Why does everyone hate Willis so much?!?!?!

83evans83

I don't understand it, I mean I don't completely love the guy either but im sick and tired of seeing everyone wanting to trade him. It reminds me of when I am on the Mets message boards and everyone wants to trade Shawn Green. I dont know if that is a very good analogy though. I'll just say this I'm willing to bet you that next year if the Bills add atleast 1-2 decent offensive lineman, that Willis will rush for atleast 1300 yards and 10 TD's, pending that he doesnt get hurt. That's all I have to say about Willis. Any thoughts?

Someone said it in an earlier Willis thread - he seems to lack motivation. He plays great against the Jets because his buddy Vilma plays LB.

Most other games, WM seems (to some fans) to not care very much about playing the game. Maybe it's just his personality, but it looks to me like he frequently does not give a $hite about the game.

He can be good when he wants to be. I think that frustrates a lot of Bills fans.

I think the perception of him not caring is way off base, and the reason he eats up the Jets is not because of the Vilma thing. He isn't the top character guy who I want to be the face of the organization and a role model to my son, but he is a very good player who got misused under Mularkey and this year had his ups and downs behind a bad rush blocking O-Line and dealing with a painful injury that lingers.

I think he catches a lot of the blame that O-Line deserves. He played solid the first four games behind an O-Line so bad it had to be dismantled, then he got shut down against a Chicago team that dominated us as a team, not Willis individually. Then he had a not so great game against Detroit before getting 120 all purpose yards against a Pats team that dominated us and knew how to take advantage of our old O-Line's last game leading our struggling O. Those three bad games were in the terrible three game losing streak when the team had very little to be proud of, and I don't think Willis could be expected to just go off for 100 each game while the team around him was playing poorly (not that he played great).

Then we hit the bye, beat Green Bay but he got hurt, and he missed two big stat padding games against Indy (bad run D and our gameplan) and Texas. He came back awfully quick for cracked ribs, and ran effectively (5.3 per carry) against the very dominating Jacksonville line. Then he got shut down against SD which has a very good line, lit up the Jets as usual, worked hard against Miami, played a good game against Tennessee, and then got shut down by Baltimore.

So running behind our O-Line which was inept the first half of the season, and was only able to run to the left the second half of the season, he had bad games against San Diego and Baltimore, and a not so great game against Chicago. Let's see, a terrible O-Line that can only run one way and features road graders Fowler and Preston, and he didn't come up huge against three teams that will likely all be playing next week when only the top 4 are still alive.

So let's not invite the guy to dinner or make him the face of the franchise, but I can't agree with all the talk that he doesn't care, doesn't try, and isn't good. Improve our line, run the heck out of Willis during his contract year, and all of this Willis hating will be laughed at a year from now.

If you don't like that he has three baby-mommas (and he might not be able to spell "baby" or "mamma") that's fine, but don't go overboard mis-analyzing his football ability or drive because of it.

I think the perception of him not caring is way off base, and the reason he eats up the Jets is not because of the Vilma thing. He isn't the top character guy who I want to be the face of the organization and a role model to my son, but he is a very good player who got misused under Mularkey and this year had his ups and downs behind a bad rush blocking O-Line and dealing with a painful injury that lingers.

I think he catches a lot of the blame that O-Line deserves. He played solid the first four games behind an O-Line so bad it had to be dismantled, then he got shut down against a Chicago team that dominated us as a team, not Willis individually. Then he had a not so great game against Detroit before getting 120 all purpose yards against a Pats team that dominated us and knew how to take advantage of our old O-Line's last game leading our struggling O. Those three bad games were in the terrible three game losing streak when the team had very little to be proud of, and I don't think Willis could be expected to just go off for 100 each game while the team around him was playing poorly (not that he played great).

Then we hit the bye, beat Green Bay but he got hurt, and he missed two big stat padding games against Indy (bad run D and our gameplan) and Texas. He came back awfully quick for cracked ribs, and ran effectively (5.3 per carry) against the very dominating Jacksonville line. Then he got shut down against SD which has a very good line, lit up the Jets as usual, worked hard against Miami, played a good game against Tennessee, and then got shut down by Baltimore.

