Three observations from the Jets/Pats game

Chad Pennington is underrated, so is J.P. Losman. You don't have to like the Jets, but the fact is with Pennington they went 10-6, without him they went 4-12. I think he and the o-line are more responsible for that change than Mangini's magic. He averages 7.2 yards per attempt, how that's possible when he only throws 5 yards is another story, but fact is he still completes passes. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/PennCh01.htm

I think J.P. will end up being the better QB and I don't think Pennington will ever get to a probowl. That aside he's still a top-20 consistant QB in this league. He's an upgraded Kelly Holcomb :pirate:

The problem with pennington is he is severely limited in what he can do due to arm strength. Whenever he has to fit a tight ball in, he cant do it. He is very smart & he does make the most of his talents & knows how to manage a game. He will never win a big game with the jets though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just throwing this out there:

football is a team game folks, and the jets would have been in the afc championship in 04 game if doug brien hadn't choked. pennington obviously has some weaknesses, but he isn't the reason they lost yesterday. he had a pretty good game, but he was up against a pats team with brady - who was spectacular yesterday - at the top of his game. no one is going to beat the pats when brady and the NE offense are at the top of their game and when their front defensive seven plays well (as they did yesterday).

p.s. he was 19-25 for 3 tds and zero picks against indy in the 02 playoffs, so it's not as if he hasn't won in the playoffs before.

:lol:

Laugh it up now - tool! I told you this is your last year - enjoy it. The Bills will be instrumental in welcoming your team back to the sewer where it normally(see last 25 years) resides. Your D is old - you have no receivers worth mentioning - Brady threw some terrible balls yesterday - the list goes on. You get to enjoy getting shelacked by the Chargers next week as well. I can't wait until Brady starts his typical whining after getting rocked by Merriman a couple times. Of course the Chargers will have to beat the refs and your team as usual, but, I don't think intervention from the league can stop them from smacking you around.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot: how's Seau working out for you? What a master stroke that was. :rolleyes:

I told you this is your last year - enjoy it.

You and your fellow Nostradumbasses on this board have been saying that for several years now.

your D is old
The LBs (or, at least, Bruschi and Vrabel) are old, certainly, but still playing at a high level. And Colvin and Banta-Cain are not old-timers by any stretch of the imagination.

The secondary seems neither excessively old nor young. Along with veterans like Harrison, Chad Scott, and Artrell Hawkins are young players like Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Eugene Wilson, and James Sanders.

The DL, which is among the best in football, is very young (Seymour, Ty Warren, Wilfork, and Jarvis Green all drafted in '01 or later), and locked up for many mere years.

Not sure what roster you're looking at, but the Patriots' defense, on the whole, is not too terribly old.

you have no receivers worth mentioning

This doesn't mesh with your consistent criticism of Brady.

Is Brady horrible, or does he do more with less than any other QB in the NFL? You'll have to decide.

Brady threw some terrible balls yesterday
Criticizing a QB for his play in a game in which he threw 2 TDs, didn't turn the ball over, put up a 101.5 passer rating, led his team on five consecutive scoring drives against a solid defense, and got his 11th playoff win in 12 games just makes you look foolish.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot: how's Seau working out for you?

He played very well at ILB before his injury.

What a master stroke that was. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was. His play helped to solidify the LB corps early on.

You and your fellow Nostradumbasses on this board have been saying that for several years now.

Criticizing a QB for his play in a game in which he threw 2 TDs, didn't turn the ball over, put up a 101.5 passer rating, led his team on five consecutive scoring drives against a solid defense, and got his 11th playoff win in 12 games just makes you look foolish.

He played very well at ILB before his injury.

Yeah, it was. His play helped to solidify the LB corps early on.

You have to be kidding - I guess I feel sorry for u. You're making a big deal about spanking a mediocre team at home; when the Bills did the same thing to them at their place 6 weeks ago. OMG you are acting like the Jets are actually good. Newsflash: they beat one team this year that had a winning record.

You cannot tell me that Brady looked good yesterday. You are being foolish - not me. And hey, Please PLEASE PLEASE! start Seau next year. :rolleyes: What a riot!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol::w00t: I notice you haven't said anything about getting b!tch slapped by SD next week. What, nothing to say?

You have to be kidding - I guess I feel sorry for u. You're making a big deal about spanking a mediocre team at home; when the Bills did the same thing to them at their place 6 weeks ago. OMG you are acting like the Jets are actually good. Newsflash: they beat one team this year that had a winning record.

You cannot tell me that Brady looked good yesterday. You are being foolish - not me. And hey, Please PLEASE PLEASE! start Seau next year. :rolleyes: What a riot!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol::w00t: I notice you haven't said anything about getting b!tch slapped by SD next week. What, nothing to say?

I'm no Pats fan, but I thought Brady looked better than pretty good yesterday. What didn't he do well?

I guess I feel sorry for u.

Hitting the "y" and "o" keys was just a bit too much work, eh?

You cannot tell me that Brady looked good yesterday.
What's bad about picking a defense apart, dictating the tempo of the game by perfectly executing the hurry-up, not turning the ball over, and scoring six times?

And hey, Please PLEASE PLEASE! start Seau next year.

What does next year have to do with me claiming that Seau proved to be a good pickup for this year?

I notice you haven't said anything about getting b!tch slapped by SD next week. What, nothing to say?

What's there to say? The game hasn't been played yet. The Patriots might win. The Patriots might lose. Some guy on an internet message board saying one team or the other is going to get "b!tch slapped" (the filter doesn't block out "B word," by the way) doesn't really warrant a response.

Oh my God, please stop. This is like watching a car wreck.

You might want to pick a different franchise to pick on or compare your beloved Bills to instead of the standard bearers of the NFL for the past 5 years.

Why not start with the Dolphins or Browns?