YANKS ARE JUST A GREAT TEAM

I've made some ridiculous statements that's for sure, but you said the Yankees were the greatest team in the history of baseballl?????  They don't even have the BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL!!!!!

63013[/snapback]

You sure do let your mouth issue a lot of checks that your rear (Cardinals) may not be able to cash. If they don't win it all, you're going to be in for rough time for quite a while. Your incessant ranting on the Cards reminds me of those Colts backers from SBIII and the 69 Oriole backers.

Also. you show one glaring flaw over and over. Like them or not, no professional sports team is even close to the Yanks in World Championships. One would need to have had a full frontal lobotomy to refuse to see, accept, and acknowledge this simple fact. History is far more than a team"s 2004 accomplishments.

39 Pennants, 26 World Championships.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure do let your mouth issue a lot of checks that your rear (Cardinals) may not be able to cash. If they don't win it all, you're going to be in for rough time for quite a while. Your incessant ranting on the Cards reminds me of those Colts backers from SBIII and the 69 Oriole backers.

Also. you show one glaring flaw over and over. Like them or not, no professional sports team is even close to the Yanks in World Championships. One would need to have had a full frontal lobotomy to refuse to see, accept, and acknowledge this simple fact. History is far more than a team"s 2004 accomplishments.

39 Pennants, 26 World Championships.

63365[/snapback]

Maybe you hadn't noticed the Montreal Canadiens????

Look at the four major sports though and the team with the most titles.

NBA- Boston and LA

NFL- San Francisco and Dallas

MLB- The Yankees

NHL- Montreal

Notice one thing about those teams???? There isn't a small market among them. If you wanted to say Green Bay (which I won't since no one really counts anything before the Super Bowl anymore.) then that would be one.

The fact is, these teams can bring in free agents almost at will because of the media market and their past history. Teams like Buffalo in the NFL don't have that going for them.

Baseball has always encouraged the reckless spending of the NY Yankees. You had the bonus babies in the '40's and '50's and now you have this mess right now.

Do the Yankees play within the rules??? Yes. Does anyone outside of NY like the rules??? No.

I think the Montreal Canadiens are the greatest franchise in sports. Not the Yankees.

Also. you show one glaring flaw over and over. Like them or not, no professional sports team is even close to the Yanks in World Championships.

63365[/snapback]

This is why THE Yankees are the most loved and hated franchise in sports. People who admire success love the Yankees and pattern their life after them. People who hate the Yankees like playing underdog and seek hope at every turn.

Does anyone outside of NY like the rules???  No.

63374[/snapback]

You're wrong. I don't live in NY and I love the Yankees. I admire their success and their owner's committment to win. It's the intense love/hate for the Yankees that helps make the baseball playoffs exciting. One can't say that for the NFL anymore where medicority reigns. The only thing good about the Super Bowl is the parties.

NBA- Boston and LA

MLB- The Yankees

NHL- Montreal

Notice one thing about those teams????  There isn't a small market among them.  If you wanted to say Green Bay (which I won't since no one really counts anything before the Super Bowl anymore.) then that would be one.

The fact is, these teams can bring in free agents almost at will because of the media market and their past history.  Teams like Buffalo in the NFL don't have that going for them.

Baseball has always encouraged the reckless spending of the NY Yankees.  You had the bonus babies in the '40's and '50's and now you have this mess right now.

Do the Yankees play within the rules???  Yes.  Does anyone outside of NY like the rules???  No.

I think the Montreal Canadiens are the greatest franchise in sports.  Not the Yankees.

63374[/snapback]

Listen BF, I'm going to try and help you out here. Your posts during the season were good for a chuckle, but over the last week you have gone completely off the deep end. This can only lead to one of two conclusions.

A.) You are totally pathetic and incapable of sound thought and reason.

B.) You are acting like an ass on purpose. This means that you are posting for no other reason than to inflame others. This makes you a troll on your own teams board.

Just enjoy the playoffs and stop acting like an ass if you can find it within yourself.

NBA- Boston and LA

MLB- The Yankees

NHL- Montreal

Notice one thing about those teams????  There isn't a small market among them.  If you wanted to say Green Bay (which I won't since no one really counts anything before the Super Bowl anymore.) then that would be one.

The fact is, these teams can bring in free agents almost at will because of the media market and their past history.  Teams like Buffalo in the NFL don't have that going for them.