So running behind our O-Line which was inept the first half of the season, and was only able to run to the left the second half of the season, he had bad games against San Diego and Baltimore, and a not so great game against Chicago. Let's see, a terrible O-Line that can only run one way and features road graders Fowler and Preston, and he didn't come up huge against three teams that will likely all be playing next week when only the top 4 are still alive.

So let's not invite the guy to dinner or make him the face of the franchise, but I can't agree with all the talk that he doesn't care, doesn't try, and isn't good. Improve our line, run the heck out of Willis during his contract year, and all of this Willis hating will be laughed at a year from now.

If you don't like that he has three baby-mommas (and he might not be able to spell "baby" or "mamma") that's fine, but don't go overboard mis-analyzing his football ability or drive because of it.

Perfectly said, I bet next year the talk will be how we desperately need to sign McGahee to a long term deal after he has an incredible 07/08 season.

A variety of reasons that I see:

1. Some care as much about the soap opera aspects of the game as they do about the football production- its entertainment so whatever floats folks boats.

2. Some seem to care what he says. My personal sense is that if you do not sleep with WM then your chances of becoming one of his baby mommas is low and why folks seem to think his musings on the business aspects of where the Bills play are worthy of much thought or comment is beyond me but so be it.

3. Sone folks like complaining about things and rich people are a great target for them.

There are certainly other reasons and maybe some good ones, but for the most part staying the course and seeing how he performs next season and acquiring another player cheaply in FA or on the second day of the draft that we think will compete with him, seems by far the most prudent course of action for us as his leverage is fairly low after a less than 1000 yard season.

I don't hate Willis. He's a hard guy to warm up to and it's even worse when he opens his mouth. Absolutely zero substance. I don't sense a passion or a desire to win.

The one word that summarizes his attitude is "whatever".

"whatever" is an excellent summation in my opinion.

He seems to have that U of Miami showboat, self promoting style without the true talent to pull it off. He is a star in his eyes only and I hope we can hoodwink some GM out there to part with some high draft picks for Mr. McGahee and his ever expanding family. If "High Character" is someone who shows maturity and decency, thinks before he speaks, and is humble where humility is definitely warranted...then "high character"is exactly what I want at the RB position - and of course someone who can get more than 3.8 ypc and block. I'll get off my high horse now. :bag:

I don't understand it, I mean I don't completely love the guy either but im sick and tired of seeing everyone wanting to trade him. It reminds me of when I am on the Mets message boards and everyone wants to trade Shawn Green. I dont know if that is a very good analogy though. I'll just say this I'm willing to bet you that next year if the Bills add atleast 1-2 decent offensive lineman, that Willis will rush for atleast 1300 yards and 10 TD's, pending that he doesnt get hurt. That's all I have to say about Willis. Any thoughts?

You can draft a RB in the middle rounds who can get you that production. McGahee is a dime a dozen running back. He is useless on passing downs.

Plain & simple. Willis McGahee is not anything special as a running back. He hasn't done a thing to deserve a big contract. All of that and he is a world class scumbag. :bag:

Willis just doesn't look like he brings it every game. This may be a myth, but from many Bills fans eyes they see a player that doesn't hit the hole with much "intestinal fortitude". They see a player who's heart doesn't look like it's there every game. Why? He may have interests other than football, or he may just be a guy that can't break any tackle at all. The running offensive line blocking is a problem but not to the extent that Willis couldn't have gotten 1000 yards (even in 14 games). I see a player that enjoys the lifestyle more than giving his all for the Bills and it's fans. It may be a phase he matures out of, or it may just be that he needs an all-pro offensive line like the one that Emmitt Smith had in Dallas. Either way many here see a player that is going into his last season and they just want to cut their loses and get as much as they can for him. His comments about the team moving was the coup de grace for any fuzzy feelings that some fans, including myself, had for the player.

You can draft a RB in the middle rounds who can get you that production. McGahee is a dime a dozen running back. He is useless on passing downs.

Plain & simple. Willis McGahee is not anything special as a running back. He hasn't done a thing to deserve a big contract. All of that and he is a world class scumbag. :bag:

:lol: :lol: :worthy:;):D;):devil: :devil:

What is more likely, the guy turning into an all-pro or father of the year?