ATTN: Anyone who wants Marshawn Lynch

The reasons you discredit Lynch could just as easily be applied to Walter Peyton (Jackson State), Marshall Faulk (San Diego State), or LT (TCU). All of whom had a significant amount of space to work with do to inferior competition threw out college. RB will be a need in 2008, and if we decide Lynch is an elite RB it's not pure idiocy to consider drafting him.

I'm not old enough to remember Sweetness as a collegian, but I can say with certainty that even though I like Marshawn Lynch, he doesn't look even remotely like what Faulk or Tomlinson looked like in college. Those were dominant one-man wrecking crews while Lynch has never been anything but a well-supported cog.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasons you discredit Lynch could just as easily be applied to Walter Peyton (Jackson State), Marshall Faulk (San Diego State), or LT (TCU). All of whom had a significant amount of space to work with do to inferior competition threw out college. RB will be a need in 2008, and if we decide Lynch is an elite RB it's not pure idiocy to consider drafting him.

if the brain trust at OBD decides lynch IS special and the guy we need and drafts him, i wont argue or lose sleep about it.

they know more than we do (yes, i said it, and its true) about the kids coming into the draft.

my whole thing is, RBs have gotten to be like CB/WRs. theres always a bunch of new, fast, young kids coming out to replace the last one.

if we can get a stud DT or MLB, id take him.

someone earlier said "you build a team in the draft and fix it in FA". well, imo, you start building a team from the middle of each line and go from there. it all starts in the trenches

everyone went nuts every year because TD would ignore the trenches and just go for sexy.

now that we are in a spot to BUILD our lines, everyone wants a new RB...

ahhh, the internet ;)

I'm not old enough to remember Sweetness as a collegian, but I can say with certainty that even though I like Marshawn Lynch, he doesn't look even remotely like what Faulk or Tomlinson looked like in college. Those were dominant one-man wrecking crews while Lynch has never been anything but a well-supported cog.

If it's your opinion Lynch isn't going to make a great pro then you’re entitled to it. I haven't watched enough on him to decide one way or the other. My beef with not factoring in Lynch is with the people who think we shouldn't because we need help in other areas, or that RB's are a dime a dozen. To consider Lynch he needs to be graded as an elite difference making RB. A player like that is ten times more valuable then a normal RB, and supercedes all other needs. I'm confident that if we pick him Marv and Co. will do it believing they've found a top 5 RB. To select him under any other condition would be the lunacy you describe.

show me rare talent. lynch is good, in the pac10, playing for Cal...

but hes not "rare"

we could get probably the same thing out of tony hunt from penn state in the 2nd/3rd

Hey I'm no pro scout, and I suspect you aren't either. But I like what I see from Lynch. I have only seen him play a couple of times, but based on draft history I'd bet pouring over films and over-analyzing measureables don't equate to better guesses. I'm not a big lover of stats, but the guy has some impressive numbers. Seems like he can be a receiving threat out of the backfield and knows how to hang on to the ball. I'll trust the Bills know what they're doing and have a plan to fill what holes they can in free agency and continue building a great core through the draft.

Completely agree here. I have no clue what kind of player Lynch is nor have I even seen him play.

But if he has the talent of a Jones-Drew, Maroney, or D'Angelo Williams, I would have no issue with taking him. I think it will significantly aid in the development of Losman to bolster the runnning game, add a great deal of depth and will make Willis McGahee a better player.

If it's your opinion Lynch isn't going to make a great pro then you’re entitled to it. I haven't watched enough on him to decide one way or the other. My beef with not factoring in Lynch is with the people who think we shouldn't because we need help in other areas, or that RB's are a dime a dozen. To consider Lynch he needs to be graded as an elite difference making RB. A player like that is ten times more valuable then a normal RB, and supercedes all other needs. I'm confident that if we pick him Marv and Co. will do it believing they've found a top 5 RB. To select him under any other condition would be the lunacy you describe.

im not discounting lynch ONLY because we need help in other areas.

im just not sold on his talent AND we need help in other areas.

im all for drafting a RB this draft. later in the draft.

but like i said, if we DO grab him at 12... in marv i trust

im not discounting lynch ONLY because we need help in other areas.

im just not sold on his talent AND we need help in other areas.

im all for drafting a RB this draft. later in the draft.

but like i said, if we DO grab him at 12... in marv i trust

I wasn't referring to you in my post, just making a general statement.