New radio announcers

I was in my car for the first part of the game yesterday and am looking forward to listening this season to John Murphy and Alex Van Pelt. Van's joy and excitement will be missed. I especially enjoyed listening to the pre-game show. I learned more in listening to this for than an whole week of GR's rants, insults, and opinions. Alex explained why he thought L. Smith was a better fit than Pucillo at left guard because he was 'wider' and had better balance and recovered better when pushed off balance. That is what I want to hear. A plain explanation of why a certain situation fits and in a normal reasonable tone of voice. Not -'oh, he is just terrible, this isn't going to work, .....'.

I am anxious to hear how others feel about the new broadcast team.

Did anyone else's audio of ch. 7 on last night's broadcast seem off? I was having a hard time hearing the guys. There seemed to be a hum in the transmission. When I was turning back to the Olympics that was fine.

Thanks and Go Bills!!

Agree Sister....I really enjoyed listening to Alex in week one. His insights, particularly when JP was playing, were great. Couldn't listen last night but plan on listening to the replay now...Murph is a solid play by play guy--he's accurate with names and plays -- I love Van but this part of his game had started to slip a bit. I too will miss -- "Its Fandemonium" and "He is in for the touchdown" but Murph will be solid.

Are a you sister in the sense of a sibling of your brother or are you a sister in service to God? :huh::w00t:

Not the same Sister Sarah who went to Havana with Sky Masterson???

4059[/snapback]

"If I were a bell I'd be ringing...." :w00t:

Love that show. Only musical I ever directed, or wanted to direct, for that matter. Even if the movie proved once and for all that Marlon Brando couldn't sing.....

"If I were a bell I'd be ringing...."  :w00t:

Love that show. Only musical I ever directed, or wanted to direct, for that matter. Even if the movie proved once and for all that Marlon Brando couldn't sing.....

4076[/snapback]

Hadn't considered the classic musical angle on this moniker....hmmm

Agree Sister....I really enjoyed listening to Alex in week one.  His insights, particularly when JP was playing, were great.  Couldn't listen last night but plan on listening to the replay now...Murph is a solid play by play guy--he's accurate with names and plays -- I love Van but this part of his game had started to slip a bit.  I too will miss -- "Its Fandemonium" and "He is in for the touchdown" but Murph will be solid.

Are a you sister in the sense of a sibling of your brother or are you a sister in service to God?  :huh::w00t:

3953[/snapback]

I have five sisters and once when we were on a trip the head of tour kept saying,' Sarah and her sisters.' One siblings said, ' I feel like we are a bunch of nuns.' So at my school where I work I am known to the fellow teachers as Sister Sarah.

I haven't acted like the other type of sister too much lately.

"If I were a bell I'd be ringing...."  :rolleyes:

4076[/snapback]

I read where there were multiple takes spliced together for the two Brando songs.

Didn't know you directed. I've done theater most of my life, and was THIS close to playing Nathan Detroit, but then got a job offer to move to Florida and had to pass. I loved the language of that show.

Harry the Horse : I just acquired five thousand fish.

Nicely Nicely Johnson : Five thousand? If it can be told, where did you take on this fine bundle of lettuce?

Harry the Horse : I have nothing to hide. I collected the reward on my father.

Benny Southstreet : It is an advantage to have a successful father. Nobody ever wanted my old man for as much as five hundred. :D:D

As for the TV team of Tasker and Levy...

Marv really sounded old. I know he is getting up there in age, but I didn't expect him to sound so shaky and tentative. He still has wise thoughts, but they just don't come out so well anymore.

Regarding the radio team...

Murph is even better than I had hoped. He's right into mid-season form! Van Pelt needs work, to be sure, but his experience makes his color comments interesting. I hope they have a decent producer working with him. If they don't, he might have a long first year. They had Van Miller on in the post-game show and he sounded as old as Marv sounded. Very shaky and unsure of himself, albeit just banter. He's a funny guy to listen to anyhow.

Getting old sucks, though.

Archived