Drew is done

zow2

Bledsoe is not a winner anymore. I don't know how many times that has to be hammered into the heads of Bills Nation? It's over for him. I know for darn sure that Mike Mularkey is not going to have his head coaching legacy be destroyed by a QB that can't make plays under pressure. How many times do we have to watch Drew fail to lead the 4th Qtr comeback?!? He is the king of failed 4th Qtr comebacks period! I will not start judging Mularkey until Drew is replaced. We hear the spin doctors here talk about how Drew is still good....that the problem is with the line, the WR's. the RB's , the coaching, etc... That's garbage. I'm listening to an Arizona Cardinals coach talk about Josh McCown last week. He went on to say the kid is going to be good because he can make plays when things break down. He said a QB in the NFL has to be able to make plays when things go bad because things "go bad" on about 50% of the pass plays. That's just one example of how many NFL coaches think, not just Arizona's. You make plays either with your legs...or in the case of Brady and Manning,,,your uncanny ability to feel pressure and know exactly where the open guy is (and have the touch and accuracy to get it there!). Drew has none of these qualities. I can't wait for JP to get in there and take his rookie lumps so he can be more prepared for the opening of 2005.

Some of your other points may be valid, but this?

How many times do we have to watch Drew fail to lead the 4th Qtr comeback?!? He is the king of failed 4th Qtr comebacks period!

62696[/snapback]

Simply incorrect.

Bledsoe has led his team to victory after trailing in the fourth quarter 18 times in the past 10 seasons -- tied with Denver's Jake Plummer for the most such wins.

The top five "comeback QBs" since 1995 (starters whose teams trailed at any point in fourth quarter):

Quarterback - Teams (1995-present) - Comeback Wins

Drew Bledsoe - New England, Buffalo - 18

Jake Plummer - Arizona, Denver - 18

Peyton Manning - Indianapolis - 17

Vinny Testaverde - Cleveland, Baltimore, NY Jets, Dallas - 17

Kerry Collins - Carolina, New Orleans, NY Giants, Oakland - 15

NFL.com - Top QBs rise when going gets tough

You're right. Your point has been overstated on this board and in the media, but yeah, drew is done. Whatever happened to him during his first season here, i do not know. He's put up great stats throughout his career, but just could never close the deal. When age caught up to him these past seasons, his play went down horribly.

It can't be stated enough that drew IS THE QUARTERBACK OF THE PRESENT. He may be terrible, but he's still the franchise QB. He's going to be in on ever single play against the jets, and future games. JP is injured. When he's ready, and if drew doesn't make the 180 degree turn, he'll be the QB. So we're stuck with drew, his dumfounded look, and his 1987 facemask till Loseman is ready.

Some of your other points may be valid, but this?

Simply incorrect.

62705[/snapback]

Bledsoe has led his team to victory after trailing in the fourth quarter 18 times in the past 10 seasons -- tied with Denver's Jake Plummer for the most such wins.

The top five "comeback QBs" since 1995 (starters whose teams trailed at any point in fourth quarter):

Quarterback - Teams (1995-present) - Comeback Wins

Drew Bledsoe - New England, Buffalo - 18

Jake Plummer - Arizona, Denver - 18

Peyton Manning - Indianapolis - 17

Vinny Testaverde - Cleveland, Baltimore, NY Jets, Dallas - 17

Kerry Collins - Carolina, New Orleans, NY Giants, Oakland - 15

NFL.com - Top QBs rise when going gets tough

Lori, you just beat me to it. Great post.

How many with the Bills besides Vikings in 2002.

62720[/snapback]

Houston 2002 (down 24-17, two 4th-quarter TD passes, final score 31-24)

Cincinnati 2003 (drove to tying FG at the end of regulation, 57-yd drive to winning TD in OT, final score 22-16)

Hey, I'm not going to try to convince anyone that Drew is still at the top of his game. I don't think anyone here believes that. The statement about comebacks, though, was factually incorrect.

3 out of 18....awesome.

And how many has Drew pissed away in the 4th quarter?  Besides the one last week?

:(  <_<

62783[/snapback]

You know I have never seen you post a positive thought. If I see your name I know there is going to be moaning involved. Is your whole life like this or just your relationship with the Bills?

Guest BUFFALO SMELLS

im willing to bet that drew had the most opportunities to rack up a 4th quarter come from behind victory because his team(s) always seems like its trailing when the 4th quarter comes. but more times then not,he does NOT pull it out in the fourth quarter.

3 out of 18....awesome.

And how many has Drew pissed away in the 4th quarter?  Besides the one last week?

:(  <_<

62783[/snapback]

I wasn't aware Bledsoe was covering Daniel Graham on the Pats' go-ahead TD. (Although he probably would've gotten beat in coverage...)

Hmmm. Fourth-quarter come-from-ahead losses.

2002 - Jets, 31-37 (OT). 24-20 after 3. Jets score twice to go up 31-24. Bledsoe TD to Moulds with 0:26 left sends game to OT; Morton KR wins it for Jets.

Raiders, 31-49. 31-28 after 3. 69-yd Gannon-to-Garner TD put the Raiders ahead; they tacked on two more TDs after that (one on an 81-yd INT return).

Chiefs, 16-17. 16-10 after 3. 78-yard TD drive put Chiefs up 17-16 with 5:23 left; Bledsoe INT; Chiefs ran out clock.

2003 - Colts, 14-17: Colts scored to go ahead with 1:38 left. Bledsoe INT at 0:40.

Titans, 26-28: up 17-14 after 3, before two Titans TDs sandwiched around a Lindell FG makes it 28-20. Bledsoe TD to Campbell with 0:24 left; Bobby Shaw drops tying 2-pt conversion trying to show the ball to the ref.

