REMINDER: SUNDAY TICKET DOES NOT ESCAPE BLACKOUT

Arkady Renko

My question is.  Since its blacked out in WNY is it going to be around the Tennesse area as well.  I'm going up that way for Christmas and I hope can watch the game.

874329[/snapback]

No blackout in the TN area. Just Buffalo area and any CBS station whose signal broadcasts within a 75 mile radius of Buffalo.

Sure it does.  Just make sure your address onfile with DTV is in a locale outside the blackout area...

874322[/snapback]

That's really quite brilliant....if it works. Of course it may cause some billing issues.

Sure it does.  Just make sure your address onfile with DTV is in a locale outside the blackout area...

874322[/snapback]

:doh:

My service supposedly goes by phone number; I have to have the receiver hooked up to the phone line for Sunday Ticket, and it blacks out games based on the phone exchange, apparently.

I've heard about people doing that different address with DirecTV.. anyone know if the game will be on in the corning area? According to this map it looks like it does. I gave my two tickets away to a friend who just got back from Iraq. Normally I'd just buy two more but with it being Christmas eve I cant spend 12 hours going to the actual game.. Was thinking about shooting down there somewhere to watch it if possible. That'd only waste about 6 hours.. Which is more reasonable... I guess I'd like to know where the closest place to Rochester is that gets the game on television. Now I know people will say "just go to the game" but again then I spend 4 hours before, 4 hours there, and 3 hours after because of all the traffic, tailgating etc which does not play well in to my family plans.

http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/16-CBS-E.gif

It works.  Trust me.  Have it billed directly to a credit card.

874369[/snapback]

Or you can do what I do in St. Louis. I own a Pizza place in Columbia, Mo and I live in Saint Louis. Inorder to get local St. Louis Channels I use my home address for my direct tv in the restaraunt........works great. All you would have to do is say you own a restaraunt/other home outside of Buffalo but you want the bills sent to your permanent home in Buff. Or just do what Darin said.......it sounds a little easier.

I'm telling you what I'd do, not what I'm doing now.  BTW, I get all the local BUFFALO television on my DirectTV.  Guess how I do that?  :doh:

874397[/snapback]

If you're using a local Buffalo address the game will be blacked out for you too!!!! :(

REally though, how do you get the locals without a "foreign" billing address?

on a somewhat related note, does anyone know if DirecTV is going to offer customers the chance to purchase the Sunday Ticket for that weekend only, like they did last year for the 12/24 games?

874358[/snapback]

got a response from DTV:

"NFL SUNDAY TICKET is available on a pay per day basis for $39.99. You can order a full day of NFL SUNDAY TICKET action by calling (800) 531-5000 or you can order on Sunday's using your remote.

I have good news! We have a special offer to order NFL SUNDAY TICKET on Dec 24, 2006 for only $19.99. That’s $20 off the regular price!

Please note that blackout restrictions apply to games in your designated region. Visit directv.com/blackouts for more information on blackouts and directv.com/NFL for more information about NFL SUNDAY TICKET."

I've heard about people doing that different address with DirecTV.. anyone know if the game will be on in the corning area?  According to this map it looks like it does.  I gave my two tickets away to a friend who just got back from Iraq.  Normally I'd just buy two more but with it being Christmas eve I cant spend 12 hours going to the actual game.. Was thinking about shooting down there somewhere to watch it if possible.  That'd only waste about 6 hours.. Which is more reasonable... I guess I'd like to know where the closest place to Rochester is that gets the game on television.  Now I know people will say "just go to the game" but again then I spend 4 hours before, 4 hours there, and 3 hours after because of all the traffic, tailgating etc which does not play well in to my family plans.

http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/16-CBS-E.gif

874371[/snapback]

Gribblenation's a great site, but always read the fine print. He says he pulls his data from a few other sources, and - bless him - he doesn't make claims for 100% accuracy. I've caught a few hiccups as the year has progressed. It's been my experience that the best data comes from www.titantv.com. Type in your zip code, choose analog or digital, and let 'er rip. I've found this source to nail it down within about an hour of the blackout, while gribblenation sometimes misses it...guess he has other things to do with his life than to update TV maps. Go figure. The upshot is that Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse are screwed blued tattooed. Going to head upstate to the Watertown area myself. It's like "The Land The NFL Forgot", and they don't screw with the blackouts up there.