A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Bob Lamb

That is amazing!... They must of snapped that just before he reacted... Or unless he is just that desensitized?... Not one flinch of torso reflex... Considering how far down the stuff is!

I don't think they would "photoshop" it?????

Must of been those years as a Bill in the 1960's!

:oops:

Sports photographers generally take a series of rapid-fire shots -- so they probably got the whole dump on "film" (it's all digital now, but hey) and happened to have that classic shot. They didn't just take one snapshot and get lucky ;)

If you're interested in that sort of thing, here's a very good article about SI's workflow:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_pag...cid=7-6453-6821

CW

Must of been those years as a Bill in the 1960's!

:oops:

No Photoshop - right on the front page of the SD paper this AM !

Right after I tell the bandwagoneering Charger fans that Marty was a LB for the Bills from 1965-68,

I then make sure to reassure them that he will break your heart with some version of Marty Ball

"After college, (Pittsburgh) Schottenheimer was selected in the fourth round of the 1965 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Colts and in the seventh round of the 1965 American Football League draft by the Buffalo Bills. He signed with the Bills and spent the next three seasons with Buffalo, including the 1965 AFL Championship season. In 1969, he joined the Boston Patriots and spent the next two seasons with the Pats. He was traded to the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1971 but was traded again to the Colts before the beginning of the 1971 season. He retired from football in 1971 and spent the next several years working in the real estate industry. Schottenheimer credits his NFL career as being his inspiration for coaching."

From Wikpedia

Sports photographers generally take a series of rapid-fire shots -- so they probably got the whole dump on "film" (it's all digital now, but hey) and happened to have that classic shot. They didn't just take one snapshot and get lucky ^_^

If you're interested in that sort of thing, here's a very good article about SI's workflow:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_pag...cid=7-6453-6821

CW

Kinda like me at the Brookfield Zoo last night taking pictures of my kid on the carousel... :oops:

I got about 100 pictures that need to be deleted and ONE great one!

Ain't digital nice!

;)