Can someone explain to me the point...

ofiba

I don't understand why we have the terror color levels? Is it to tell us how scared to be? or perhaps to tell terrorists when we are least expecting an attack so they can plan accordingly. Someone tell me what good it does.

That many people can explain it? Yeah. Sounds about right.... Truth be told, the American public and even people in-the-know have little to no idea what the colors all mean.

We've seen, and not seen, the stepped-up security for Code Orange. It's a pretty pathetic cop-out to be able to say after the fact 'Well, hey, we raised the terror threat level!.... Unfortunately, we didn't inspect for boms in cargo containers.' That's the same as how our leaders supposedly didn't ever believe planes could be used as missiles. How about gauging the possibilities? How about meaningfully funding the DoHS and increase their function? Instead, we're spending our money liberating an area that had no links to terrorism or WMD; based on listening to people like Chalabi, who's now in jail for fraud and other charges.

And what will actually happen at the Red warning level? Will everyone be forced to stay in their homes, and be shot if they step outside? Will it be martial law?

I doubt we'll ever be back at Green or Blue.

The terror level is really for police and security agencies that take certain steps of increased security. After people learn how to read maybe you could do a little reading here.

Homeland Security

Young male Americans are really stupid because they watch too much TV and believe every thing they ssee .They have a serious problem understanding anything.

Some time watch the TV ads closely that have males in them , the males depicted are either wimpy or gay or both. The real Americans are the ones in the United States Military.You dont see them dancing around the a sugar plum fairey :doh::doh:

I don't understand why we have the terror color levels? Is it to tell us how scared to be? or perhaps to tell terrorists when we are least expecting an attack so they can plan accordingly. Someone tell me what good it does.

63461[/snapback]

Marketing. The assumption is that the American public is collectively too dopey to comprehend statements like "We have indications that terrorists are targeting Wall Street". Rather, they reduce it to its most inane USA-Today level: "We're raising the threat level to 'orange'." It's also a way of showing the American public they're doing something...and a CYA tool: "Well, we were at orange. It's not like we didn't suspect something was going to happen."

But as for real, practical application? Well...I suppose it can be used by municipalities to coordinate readiness (e.g. when the threat level hits "orange", certain prepackaged plans are automatically implemented). Overall, thought...it's nonsense, and the DHS is probably starting to realize it, given that the current threat level is yellow-orange (yellow for most of the country, orange for DC and NY). Choosing an "in-between" color, or varying the "threat level" (i.e. color) by region on a national scale seems to me to be a tacit admission that it's at least in part nonsense.

Nothing more than a panacea and CYA tool against people like Tenny who like to pretend that the government can be everywhere and know everything while still allowing us to be "free".

64991[/snapback]

Why Alaska Dimwit, I'm flattered that you think the Bushies would go to such an extent to cover their asses for failing to anticipate, address, prepare for, or deal with terrorism. The skittle colored "warning system" just doesn't cut it. When I was in high school we criticized a classmate (offensive line) for "look out" blocks. When a defensive lineman rushed by him he'd yell "look out." As bills fans might notice that kind of lineman isn't very offensive. The warning system is Bushie's "lookout block!" <_<

Why Alaska Dimwit, I'm flattered that you think the Bushies would go to such an extent to cover their asses for failing to anticipate, address, prepare for, or deal with terrorism.  The skittle colored "warning system" just doesn't cut it.  When I was in high school we criticized a classmate (offensive line) for "look out" blocks.  When a defensive lineman rushed by him he'd yell "look out."  As bills fans might notice that kind of lineman isn't very offensive.  The warning system is Bushie's "lookout block!" <_<

65019[/snapback]

Tenny ,your taxes are going up with Kerry and the cut off point is between eighty and one hundred thousand dollars and thats from Kerrys man Joe Lockhart, you know mister Global Crossing "i made my money" Kerry is a phony and a liar .I know you and your liberal buddies do not trust Kerry and this campaign is based on blind hatered for Bush.Lets not forget Kerry stabbed you and the rest of the vets in the back when he returned from 'Nam'

I am not a huge Bush fan , but Kerry is a phoney but I suppose you and the rest of the legal types want Kerry and Edwards so lawsuits can run rampant