Do We Win This Week?

Frez

I think some of the players really want that .500. I think other players really want to prove they can play with and beat a contender. Finally there is a group of talented guys auditioning for the big bucks in free agency. That combination certainly can lead to a win!

I think a win today gives the team a great lift going into next season. They'll have beat a super bowl contender on the road to finish .500 after suffering a heartbraking loss at the home finale. They'll end on a high note but with plenty of the "unfinished business / what could have been" feelings floating around to provide some hunger and motivation for next year. If they loose today, I'll still view the season as a success and with some tweaking a playoff birth next year could be realistic. If they win today, I could see a comparison to the Bengals of a couple years ago who finished 8-8 then went on a tear the following season; young qb coming on in second half of season, stud young wr hitting his prime, players finally having confidence in and buying into coaching plilosophy etc...

This reminds me a little of the game against the Bengals last season...

If we win this, I guarantee someone will complain that our draft position it being lowered. It's expected.

Go Bills!

Yes....if we do win, someone will complain that all it does is hurt the draft position. But the fact is, sometimes WINNING AND BEATING A GOOD, PLAYOFF FOOTBALL TEAM, might do more good for a team than 1 or 2 draft spots.

Some people just don't get that WINNING is the MOST IMPORTANT thing for a young football team.

To me I see today being a harsh reality to what the Bills are missing. We need to beef up both our offensive line and defensive line. I think the Ravens are a more talented team and it will show today.

Of course, I hope I'm very wrong.