Lowest-paid Coach in the NFL?

Moose

They said that Lovie Smith, at 1.3 million/year, is the lowest-paid coach in the NFL. I find it hard to believe that Jauron is making anything close to this... but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what Jauron's yearly salary is?

Thanks in advance.

They said that Lovie Smith, at 1.3 million/year, is the lowest-paid coach in the NFL. I find it hard to believe that Jauron is making anything close to this... but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what Jauron's yearly salary is?

Thanks in advance.

I heard that too...but I they are incorrect.

I heard that too...but I they are incorrect.

I read on a blog that the league is making up any shortfall in Lovie's contract since they want him to win the Super Bowl.

The league originally wanted the Saints to win the Super Bowl which is why they made sure they've been winning, but the blog I read said that they decided to make sure the Bears won today because the league figured Lovie's new endorsement deals would make him enough money and then the NFL could save his under the table bonus money.

It's all so obvious to me, I can't believe the rest of you inferiors can't see it!

It isn't?

I guess it isn't... I tried googling "nfl coach salaries 2006" and found an article about the Steelers coaching position that stated this:

"It is difficult to determine where the contract would have put Cowher among the National Football League's top-paid coaches because such salary information is not made available by NFL teams or agents. Unlike player salaries, which are compiled by the NFL Players Association and shared among NFL teams, coaches salaries are closely guarded secrets."