Merry X-Mas from Sabres

slothrop

lol, "attack Christmas"

877145[/snapback]

not just Christmas but Christianity in general. Beleive me I am no zealot but I cannot stand political correctness nor Christian bashing. Nor do I like Muslim bashing, Jewish bashing etc. It seems in vogue to bash Christians these days IMO

The PC junk has really screwed up everything. You've got one side with the "holiday tree" stuff and the other side over-sensitive to greetings and phrases have have been around for decades.

I give up. Merry Christmas everyone. Time to stop arguing about it and go enjoy it!

-Jeff

Yeah, because saying X-mas or Happy Holidays is really attacking Christmas. :thumbdown:

877158[/snapback]

thats not what I am talking about. For example at a local store the owner was talking to a customer and said he tried to get a nonreligous holiday decoration. He put up a wreath with holly. Then he finds out that the wreath symbolizes Christ's crown of thorns and the holly represents Christ's blood. He was worried about "offending people". Offending? I dont get it. Christ was a historical figure, even if you dont beleive he is the son of God-he was an amazing man that changed history forever after. If someone was described Christlike- how would that be offensive? It seems to me that would be a supreme compliment. If someone was called Mother Theresa like that would be regarded as a supreme compliment and her good deeds would not be lost because her faith. Thats the sh-- that pisses me off. Live and let live

thats not what I am talking about.  For example at a local store the owner was talking to a customer and said he tried to get a nonreligous holiday decoration.  He put up a wreath with holly.  Then he finds out that the wreath symbolizes Christ's crown of thorns and the holly represents Christ's blood.  He was worried about "offending people".  Offending?  I dont get it.  Christ was a historical figure, even if you dont beleive he is the son of God-he was an amazing man that changed history forever after.  If someone was described Christlike- how would that be offensive?  It seems to me that would be a supreme compliment.  If someone was called Mother Theresa like that would be regarded as a supreme compliment and her good deeds would not be lost because her faith.  Thats the sh-- that pisses me off.  Live and let live

877170[/snapback]

Yup, this sums up what I've been saying/feeling/thinking. People get defensive about this type of thing too.