Mike Schopp: biggest joke in Buffalo radio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I don't know if anyone was listening to Mike Schoop today but his show is just awful.

If you don't agree with the topic - they don't let you on. What a bunch of pu$$y's.

Buffalo needs another, unbiased sports talk show cause this station makes me sick.

:censored:

What is it that you don't agree with? :)

What is it that you don't agree with? :)

Sabres officially take over as number one team in Buffalo - per Schoop!

Sabres this, sabres that, sabres, i love the sabres, who are the bills, sabres, sabres, bills suck, sabres, gotta gotta gotta, did I mention the Sabres? Sabre players are people - bills players are bad bad bad.

(Don't give me this: the common man can relate to the Sabres and not the Bills when both make millions upon millions a year - more than most "common folk" will ever see in lifetime. )

Schopp was over the top and an arrogant pig. If the Bills won last Sunday - today's topic: "Sabres officially take over as number one team in Buffalo" (ACCORDING to who, YOU??) - would never have occurred.

I'm sorry, big Sabres AND Bills fan - I support them both 110% - win or lose. But the Sabres are local - the Bills are worldwide - try calling up to share that perspective and it's not "worthwhile to the show."

Shows like this make me sick and do nothing for the morale of Buffalo. Kick the Bills while they're down but I'll suck their A$$ when they win.

Bunch of bandwagoners!

Sabres this, sabres that, sabres, i love the sabres, who are the bills, sabres, sabres, bills suck, sabres, gotta gotta gotta, did I mention the Sabres? Sabre players are people - bills players are bad bad bad.

(Don't give me this: the common man can relate to the Sabres and not the Bills when both make millions upon millions a year - more than most "common folk" will ever see in lifetime. )

Schopp was over the top and an arrogant pig. If the Bills won last Sunday - today's topic: "Sabres officially take over as number one team in Buffalo" (ACCORDING to who, YOU??) - would never have occurred.

I'm sorry, big Sabres AND Bills fan - I support them both 110% - win or lose. But the Sabres are local - the Bills are worldwide - try calling up to share that perspective and it's not "worthwhile to the show."

Shows like this make me sick and do nothing for the morale of Buffalo. Kick the Bills while they're down but I'll suck their A$$ when they win.

Bunch of bandwagoners!

How about according to the Fans? The Bills had what? 25,000 - 30,000 empty seats? In what could be described as a unofficial playoff game.

The Sabres are taking advantage of the fact that the NHL is a better product than the NFL right now. Right now the NFL is not even the best football product. That goes to college football.

WNY fans relate more to the Sabres. Not just because they are winning. It's because the NHL is more "neighborhood". The NFL is 100% corporate. The NHL and Sabres are our dirty little secret. The NHL shut down for a year so that teams like the Sabres can exist. The NHL is tailored so a team like the Sabres can win it all. The NFL would rather forget small markets like WNY even exist. They would rather see teams in Mexico, Canada and Europe.

How about according to the Fans? The Bills had what? 25,000 - 30,000 empty seats? In what could be described as a unofficial playoff game.

The Sabres are taking advantage of the fact that the NHL is a better product than the NFL right now. Right now the NFL is not even the best football product. That goes to college football.

WNY fans relate more to the Sabres. Not just because they are winning. It's because the NHL is more "neighborhood". The NFL is 100% corporate. The NHL and Sabres are our dirty little secret. The NHL shut down for a year so that teams like the Sabres can exist. The NHL is tailored so a team like the Sabres can win it all. The NFL would rather forget small markets like WNY even exist. They would rather see teams in Mexico, Canada and Europe.

So, tell me - if the Sabres didn't come off the strike blazing like they are - would they be that popular because the "NHL shut down for a year so that teams like the Sabres can exist." (what a crock that argument is)

Dude, in your little dream world - the Sabres are an anomaly - Buffalo is the only team in the NHL that is seeing this type of success - go to Boston, NY or even Carolina and you can walk up - same day - to get a ticket.

If the gears were switched and bills were winning - fans would be going nuts over the bills.

Winning brings fans and support. But his show was so over the top and biased - he couldn't even handle a call from someone to counter his points - what a joke. I'm sorry, but I expect more for Buffalo NY.

So, tell me - if the sabres didn't come off the strike blazing like they are - would they be that popular because the "NHL shut down for a year so that teams like the Sabres can exist." (what a crock that agrument is)

Dude, in your little dream world - the sabres are an anomoly - Buffalo is the only team in the NHL that is seeing this type of success - go to Boston, NY or even Carolina and you can walk up - same day - to get a ticket.

If the gears were switched and bills were winning - fans would be going nuts over the bills.

Winning brings fans and support. But his show was so over the top and biased - he couldn't even handle a call from someone to counter his points - what a joke. I'm sorry, but I expect more for Buffalo NY.

The Bills were 5-2 and playing for a playoff spot. That's not winning?

You're throwing alot against teh wall but none of it's sticking.

Buffalo is the only team in the NHL that is seeing this type of success
That must be why the NHL is coming off of record profits.

But his show was so over the top and biased - he couldn't even handle a call from someone to counter his points

Funny thing. I heard the show and I heard dozens of calls supporting the Bills. :censored:

The Bills were 5-2 and playing for a playoff spot.

That must be why the NHL is coming off of record profits.

Funny thing. I heard the show and I heard dozens of calls supporting the Bills. :)

The Bills needed a miracle to make the playoffs!

