Brian Leonard - FB - Rutgers

PIZ

If that's the case fine.

But rather than waste a pick on Leonard in the first round.....or any early round-

I'd rather take a dynamic halfback- that has to be accounted for by the defense.

Sorry- no matter the hype I don't see Leonard as that player. I would consider taking him in he 4rth round or lower -though.

This is the last I'll say on this. But before you say he's not dynamic look at these:

Leonard 3

Leonard 4

Leonard is a very prolific FB and a quality player. However, he will NOT be a 1st Round pick. If by some miracle he does, he'll sneak into the bottom. But again, I highly doubt that.

We'll most likely be picking at 13 or 14. It would be the most ridiculous reach in history if we picked him. Besides, he's not the type of FB that we use in our offense. He's first and foremost a running and recieving FB. His blocking skills are average and he's not that big.

If he was available in the 3rd and we addressed needs in Rounds 1 and 2, that would be one thing.

Seems to be a good player, but perhaps a "luxury" pick for an already well-stocked team...

Definetly. We have too many needs to be going to upgrade the FB position.

He is a late 1st, early 2nd round pick, but it'd be very useless of us to select him with our pick with the type of players available for us to take.

Just so everyones on the same page....No one is saying the Bills should draft a FB in round one. No one.

Thanks so much for clearing that up.

You would think that might be on someones mind though-especially since the title of this thread is:

Brian Leonard - FB - Rutgers, Good enough for a 1st round pick?

Thanks so much for clearing that up.

You would think that might be on someones mind though-especially since the title of this thread is:

Brian Leonard - FB - Rutgers, Good enough for a 1st round pick?

The title may have thrown people off, but the question was really just "is he good enough to go in the first round", but not necessarily to Buffalo in the first round.

Seems to be a good player, but perhaps a "luxury" pick for an already well-stocked team...

On Marv's watch I think luxury picks are a thing of the past.

I would love to have an offensive FB (one that gains yardage on passes and runs) but I think this years draft will focus on a CB and the lines.

On Marv's watch I think luxury picks are a thing of the past.

I would love to have an offensive FB (one that gains yardage on passes and runs) but I think this years draft will focus on a CB and the lines.

They drafted 3 DBs in the first four picks last season and Nate's replacement was one of them. No way do they focus on drafting a CB, they instead will focus on drafting players that will help stop opposing RBs from running the ball down their throats.