A Few Thoughts About The Game And The Bills

Bill from NYC

1) It is hard to believe just how in tune many TSW posters are with our football team. Major Kudos to whoever called for a running play to Josh Reed.

2) I am not one to focus too much on, nor gush over quarterbacks. That said, JP played his ass off, and left this cynical poster completely impressed.

3) I am trying to put into perspective JUST how good Jason Peters is. I wouldn't accept anything less for him in a trade than the #1 pick in the 07 draft. I would only accept this because Badolbilz told me there is a kid coming out of college who is an absolute super talent, with a chance to be an all-time great. Am I getting my point accross?

4) There were 7 minutes and 35 seconds left in the 2nd quarter when I realized that the titans suck. Not sure how this is relevant.

5) You saw it yourself people. Fowler is a little light in the ass. :doh:

6) Talk about a game changing play? The 2nd quarter holding penalty by Gandy hurt us BIG FRIGGIN TIME! It cost us points and momentum. Imo, he is a backup OT and nothing more. We simply must fix this problem in the offseason. I for one couldn't care less if Gandy walks. Sorry about that.

7) Announcers don't generally phase me, and I consider #89 a dear friend. This is why I am not going to say horrible things about Steve Tasker. Cindy knows him and says he is a good guy. Merry Christmas Cindy! :doh:

8) I have been generally complimentary toward Tripplett. Yesterday, he was so bad that I wanted to cry. I held back because it would have looked bad in front of my wife and 3 daughters.

9) I put none of the blame for this loss on our DEs. They can't be expected to play DE and DT at the same time. I hope we keep Kelsay. There is much hope for Kyle Williams at DT, or so I see it.

10) We need Nate, not a first round replacement. :D

11) I am not angry. The Bills accomplished more than we had a right to expect imo. We got very lucky with some TD acquisitions (Evans, Losman and Peters to name a few) and some late round picks by Marv. When the smoke clears, this team will have a chance to be very good. We can all see the needs.....OGs, DTs, and young LBs. These are NOT the toughest positions to fill. In any event, I live every day proud of being a part of the Buffalo Bills community.

12) Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones, and may God bless.

BfNYC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree. Given long run with no success and fan support dropping off this is a critical offseason. Of course our owners and our GMs age also create urgency. So we better be aggressive. With cap limits up it will be a sellers market so we will have to target and attack. We need to end up a net 2 good starters from FA. If we signed all of our quality FA and picked up a good DT and linebacker we can improve the O in the draft.. If we loose NC and/orLF we will need 3 or 4 good FA to improve our club and I dont think we can pull that off. The draft is good for 2 starters and 2 or 3 improvements for depth or roles at best

8) I have been generally complimentary toward Tripplett. Yesterday, he was so bad that I wanted to cry. I held back because it would have looked bad in front of my wife and 3 daughters.

9) I put none of the blame for this loss on our DEs. They can't be expected to play DE and DT at the same time. I hope we keep Kelsay. There is much hope for Kyle Williams at DT, or so I see it.

877644[/snapback]

Are you sure about Williams? Where do you see his strength being? From what I understand about the cover-2, Triplett's job is to get up field, but Williams main responsibility is run support. If we need to upgrade our run defense, and I think we can all agree that we do, then Williams' position is the first one I'm looking at.

Are you sure about Williams?  Where do you see his strength being?  From what I understand about the cover-2, Triplett's job is to get up field, but Williams main responsibility is run support.  If we need to upgrade our run defense, and I think we can all agree that we do, then Williams' position is the first one I'm looking at.

877648[/snapback]

Are you sure about Williams?  Where do you see his strength being?  From what I understand about the cover-2, Triplett's job is to get up field, but Williams main responsibility is run support.  If we need to upgrade our run defense, and I think we can all agree that we do, then Williams' position is the first one I'm looking at.

877648[/snapback]

I think that Williams shows much promise for an unheralded 5th round rookie.

Imo, Tripplett is looking like a designated pass rusher at DT. I understand that pressure up the middle is his main role, but he seems to have almost no chance of either stopping a running play, or stacking up the line even a little bit to slow things down.

We have to change this situation. You simply cannot give up this kind of running room and allow backs to burst upfield unimpeded.

... and no mention of Travis Henry.

Do you still think Willis is a "far" better back? :doh:

1) It is hard to believe just how in tune many TSW posters are with our football team. Major Kudos to whoever called for a running play to Josh Reed.

2) I am not one to focus too much on, nor gush over quarterbacks. That said, JP played his ass off, and left this cynical poster completely impressed.

3) I am trying to put into perspective JUST how good Jason Peters is. I wouldn't accept anything less for him in a trade than the #1 pick in the 07 draft. I would only accept this because Badolbilz told me there is a kid coming out of college who is an absolute super talent, with a chance to be an all-time great. Am I getting my point accross?

4) There were 7 minutes and 35 seconds left in the 2nd quarter when I realized that the titans suck. Not sure how this is relevant.

5) You saw it yourself people. Fowler is a little light in the ass.  :lol:

6) Talk about a game changing play? The 2nd quarter holding penalty hurt us BIG FRIGGIN TIME! It cost us points and momentum. Imo, he is a backup OT and nothing more. We simply must fix this problem in the offseason. I for one couldn't care less if Gandy walks. Sorry about that.