Where's your link on NHL record profits?

Last I heard, it will be a miracle if the Sabres make a profit THIS year:

http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28281

WGR55 is a joke and should be called "Sabres Radio 24-7." Even the callers they let on are a bunch of fems.

Nice try buddy but don't you have calls to screen?

The Bills needed a miracle to make the playoffs!

Where's your link on NHL record profits?

Last I heard, it will be a miracle if the Sabres make a profit THIS year:

http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28281

WGR55 is a joke and should be called "Sabres Radio 24-7." Even the callers they let on are a bunch of fems.

Nice try buddy but don't you have calls to screen?

"miracle" = 1 Jets Loss?

Nice try buddy. Shouldn't you be looking up some facts before you post :)

AND a win, on the road in Baltimore, against one of the TOP defensive units in the league?

Again, nice try champ - now go find me a link on NHL profits. (good luck!)

So your whole point is that nobody has faith in the Bills? And yet you consider them winning 1 road game

against a very good team "a miracle"?

What kind of fan are you? So you are saying that fans stayed away from last Sundays game because of the

game this Sunday?

The NHL cap went up this year. Which means, and I'll type this s l o w f o r y o u, s o you

c a n r e a d, means their profits went up. :censored:

So your whole point is that nobody has faith in the Bills? And yet you consider them winning 1 road game

against a very good team "a miracle"?

What kind of fan are you? So you are saying that fans stayed away from last Sundays game because of the

game this Sunday?

The NHL cap went up this year. Which means, and I'll type this s l o w f o r y o u, s o you

c a n r e a d, means their profits went up. :censored:

No, the real question is: what kind of fan are YOU?

Again, find me a link on record nhl profits - please, hurry - meanwhile, our beloved Sabres STILL can't make a profit.

The Bills are still king in Buffalo and always will be in terms of numbers. Many more people like football--it's just a fact. The Bills still lead the league in terms of households watching their team. I think it's great the Sabres are great and have a chance at the Cup. I just moved back to Buffalo and was very disappointed in WGR and all the hockey talk though. I frankly don't care about hockey in Sept-Jan. And nobody else around the country does either! Face it, it's a regoinal sport and a Canadian sport. What league gets dissed for poker? When ESPN and the ocho and all of its 1-8 channels does not want to carry your league's games b/c ratings are so bad---nobody cares. Again I think it's great the Sabres are doing well, but talk about it Feb through May/June when it matters. After 5 games they're talking about the Sabres here--it's like talking about the Bills after the first half of their first game. The fact the Bills have not fielded a great team since '99 is the main reason they haven't gotten as much support lately. Once the Bills go to the play-offs and have a good team the psyche will change. The Sabres would be out of here quickly for lack of interest if they went 7 seasons w/o a playoff appearance.

It's nice that B'lo has a good team in the Sabres, but there is as much interest nationally as Rochester having the Raging Rhinos as a good soccer team. Nobody cares or knows b/c there is just no interest nationally.

The Bills are still king in Buffalo and always will be in terms of numbers. Many more people like football--it's just a fact. The Bills still lead the league in terms of households watching their team. I think it's great the Sabres are great and have a chance at the Cup. I just moved back to Buffalo and was very disappointed in WGR and all the hockey talk though. I frankly don't care about hockey in Sept-Jan. And nobody else around the country does either! Face it, it's a regoinal sport and a Canadian sport. What league gets dissed for poker? When ESPN and the ocho and all of its 1-8 channels does not want to carry your league's games b/c ratings are so bad---nobody cares. Again I think it's great the Sabres are doing well, but talk about it Feb through May/June when it matters. After 5 games they're talking about the Sabres here--it's like talking about the Bills after the first half of their first game. The fact the Bills have not fielded a great team since '99 is the main reason they haven't gotten as much support lately. Once the Bills go to the play-offs and have a good team the psyche will change. The Sabres would be out of here quickly for lack of interest if they went 7 seasons w/o a playoff appearance.

It's nice that B'lo has a good team in the Sabres, but there is as much interest nationally as Rochester having the Raging Rhinos as a good soccer team. Nobody cares or knows b/c there is just no interest nationally.

This was exactly my agruement with the WGR screener today - but again - it wasn't relevant.

Schoop is nothing more than a shill to Entercom who makes a TON of money off ad revenue because of the SABRES and the BILLS.

But still, WGR is a joke... and so is DeLuca1967.

The Bills are still king in Buffalo and always will be in terms of numbers. Many more people like football--it's just a fact. The Bills still lead the league in terms of households watching their team. ally.

"it's just a fact"? Really? Basesd on what? Not the actual people going to the games. I guess they don't matter.

So we will stick to those numbers you make up :censored:

"lead the League"? "households watching their team"? Based on what?

Based on the very NFL's figures!!!! Buffalo and Green Bay hold the HIGHEST share almost every week in terms of number of households watching the games. They lead NY, Boston, Miami etc.... So more homes watch the Bills than any other city (most weeks) except for Green Bay. So that's not interest?????

Schoops a jerk because he said the Sabres are better than the Bills. What a Jerk. Your not a real fan if you think the Sabres are better than the Bills.

What kind of journalist does he think he is, everyone know that the Bills are better than the Sabres and if you say anything else you're a jerk too....

Oh wait a minute I sound like a jerk now too don't I? :censored:

Idiots.... its talk radio not the New York Times.