Beckham to LA Galaxy

I forget who said it on ESPN radio, but I agree that MLS needs a US-born player like a Tiger Woods to get people to pay more attention to MLS.

That would be great if there was an American born player would became dominant in the sport...we have a couple of pretty good goalies, but Landon Donovan isn't exactly Francesco Totti - though he himself probably thinks he's actually better. Freddy Adu is probably the closest thing we have to a home grown future star, but he's got a split loyalty in terms of his nationality between the US and Ghana.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great if there was an American born player would became dominant in the sport...we have a couple of pretty good goalies, but Landon Donovan isn't exactly Francesco Totti- though he himself probably thinks he's actually better. Freddy Adu is probably the closest thing we have to a home grown future star, but he's got a split loyalty in terms of his nationality between the US and Ghana.

No one is :thumbsup:

That would be great if there was an American born player would became dominant in the sport...we have a couple of pretty good goalies, but Landon Donovan isn't exactly Francesco Totti - though he himself probably thinks he's actually better. Freddy Adu is probably the closest thing we have to a home grown future star, but he's got a split loyalty in terms of his nationality between the US and Ghana.

I had high hopes for Freddie. So far he hasn't lived-up to the hype. But he's still very young. And him being loyal to Ghana (no surprise since he was born there) kind of kills the "homegrown" star thingy to some extent.

I had high hopes for Freddie. So far he hasn't lived-up to the hype. But he's still very young. And him being loyal to Ghana (no surprise since he was born there) kind of kills the "homegrown" star thingy to some extent.

I think this past WC all but pushed him in the direction of Ghana for the next one, in terms of who he'll play for. That's partly why I'm still so pissed about not locking up Klinsmann to coach the US team...I think that would have sent the message to Freddy that we were serious about making a run. I don't know if Klinsmann is high on Freddy or not, but he's a winner, and we need winners here. Ghana played with a ton of heart this summer, and I think that will really appeal to Freddy. I still hope he plays for us, though, and comes into his own as a great player.

I agree...they replay the Manchester games on FSC all the time, and the guy is just a beast!

For reference and to make you more credible when talking about the Premiership:

1) Manchester United are referred to as "Man U" "United" or "Manchester United". They are never referred to as just Manchester.

2) It's the "Premiership" or the "Premier League". It is never EPL.

For reference and to make you more credible when talking about the Premiership:

1) Manchester United are referred to as "Man U" "United" or "Manchester United". They are never referred to as just Manchester.

2) It's the "Premiership" or the "Premier League". It is never EPL.

And to make you even MORE credible.

1) Manchester United < Any team in Serie A.

2) Premiership < Serie A

:thumbdown:

:rolleyes:

And to make you even MORE credible.

1) Manchester United < Any team in Serie A.

2) Premiership < Serie A

:o

:worthy:

:rolleyes:

And Nick, thanks for the clarification :thumbdown: