I love Spikes, But..

Avalanche

Spikes needs a full offseason of conditioning under his belt. He essentially had no training camp or preseason and was further set back by a hamstring injury in Week 1. I say give him another year.

He also generates a lot of buzz for the Bills and actually brings people to the stadium, believe it or not... that has to count for something for this franchise...

Spikes probably will never be the same player he once was. That said, the Bills have plenty of salary cap space going into next year. There's no particular reason to mess with his contract right now. If he hasn't returned to form by the end of next season, then they should think about upgrading his position.

877521[/snapback]

I hate to say it but Spikes looked like a kitty out there today. I saw him get run over, ran by, and get beat any which way the Titans chose. One play in particular Spikes ran into the hole and watched Henry run right by him. I've seen enough to know he's not going to be any better either...he'll be 31 next year...That's getting up there for a LB.

Only way he stays is if he takes a major paycut. Can anyone tell us how much it would cost to cut him?

877401[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that he stands to make 6 million and change next season.

If the cap hit was 4 million it might be worth to send him away.

That play was nothing but a stalemate. I'm talking about a different play shortly after that where Travis went off-tackle and Spikes came up to meet him and Travis just mowed right over him like he was a 220lb rookie 'backer.

877383[/snapback]

Yeah, TH got like 15-18 yards after contact with Spikes. It was disturbing how poorly Takeo played.

Hello people: the main reason why he struggled today is that he was on the injury report ALL WEEK with a bad ankle. All those who say that he has lost all his lateral movement hasn't been watching him play the past 3 weeks. Remember how he ran and force LT out of bounds? WHile he still needs a whole offseason to be the TKO we knew in 2004, the TKO you saw yesterday wasn't even the best TKO you saw in 2006!