The Rosenhaus / Levy Poker Game has started

Kipers Hair

Levy needs to let Rosenhaus hype him up beyond all belief, even give Drew R. a bit of indication that they will work together. Let other teams also get excited about willis.

Then bam, trade him for a 1st or 2nd, or both picks from a desperate and stupid team.

Willis McGahee is not consistent enough, he is a fair weather player. He is not a true Buffalo Bill.

Very well said i want a guy that bleeds buffalo blue, willis doesn't have the heart thurman or even travis had, i want a guy with that type of size,running style and heart!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well said i want a guy that bleeds buffalo blue, willis doesn't have the heart thurman or even travis had, i want a guy with that type of size,running style and heart!

Can you let me tear your acl/mcl/pcl then break your ribs and lets see how much "heart" or whatever imaginary term you can come up with perform your job with. <_<

I was very impressed with Willis this year, how he played through injury, kept grinding, never complained about our line. He is still only 25 and with an improved line and passing game I think he can be a much above average back. I would love to get him locked up this off season and add RB to the list of positions we don't have to worry about. Who knows if it will happen, and I wouldn't break the bank for it, since it is one of the easiest positions to replace, but having WM long term is a good thing.

Can you let me tear your acl/mcl/pcl then break your ribs and lets see how much "heart" or whatever imaginary term you can come up with perform your job with. <_<

defend Willis all you want, what game was it this year when afterwards he was unaware of his team's (Bills) record?

that sais enough right there

defend Willis all you want, what game was it this year when afterwards he was unaware of his team's (Bills) record?

that sais enough right there

Sorry, but I generally won't take hearsay from message board as indisputable fact. Not that I'm gonna call that poster a liar, but to me it's nothing more then 2nd hand gossip. What I will do though is take issue with people who say McGahee lacks "heart" that's flat out not true. He might not have the production some people desire, which is a more then fair argument. I personally believe it's due to a very shaky offensive line and non polished but improving passing game. What I've seen the last 5 weeks of this season is a rb coming off broken ribs put up 388 yards on 94 attempts for 4.1ypc and 5 tds. With an upgraded oline and more experience for the offense I have no reason other then to believe he could expand on those #'s. There's something to be said for continuity. However don't get me wrong I am by no means opposed to the drafting of another rb. Infact I think it would be a great idea not to get rid of McGahee but to have a more versatile 1-2 punch. In the vein of fred taylor/jones drew or mcallister/bush etc etc.

so to protect the player from injury the player wants a big bonus upfront........no problem, teams are willing to do that......but what is in it for them?? years, they want players locked in for years so that they can get some return on their investment........so there is a trade off here - we'll give you money up front, but you lock yourself in for X amount of years at X amount of dollars......oh, by the way, if you underperform we may cut you down the road but, on the flipside, we won't ask for any of your signing bonus back, you get to keep that.......deal??

there is no gun to the heads of these players........if they trust there abilities and don't want to get locked in to a deal, no worries, sign a one year contract and get paid the next year based on your performance........but players won't do that (well, except for maurice clarett) because they want the upfront dollars.........the point is it involves a committment, and players should honor that committment......i don't have any pity for a guy who signs a deal, puts his pen to the paper - it is a trade off and when they sign they should accept that trade-off.......they can't have it both ways, although many try to

First, you can't look at this from a "real world" business perspective. The NFL is not the real world. Players usually want a shorter term deal, it's the teams that want long term. No player wants a one year deal though. They want the upfront dollars as their career could be over tomorrow. This usually is not the case in the business world. If you felt that you outperformed your original salary, or that your peers were better paid for doing the same job, you'd ask for a raise,right? That part is no different. But the short lived nature of players careers and the rapidly increasing salary structure due to salary cap increases is very different. Willis signed a below market value deal originally because of his injury. Now that he has proven his durability and the knee is no longer a question,he's not out of line heading into the final year of that deal to seek an extension. It's not offensive at all. Players are paid because of their unique talent. It's not like the Bills can put an ad in the paper and find someone else, like your employer could. If it bothers you that players contracts go by different rules than your own, go be an NFL player then.

Herein lies something I just despise about the NFL.

He signed a contract for five years, which means next year he will get exactly what he deserves because it is what he agreed to.

I understand teams and players break contracts all the time, but it's annoying for the rest of us who have to live by the contracts we sign.

Become a top tier athlete who takes a beating every Sunday and has a very short career expectancy and then you can negotiate your own contract. I dont blame these guys for wanting to get paid, they know how cut throat it is, why not get the cash while you can.

I'm going to wait until I hear more about what exactly Rosenhaus/McGahee really want.

I know Drew got $30M/4 yrs for E. James. And I would have to believe that its common knowledge that McGahee is not going to get E. James kind of money. So, if it's say $20M/4 years, I wouldn't really have a problem with that.

$25M/4 years would be iffy, but the bottom line is, lets see what exactly is on the table first.

First, you can't look at this from a "real world" business perspective. The NFL is not the real world. Players usually want a shorter term deal, it's the teams that want long term. No player wants a one year deal though. They want the upfront dollars as their career could be over tomorrow. This usually is not the case in the business world. If you felt that you outperformed your original salary, or that your peers were better paid for doing the same job, you'd ask for a raise,right? That part is no different. But the short lived nature of players careers and the rapidly increasing salary structure due to salary cap increases is very different. Willis signed a below market value deal originally because of his injury. Now that he has proven his durability and the knee is no longer a question,he's not out of line heading into the final year of that deal to seek an extension. It's not offensive at all. Players are paid because of their unique talent. It's not like the Bills can put an ad in the paper and find someone else, like your employer could. If it bothers you that players contracts go by different rules than your own, go be an NFL player then.

i have no issue with someone asking for a raise, in sports or the "real world".........

however, there is a big problem with refusing to honor a contract that you have put your name to, in sports or in the "real world".........in the "real world", you get sued if you refuse to show up for work when you are contracted to do so........i wish it worked that way in the NFL as well........would set a great precedent.....

i have no issue with someone asking for a raise, in sports or the "real world".........

however, there is a big problem with refusing to honor a contract that you have put your name to, in sports or in the "real world".........in the "real world", you get sued if you refuse to show up for work when you are contracted to do so........i wish it worked that way in the NFL as well........would set a great precedent.....

True but, in the real world your neck doesn't snap like a twig to often, and your leg doesn't explode, just for the hell of it.

Well, teams refuse to honor contracts all the time by cutting players. It is simply understood that the contract is not guaranteed. The contract is more about the teams rights to the player than the terms of the deal. Market conditions change drastically in a short period of time and the pay structure is somewhat liquid as a result. Also, nowhere did I see it indicated that WM was refusing to play or honor his deal in any way. But he knows teams usually don't let you play out the final year of a deal if they want to keep you around. In no way do I think WM is out of line by seeking a contract extension heading into his final year.

Well, teams refuse to honor contracts all the time by cutting players. It is simply understood that the contract is not guaranteed. The contract is more about the teams rights to the player than the terms of the deal. Market conditions change drastically in a short period of time and the pay structure is somewhat liquid as a result. Also, nowhere did I see it indicated that WM was refusing to play or honor his deal in any way. But he knows teams usually don't let you play out the final year of a deal if they want to keep you around. In no way do I think WM is out of line by seeking a contract extension heading into his final year.

it is written within the terms of an NFL contract that it can be terminated at any time.........that is something the player agrees to when he signs the deal, just like any other contract anyone signs willingly..........