7) Announcers don't generally phase me, and I consider #89 a dear friend. This is why I am not going to say horrible things about Steve Tasker. Cindy knows him and says he is a good guy. Merry Christmas Cindy!  :doh:

10) We need Nate, not a first round replacement.  :D

11) I am not angry. The Bills accomplished more than we had a right to expect imo. We got very lucky with some TD acquisitions (Evans, Losman and Peters to name a few) and some late round picks by Marv. When the smoke clears, this team will have a chance to be very good. We can all see the needs.....OGs, DTs, and young LBs. These are NOT the toughest positions to fill. In any event, I live every day proud of being a part of the Buffalo Bills community.

12) Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones, and may God bless.

BfNYC

877644[/snapback]

Travis had a good game. Willis had an OK game. In any case, that's semantics.

If you couldn't notice the stark difference between the two, then you're pretty closed minded. Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to see what we are missing after Bills fans (like you) were quick to run him out of town.

Yeah, I much prefer Willis to Travis, who DID have a good game.

877668[/snapback]

Yeah, I much prefer Willis to Travis, who DID have a good game.

877668[/snapback]

What did you see from Willis that Travis would not give you??

Some other points to consider.....

Jauron should be on a VERY short leash when he singlehandedly gave the Titans a win.

Vince Young is the best QB in this years class

Travis had a good game. Willis had an OK game.  In any case, that's semantics. 

If you couldn't notice the stark difference between the two, then you're pretty closed minded.  Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to see what we are missing after Bills fans (like you) were quick to run him out of town.

877671[/snapback]

Yeah, that was me in the war room who drafted Willis in the first round with Steinbach sitting there. :D

Besides, why be a douche on Christmas? Tomorrow is another day, and will present a golden opportunity for this. You can jump all over it.

Merry Christmas. I hope the rest of your day is pleasant. :doh::doh:

Good post, Bill.

One more thing about JP. I've been one of the more outspoken supporters of giving the guy a chance for awhile now. And of course I've been impressed with his progression all year.

But I have to be honest. It wasn't until this game, in particular, the last TD pass to Lee when I finally became convinced that JP isn't just "progressing", he's arrived. He is a good NFL QB. Sitting (okay, standing) in the Ralph sometime in the third quarter, I just got that comfortable feeling with JP. I wasn't watching every move he made, or analyzing every decision, I was just watching a good QB lead his team.

It's something I haven't gotten to watch in a Bills team in a long time. It's a darn good feeling.

I do disagree about Pennington though, he is more than a backup. The kid can start in this league. And, I have a feeling he is going to be a solid (if unspectacular) starter for this team in the near future.

Now...about the run defense, OG positions and Nate Clements... :D

I think that Williams shows much promise for an unheralded 5th round rookie.

Imo, Tripplett is looking like a designated pass rusher at DT. I understand that pressure up the middle is his main role, but he seems to have almost no chance of either stopping a running play, or stacking up the line even a little bit to slow things down.

We have to change this situation. You simply cannot give up this kind of running room and allow backs to burst upfield unimpeded.

877665[/snapback]

Agreed that we have to change the situtation. And I agree that Williams has played well for a fifth round rookie. However, when it comes down to gameday, I don't care where a player was drafted, only if he can produce as we need him to. Williams looks like a solid depth player and a guy that can start sometimes as well. And if we need to change the situation, isn't Williams where you'd look first, too? Triplett is a designated pass rusher, but we knew that when he signed here. So, if you could upgrade one with a player not on the roster, Williams or Triplett (keeping in mind that McCargo basically plays Triplett's role)?

And if you're in NYC, check out midtown. It's empty as can be. Kind of eerie.

Merry Christmas, Bill.

My only major concern is Nate Clements. Marv is old but not blind or dumb, he can see we need some bigger,stronger DT's who can anchor the middle of our line. But Clements play has been lights out and everyone around the league took notice, he's set for a HUGE payday and I'm quite concerned about Ralph opening up the wallet for him, or if Nate REALLY wants to be a Bill. Also, one more thing, JP is legit and I'm glad to have him, although if he was to bomb or get hurt next week I'd love Colt Brennan, not just your typical Hawaii QB

Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to see what we are missing after Bills fans (like you) were quick to run him out of town.

877671[/snapback]

IIRC, TH said that he no longer wanted to play for the Bills. That TD obtained a 3rd round pick for him was good.

You can't keep a bad apple..

My only major concern is Nate Clements. Marv is old but not blind or dumb, he can see we need some bigger,stronger DT's who can anchor the middle of our line. But Clements play has been lights out and everyone around the league took notice, he's set for a HUGE payday and I'm quite concerned about Ralph opening up the wallet for him, or if Nate REALLY wants to be a Bill.

I looked-up Champ Bailey's contract, and he got $6M to sign and another $12M in option/buyout bonuses. So all Bowlen had to shell-out initially was $6M plus his 1st year salary ($1M). I think that's doable. And his cap hit that first year was just $1.86M.