2004 - Jacksonville, 10-13: leading 10-6 when the offense left the field for the last time.

Just depends on how many of those you want to blame on Bledsoe, or on the defense's inability to hold a lead, or on the refs. (Several questionable calls in those games, according to the media-guide writeups.)

I could find no instance in which a Bledsoe 4th-quarter turnover led to a game-winning drive (or score) for the other team.

I wasn't aware Bledsoe was covering Daniel Graham on the Pats' go-ahead TD. (Although he probably would've gotten beat in coverage...)

2002 - Jets, 31-37 (OT). 24-20 after 3. Jets score twice to go up 31-24. Bledsoe TD to Moulds with 0:26 left sends game to OT; Morton KR wins it for Jets.

Raiders, 31-49. 31-28 after 3. 69-yd Gannon-to-Garner TD put the Raiders ahead; they tacked on two more TDs after that (one on an 81-yd INT return).

Chiefs, 16-17. 16-10 after 3. 78-yard TD drive put Chiefs up 17-16 with 5:23 left; Bledsoe INT; Chiefs ran out clock.

2003 - Colts, 14-17: Colts scored to go ahead with 1:38 left. Bledsoe INT at 0:40.

Titans, 26-28: up 17-14 after 3, before two Titans TDs sandwiched around a Lindell FG makes it 28-20. Bledsoe TD to Campbell with 0:24 left; Bobby Shaw drops tying 2-pt conversion trying to show the ball to the ref.

2004 - Jacksonville, 10-13: leading 10-6 when the offense left the field for the last time.

Just depends on how many of those you want to blame on Bledsoe, or on the defense's inability to hold a lead, or on the refs. (Several questionable calls in those games, according to the media-guide writeups.)

I could find no instance in which a Bledsoe 4th-quarter turnover led to a game-winning drive (or score) for the other team.

62801[/snapback]

Get 'em Lori. Get 'em! <_<

I'm too tired to argue but ok, here we go. QB's get credit for late game comebacks even when they don't necessarily deserve it. Other guys make plays too. Elway no doubt had plenty of help in his heyday. That being said, QB's also take the fall when they are unable to mount a comeback late in the game even when some stuff is out of their control. I expect better out of a vetran QB. These games were lost when Drew had the ball at the end. I won't even list all the games that the Bills lost just because of plain old inept offense (in which Drew was a major contributor).

New England - loss 31-17 no 4th qtr comeback. TD to tie results in a 14 point loss.

@ Oakland- loss 13-10 no 4th qtr comeback- no offense period. Drew was off target much of the day. late TD too little too late

Indianapolis - loss 17-14 Captain comeback Drew throws int on the Indy 40 with over a minute to go.

@ Dallas- loss 10-6 Bills had the ball late two times....no 4th qtr comeback. Drew loses two fumbles, sacked several times.

Houston- loss 12-10 Drew had chances late. terrible game. No 4th qtr comeback AGAIN! outdone by journeyman QB Tony Banks after Carr got hurt.

@ Green Bay -loss 10-0 had to throw this one in since Drew had a miserable game (3 int's and 4 fumbles-2 lost). two of his turnovers deep in GB territory when the BIlls could have taken the lead.

@ Kansas City- loss 17-16 last drive of the game results in an interception thrown by Drew. no 4th qtr comeback.

I'll place the blame on Bledsoe for leading an offense that has a 10 point output quota per week. Now, I'm going to be gracious and grant the Bills 13 points tomorrow, but it will still be a loss. Bledsoe is part and parcel of a team that has no idea how to win a game. He isn't solely to blame, but he can't be blameless for directing an offense that simply cannot reach 20 points in a game. That trend will continue tomorrow.

:(<_<

62801[/snapback]

Houston 2002 (down 24-17, two 4th-quarter TD passes, final score 31-24)

Cincinnati 2003 (drove to tying FG at the end of regulation, 57-yd drive to winning TD in OT, final score 22-16)

Hey, I'm not going to try to convince anyone that Drew is still at the top of his game. I don't think anyone here believes that. The statement about comebacks, though, was factually incorrect.

62730[/snapback]

I'm interested in how many times he DID NOT lead a team back in the last two years. That is a true measure of his resilieancy. Answer....just about every loss.

You know I have never seen you post a positive thought.  If I see your name I know there is going to be moaning involved.  Is your whole life like this or just your relationship with the Bills?

62786[/snapback]

There is nothing positive of note on this team. Talent on paper supposedly exists, but cannot be applied to the game itself. This is a franchise that is making it a tradition out of hiring new apprentices for head coaches. This is a franchise that employs an email retrieving hack from ESPN as its general manager. This is a franchise that traded away a #1 draft choice for a quarterback who has accomplished very little and whose performances become more ghastly as the seasons wear on. This is a franchise that thinks an offensive line coaching guru can whip into shape a lousy group of untalented blockers and create a cohesive unit. This is a franchise that has a hard time finding not even a dominant pass rusher, but a consistent one. This is a franchise that no longer makes hay on draft day. This is a team that is bound to finish about 5-11. Where is the improvement?

Chalkie Chalkie you need some positive thoughts , did you ever stop to think that because you have no positive thoughts you are the reason that the BILLS are in this slump <_<  :( as per dr. phil

62865[/snapback]

It's prolly cause the last game I went to was the Detroit game in 2002. The team was 5-3, the high point of the Drew Bledsoe era. Since then, this team has been sliding downhill faster than LIQUID HOT MAGMAHH traveling down the various orifices of Mt. St. Helens.

:lol: