1987, Yesterday and the Future

bisonbrigade

This year and season is like a flashback to 1987. That year was the start of the rise of the Bills. Coming off a 4-12 season the Bills started to beat good teams like Denver at the end of the year were 7-6. They were playing at home against New England with a win They would win the division. Well like yesterday they lost. BUT with that loss was born a great team. The next year the Bills went 12-4 and played in the AFC Championship game and in 1990 the Superbowl. Both had Marv Levy. I see a great future ahead. One more good draft with a good free agent or two and were there.

This year and season is like a flashback to 1987. That year was the start of the rise of the Bills. Coming off a 4-12 season the Bills started to beat good teams like Denver at the end of the year were 7-6. They were playing at home against New England with a win They would win the division. Well like yesterday they lost. BUT with that loss was born a great team. The next year the Bills went 12-4 and played in the AFC Championship game and in 1990 the Superbowl. Both had Marv Levy. I see a great future ahead. One more good draft with a good free agent or two and were there.

877628[/snapback]

I appreciate your optimism and I sincerely hope that this team will take a similar path, minus the whole '4 consecutive super bowl loss' thing.

I was at that 1987 game against New England. Man did I get drunk afterwards. Puked from Buffalo all the way back to Rochester. I remember it well. And I tell you that this team has the same feel as the 1987 team. All the bills need is a little better line play on both sides of the ball and they will be in business.

Here are some things to look forward to.

1. JP Losman is a good young QB. He played well the second half of the year.

2. Willis McGahee will be resigned. Levy and Jauron like his toughness.

3. Lee Evans is a All-Pro reciever.

4. Aaron Shoebel is a all pro DE.

5. London Fletcher is a stud and will be resigned. Wilson, Levy and Jauron like him.

5. The Special teams are great.

6. The team is full of good young players.

7. The coaching staff is good. (they made some bad calls, but who doesnt)

8. Marv Levy knows what hes doing. Just look how the team is compared to the past.

9. The Bills will have alot of Cap space to work with.

10. This team is close to being REALLY good.

I was at that 1987 game against New England. Man did I get drunk afterwards. Puked from Buffalo all the way back to Rochester. I remember it well. And I tell you that this team has the same feel as the 1987 team. All the bills need is a little better line play on both sides of the ball and they will be in business.

877635[/snapback]

That game was also blacked out and the bills lost when kelly threw the pick into triple coverage at the score board end of the field. Only because of that year being a strike season and all this game to me really felt like the 89 loss in cleveland.......royals=harmon..........

Too many points left out there on the field in the 3rd qt.....we could have blown that game wide open when the d. was stopping tenn. :D

5. London Fletcher is a stud and will be resigned. Wilson, Levy and Jauron like him.

8. Marv Levy knows what hes doing. Just look how the team is compared to the past.

877639[/snapback]

11. resign clements

12. resign CLEMENTS

13. RESIGN CLEMENTS

ok im done have a nice day :D

877635[/snapback]

The problem is that there was no free agency back then. So, even if you see similarities, the nature of the business has changed so much that the similarities will be fleeting.

I've got a similarity:

The 2nd to last time I went to the final game of the season when it was a road game was the season finale in Philadelphia 12/27/87. I'm going to the season finale in Baltimore next weekend.

Buffalo Bills: 2007 Eastern Division Champions!

The last time I went to a season finale on the road was 1989 vs the Jets. 1 year later we were AFC Champs

Buffalo Bills: 2007 AFC Champions!

The bills have a great young group of talent, and even though we didnt make the playoffs :D this team has a lot to build on. Juaron is a smart man and so is levy, this offseason (after we beat balitimore 17 13) we gonna statr our draft and free agent prep, resign clements and fletcher and mcgahee, re do losman and evans deals and have another productive offseason. this team is 5 points away from going 8-0 after the bye week this year. next year that wont be the case. Go Bills

In Marv We trust

877639[/snapback]

Oline, 2 BIG D tackles and a good TE.....

What this team lacks is the how to win big games nod...