Baseball has always encouraged the reckless spending of the NY Yankees.  You had the bonus babies in the '40's and '50's and now you have this mess right now.

Do the Yankees play within the rules???  Yes.  Does anyone outside of NY like the rules???  No.

I think the Montreal Canadiens are the greatest franchise in sports.  Not the Yankees.

63374[/snapback]

Sorry, but I must ask......was that lobotomy painfull?

I don't see anything about that post that was designed to inflame someone.

What was inflaming about it???

As for the guy that said he lives outside NY and likes the Yankees. That isn't what I said, I said the people outside NY don't like the RULES. I clearly stated that the Yankees play within those rules.

You're wrong.  I don't live in NY and I love the Yankees.  I admire their success and their owner's committment to win.  It's the intense love/hate for the Yankees that helps make the baseball playoffs exciting.  One can't say that for the NFL anymore where medicority reigns.  The only thing good about the Super Bowl is the parties.

63379[/snapback]

you're what is called a "bandwagon" fan. You're a Yankee fan because they won in the late 90's.

I'm guessing youre a LAkers fan too.

Pathetic.

NBA- Boston and LA

MLB- The Yankees

NHL- Montreal

63374[/snapback]

Hockey is NOT a major sport. :D

Hockey is NOT a major sport. :D

63411[/snapback]

I wanted to say that, but I didn't as there are many Hockey fans here that I didn't wish to inflame. The NHL, owners and players, have all combined to make themselves insignificant in this fans eyes. Shame too as it could be great.

I wanted to say that, but I didn't as there are many Hockey fans here that I didn't wish to inflame.  The NHL, owners and players, have all combined to make themselves insignificant in this fans eyes. Shame too as it could be great.

63424[/snapback]

I used to be a Sabres fan,

but I stopped watching when they broke up the French Connection,

and then I went away to college,

no hockey to be seen in Indiana back then.

I've tried to watch again over the years,

but I can't take it seriously.

The NHL really blew it. too bad. :D

Listen BF, I'm going to try and help you out here.  Your posts during the season were good for a chuckle, but over the last week you have gone completely off the deep end.  This can only lead to one of two conclusions.

A.) You are totally pathetic and incapable of sound thought and reason.

B.)  You are acting like an ass on purpose.  This means that you are posting for no other reason than to inflame others.  This makes you a troll on your own teams board.

Just enjoy the playoffs and stop acting like an ass if you can find it within yourself.

63385[/snapback]

I post to be a ass every chance I get! I get nothing but a kick out of the people on this board. Aside 5-6 people, there are just a huge collection of fat retards who have nothing in life but this board. I look at the tailgate party pics and just laugh my ass off at the physical state of some of these people. We have the tuff guys, the know-it-alls (tons of them!!!), and the loser crowd in here that just bring this board down. Ill be at a couple of games over the next 4 years as I enjoy my shore duty. I plan on a few face to faces with a couple of people in here to see what kind of men they really are! If they can get off their big asses to do so.... Till then, ill post what the hell I want and you all can reply with what you want. Ill give you the chance in the near future to say what you want when im looking down at you.

Not a crack at you BillsFanNC or BF, you guys contribute tons to this board and I enjoy our baseball talks. But we have that percentage (35-50) who like to try chopping at you with every comment or post you make...

Aside 5-6 people, there are just a huge collection of fat retards who have nothing in life but this board.  I look at the tailgate party pics and just laugh my ass off at the physical state of some of these people. 

63472[/snapback]

:D:(:D

i would surely make those comments to your face! what are you gonna do punch me? let me guess , your gonna vote for Dubya

What kind of fan am I?  Huge!  You like the state of baseball Mike?  Where you see 4-5 teams with all the top players?  I love the Yanks but Id love to see a cap also man.  Its sad now, real sad that I go to my wifes parents home and take my daughter to a Pirates game and I park right next to the statium and sit anywhere I want because there are only a couple thousand fans in park.  Yanks and Boston are the only thing the MLB has right now.  Kind of like the NHL and the state their in.....   

As far as a bandwagon, please man, pick a part of my ass and kiss it.  I finally hit shore duty this summer.  So ill be at a few games, I cant wait to finally meet some of you.  Make those comments face to face with me and Ill call you a man.  Till then, you drink my bathwater....

63054[/snapback]