New England Patriots

I do hate the Pat's (but not as much as the Fins) and they do get a awful lot of breaks in games. I'll root like heck for Indy next week, but will always root for an original AFC team in the Super Bowl. I have too much of a grudge against the NFC and all of the crap surrounding the 15 or so wins in a row from the mid 80's through the late 90's.

What sticks in my craw about New England is my team has had it's ups & downs but got really great for 6 years. They went to 5 of 6 AFC Championship games, winning 4. They go to 4 straight Super Bowls and lose 4 in row. Granted, i don't think they were a better team than the '92 or '93 Cowboys, but were for damn sure better than the '90 Giants and the '91 Skins, and SHOULD be 2 and 2 in the big bowl.

New England, with a few exceptions, has truly been one of a handful of teams that has been worse than the Bills throughout history. They get great for 6 years and win 3 out of 5 Super Bowls. ARGH!

Let's face it folks, the Pat's just won the Super Bowl yesterday to go 4 out of 6. I will shocked if any of the other 3 teams left can beat them. Let the drinking begin.

:blink:

Sorry, that is who I meant, tough to keep the scrub receivers of the Patriots straight

I hate Brady with every fiber in my soul but he's really pretty great. Look at all the guys he has been throwing to during this streak, and none of them did anything on other teams, and yet they just plug anyone in and they produce. That's an amazing coincidence, don't you think? Troy Brown wasn't even wanted by anyone else. David Patten? David Givens? Deion Branch?

My real question here is how long can it last, and secondly how many other teams have built on this approach?

It will never end. If you want a picture of the future, imagine Tom Brady's Manolo's For Men boot stamping on a drunk Cheektowagan's face -- forever. All hail our chowder-slurping overlords.

I hate Brady with every fiber in my soul but he's really pretty great. Look at all the guys he has been throwing to during this streak, and none of them did anything on other teams, and yet they just plug anyone in and they produce. That's an amazing coincidence, don't you think? Troy Brown wasn't even wanted by anyone else. David Patten? David Givens? Deion Branch?

the jury is still out on branch. give him a healthy hassleback for next season before we call him way overrated, although i definitely agree with your point in general about ex-patriot receivers.

Hey, c'mon...the Seahawks spent $39 million and a 1st round pick on Branch. He must be great, right?

Didn't you guys beat your chest about how great a WR branch was when he was a NE Patriot....

The deal is the system makes many of these guys good players....but they will suck when they go outside that system.....There are way too many guys like that....Even during the Bills good years when guys left the SYSTEM, they fared poorly and were cut eventually...

The SYSTEM you speak of is Tom Brady.

Case closed.

Didn't you guys beat your chest about how great a WR branch was when he was a NE Patriot....

The deal is the system makes many of these guys good players....but they will suck when they go outside that system.....There are way too many guys like that....Even during the Bills good years when guys left the SYSTEM, they fared poorly and were cut eventually...

Oh, so those guys would be just as good with Matt Cassiel or Vinnie Testeverde throwing to them? Or Losman or Chad Pennington or Joey Harrington?

I certainly didn't. I just searched my posts for Branch references, and here are the only two substantive statements I've made about his abilities:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry418204

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry478436

Hardly chest beating.