode and make a running back with 99 speed and 99 break tackle...wait, what's that? This ISN'T madden?

No way. Brady is his meal ticket. Even Belichick isn't that arrogant.

Uhhhhh...

They should trade Maroney, tag and trade Samuel, and trade their 3rd and 4th for a first rounder and end up with 14 first round draft picks that will not be busts. Then they should go into the create a player mode and make a running back with 99 speed and 99 break tackle...wait, what's that? This ISN'T madden?

Maroney is a rookie. What you say about Samuel may happen.

Anyway, I am not going to get into a bitching match because there is really no real argument from my side. I understand why most of you will disagree but I still think it is a premise worth evaluating by BB.

The problem with trading Brady and drafting a QB is timing. Nobody realistically expects to go to a SB with a rookie quarterback but of course you can with rookie WR's and LB's -- areas of need for NE. If they upgrade in those areas they contend in '07. If they spend a primo pick on a QB they take at least a year off for his learning curve (assuming, as I think we can, nobody else on their roster can step up to play SB-level QB with their offense) while the window closes on a defense that's probably set long-term on the D-line but nowhere else.

Having said that, if they were in a situation down the road where they already had someone ready to step in I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Brady. Think of SF unloading Joe Montana because they had Steve Young ready to go. But I don't see them drafting a QB very high right now.

You cant trade an elite player in his prime.