Anybody need some Lumber????

Perhaps the lies are Kerry's?

Our investments in stocks, holdings in trusts, etc, will be handled under capital gains/loses and in other ways that DO NOT require filing as a business (small or otherwise.)  My DBA pays taxes for 1099 wages, my capital gains/loses, etc are handled differently.  If GW were to get 1099 salary from a business interest as part of his small business then he most likely would be filing as a (small) business -  but this is not possible as President of the US.  Rules would require his investments to be placed in a blind trust.  What does this mean?  It is more then likely that GW would not be considered a small business.

I am not an expert on all matters pertaining to this subject, but as an independant consultant with a DBA, I am more then familiar with the tax implications of running a small business.  If there are accountants out there that have more specific knowledge about handling taxes for a trust then I am certainly open to being wrong on this issue.  Until then, I beleive Kerry was doing nothing more then waving a big, fat and stinky red herring in the faces of the voting public. 

Even if GW were to be classified as such, however, Kerry is still misleading you and everyone else on the matter.  $200k for a small business is nothing when deducting overhead etc.  There are a whole lot of people operating this way, and GWs numbers actually sound about right.

63452[/snapback]

The press has already vetted this, Kerry was right. This is really kind of a silly debate. The issue should be whether Kerry is right as far as the number of small businesses effected by his plan. The Wall Street Journal, not exactly a pro-left rag, sided with Kerry on this. There is plenty to legitimately complain about when it comes to both candidates. I don't know why they each seem to think it is necessary to inflate and exagerate so much.

Well, it came out today that the holding company J F'n K mentioned is Bush's blind trust. They bought into that lumber company TWO YEARS after Bush got that $86.

Kerry is wrong again.

"Want some wood?"

Well, it came out today that the holding company J F'n K mentioned is Bush's blind trust. They bought into  that lumber company TWO YEARS after Bush got that $86.

Kerry is wrong again.

"Want some wood?"

65258[/snapback]

Cool. You just proved that you believe that Bush was responsible for the wrong intelligence on the WMD. Kerry took the information from factcheck.org, which made the mistake, which comes from the Annenberg Public Policy Center. And it didn't come out today, I heard it on Saturday. And was $84. Get your facts straight. <_<