Jeff Samardzija Could drop BIG time

The real question is:

Why would you play baseball when your could play football?

And what does that say about the circuitry up in his noggin?

guaranteed contracts, playing a non-contact sport and being able to have a 15 year career, only working once/twice a week(he's a pitcher), no salary cap

basically a life of leisure for more money over a longer time and way less work and wear on the body.

id play MLB in a second if i could

The Patriots took Jackson very early in the 2nd round.

The Seattle pick is #24.

I see the Pats' most pressing early draft needs as DB, LB, and WR, so Samardzija is a definite possibility, especially with the Weis connection.

i agree about LB. It seems that every team that has success against the pats running simply institutes the banta-cain plan - i.e., they run right at him. also, has bruschi made a play this year? he seems to have really declined.

The real question is:

You're kidding, right? No salary cap, 15 years of not getting your body crushed on a daily basis, clubhouse, playing all summer, average player makes over $2 mil a year? Compare it with the NFL and the damage a body can take and it's no contest if you have as good of a shot at either.

Edit: What Dr. Dankenstein said.

You're kidding, right? No salary cap, 15 years of not getting your body crushed on a daily basis, clubhouse, playing all summer, average player makes over $2 mil a year? Compare it with the NFL and the damage a body can take and it's no contest if you have as good of a shot at either.

Edit: What Dr. Dankenstein said.

guaranteed contracts, playing a non-contact sport and being able to have a 15 year career, only working once/twice a week(he's a pitcher), no salary cap

basically a life of leisure for more money over a longer time and way less work and wear on the body.

id play MLB in a second if i could

LOL, yes, i was mainly joking. u both certainly raise good points and i completely recognize them. the only flaw in your reasoning, however, is that baseball sucks and football rules :thumbsup:

LOL, yes, i was mainly joking. u both certainly raise good points and i completely recognize them. the only flaw in your reasoning, however, is that baseball sucks and football rules :thumbsup:

haha, DEFINITELY cant argue with that, at least as a sport to watch. although i like going to baseball games, but the sport is always secondary.

friday night braves games in atl... at least 7500 gorgeous 19-29 year old girls, all dressed in braves shirts and short shorts....

The real question is:

you can play longer in baseball and it takes less toll on your body