We need a running back

nodnarb

Uhh am i missing something or didn't 21 run for 95 yards against TEN? I do agree we need a tailback but not one that would challenge Willis. What the bills really need is a change of pace 3rd down tailback with excellent pass blocking and a good receiver out of the backfield a la K. Faulk or Reggie Bush. That would take much pressure off 21 and let him do his thing as an (almost) every down back. And goddamn, sure the guy is going to stuggle a little bit when he is playing hurt (cracked ribs, etc. etc.) half a f'in season and is relegated to only running to one side of the field because only one end of the OL can open up holes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Before you judge Willis, Id like to see him run behind a good line....

I think Willis is a very good RB. Our O line is crap.... "

Let's stop making excuses for Willis. Who's blocking for Frank Gore? Except for a very old Larry Allen and an oft injured Jonas Jennings, no one. Who's blocking for LT? A bunch of no name journeymen and a rookie. Who's blocking for LJ... except for Will Shields...nobody. A good back is a good back, regardless of what line he plays behind. Let's just face it, be honest, and get over it. Willis is marginal as a starter in this league... and that's it.

Let's stop making excuses for Willis. Who's blocking for Frank Gore? Except for a very old Larry Allen and an oft injured Jonas Jennings, no one. Who's blocking for LT? A bunch of no name journeymen and a rookie. Who's blocking for LJ... except for Will Shields...nobody. A good back is a good back, regardless of what line he plays behind. Let's just face it, be honest, and get over it. Willis is marginal as a starter in this league... and that's it.

LOL I bet if you asked the coaches on any team about Willis they wouldn't say "he's marginal" or "just an average back"

I wish Bills' fans would stop being so stupid.

... and that's the TROOTH! <_<

can we get Frank Gore from San Fran..

We wish!!! He is incredible!!!

He is averaging 5.5 yards per carry despite an average OL at best and a passing game that has mostly stunk this year-

not to mention they are behind in many,many games.

He is on my fantasy team-thank God I can keep him next year as with an improved passing game and another solid draft aiding other weak areas(and having a healthy Vernon Davis) he should only improve on his numbers.

The difference between these two in attitude and consistency is huge. McGahee is a turd- Gore is a BEAST!!!!!

LOL I bet if you asked the coaches on any team about Willis they wouldn't say "he's marginal" or "just an average back"

I wish Bills' fans would stop being so stupid.

Well, well, well Mr. Genious. Only a fool argues fact. You wear it well. The NFL avg. for a running back is 4.0 YPC. Don't believe me, look it up. Now, check Willis' numbers, genious. It comes out < than avg., which means, he's in that "marginal/avg. category". Right, and I'm misrepresenting the facts. He is what he is and the facts are the facts... and the numbers show he stinks by NFL starter standards.

He's an overrated, underachieving, waste of salary cap$$$ (unless he wants to play backup). You believed all the hype and drank the koolaid because you don't have a mind of your own... you buy into the press and the media hype. Well, I've got news for you, there isn't a defensive coordinator on the planet that loses sleep having to prepare for a game against Willis. Now, LT, LJ, Frank Gore, Tiki Barber... now those are running backs, and DC nightmares. You need to get out more often to see what a real running back looks like. Willis is just a wanabee and pretender. I'd even pay Ladell Betts double what Willis makes.

I will bet you right here and right now, the Bills will not extend Willis contract.... that's how much they think of him. And, I'll also go on record as saying the Bills will acquire a running back in the offseason with their sights set on him starting immediately.

Well, well, well Mr. Genious. Only a fool argues fact. You wear it well. The NFL avg. for a running back is 4.0 YPC. Don't believe me, look it up. Now, check Willis' numbers, genious. It comes out < than avg., which means, he's in that "marginal/avg. category". Right, and I'm misrepresenting the facts. He is what he is and the facts are the facts... and the numbers show he stinks by NFL starter standards.

He's an overrated, underachieving, waste of salary cap$$$ (unless he wants to play backup). You believed all the hype and drank the koolaid because you don't have a mind of your own... you buy into the press and the media hype. Well, I've got news for you, there isn't a defensive coordinator on the planet that loses sleep having to prepare for a game against Willis. Now, LT, LJ, Frank Gore, Tiki Barber... now those are running backs, and DC nightmares. You need to get out more often to see what a real running back looks like. Willis is just a wanabee and pretender. I'd even pay Ladell Betts double what Willis makes.

I will bet you right here and right now, the Bills will not extend Willis contract.... that's how much they think of him. And, I'll also go on record as saying the Bills will acquire a running back in the offseason with their sights set on him starting immediately.

AND cut and print! you're a f'in moron troll.

Uhh am i missing something or didn't 21 run for 95 yards against TEN? I do agree we need a tailback but not one that would challenge Willis. What the bills really need is a change of pace 3rd down tailback with excellent pass blocking and a good receiver out of the backfield a la K. Faulk or Reggie Bush.

Absolutely brilliant.... Obviously you own a #21 jersey. Now you want to cottle the dude. You either don't know or completely forgot about to the ghosts of Terry Miller, Greg Bell, and Ronnie Harmon.

If Willis McGahee was playing running back for the Patriots or Dolphins, you'd be lamenting how much he sucked and how bad those teams screwed themselves.

This is the same crap we heard about DB during his stay here. The bottom line is that the Bills have a straight ahead style runner who can't make anyone miss and doesn't have the beef or the willingness to run through tacklers.

That's a pretty accurate description, IMO. McGahee actually reminds me an awful lot of another former Bills RB, Antowain Smith in that regard. Given a choice on third and 1, I think both would rather try to run around a defender than over him.

Absolutely brilliant.... Obviously you own a #21 jersey. Now you want to cottle the dude. You either don't know or completely forgot about to the ghosts of Terry Miller, Greg Bell, and Ronnie Harmon.

If Willis McGahee was playing running back for the Patriots or Dolphins, you'd be lamenting how much he sucked and how bad those teams screwed themselves.

What's with the hostility, dude?