The final question of the Debate

It was a fair question because the lady in the red dress (I believe it was red) asked the same question and Bush didn't come close to answering it. It was a fair question because Bush had earlier bullied the moderator, Gibson, and simply ignored him when Gibson was trying to do his job. That little segment was a microcosm of this whole election and administration. Bush just simply ignored what was right, and did whatever he wanted, steamrolling over the person with the moral and legal standing, the moderator. He used his force because he could, and he acted like a streetyard bully. Republicans and Bush supporters found this to be awesome, and tough, and needed to be done and said. Democrats and Kerry supporters thought this was classic crap, ignoring the facts and protocol and right thing to do right in front of you and just shoving your way into places you shouldnt be.

65051[/snapback]

Excuse me, but did you forget to take your neds this morning?

Are you really making the point that charlie asked that question to kind of "even the score"? How stupid is that statement.

The truth is the question was selected well before the start of the debate. It was choosen because charlie is biased. It was placed at the end of the debate because he wanted to make the president look bad, and give kerry one last low shot at GWB as the debate ended, so it would leave a lasting impression. It was weak, and it was coordinated. What it was not, was a get ven shot fired by charlie because he thought that GWB was mean.

man you need to get a grip! <_<

Every election where there is an incumbent is, for the most part, a referendum on the incumbent's first four years. Hence a question about Bush's handling of his first term and mistakes made in that term is perfectly fair. Bush could have said there were mistakes but in his opinion they were offset by major accomplishments, or even could have said that there weren't any mistakes (both outrageously false statements, but better than whatever it was he said). Kerry maintains he was a very bad president and backed it up. Sounds fair to me. What mistakes were made in the previous administration and what are you going to do to avoid making them in the future. Bush says none and you are going to get more of the same. Kerry says plenty and I'll do my best to avoid them in my term.

Bush says none and you are going to get more of the same.

Wrong, Bush clearly said he had made several mistakes in making appointments and that he wasn't going to embarass those people by making their names public. He also said that other issues that he is accused of making mistakes would require the judgement of history to accurately assess. The question wasn't what are the three biggest mistakes, it was just to cite any three mistakes. He did.

Excuse me, but did you forget to take your neds this morning?

Are you really making the point that charlie asked that question to kind of "even the score"? How stupid is that statement.

The truth is the question was selected well before the start of the debate. It was choosen because charlie is biased. It was placed at the end of the debate because he wanted to make the president look bad, and give kerry one last low shot at GWB as the debate ended, so it would leave a lasting impression. It was weak, and it was coordinated. What it was not, was a get ven shot fired by charlie because he thought that GWB was mean.

man you need to get a grip!  <_<

65062[/snapback]

No, all my neds for the day have been taken thank you. And thanks also for clearing up what exactly went through Charlie Gibson's mind and thought process. Unfortunately, I don't get Fox News because I can't afford cable, as too many people steal it and because of that lawlessness, the rates are outrageous. So I wouldn't really know exactly what is going on. But thanks to you, I do now.

Wrong, Bush clearly said he had made several mistakes in making appointments and that he wasn't going to embarass those people by making their names public.  He also said that other issues that he is accused of making mistakes would require the judgement of history to accurately assess.  The question wasn't what are the three biggest mistakes, it was just to cite any three mistakes.  He did.

65140[/snapback]

Man you cannot expect someone like tenny to understand an answer like that can you. I mean come on, that would require actually thinking about the subject.

He cannot even admit that it was a backhanded slap at GWB, that required nothing from kerry other then to bash bush at the end of the debate. That was an intellectually dishonest cheap shot, and tenny cannot see it because of course he is also intellectually dishonest.

No, all my neds for the day have been taken thank you. And thanks also for clearing up what exactly went through Charlie Gibson's mind and thought process. Unfortunately, I don't get Fox News because I can't afford cable, as too many people steal it and because of that lawlessness, the rates are outrageous. So I wouldn't really know exactly what is going on. But thanks to you, I do now.

65171[/snapback]

Umm excuse me assclown, I do not steal cable. Maybe you should try to get your slanderous statements clear before you make a fool of yourself.

Just a suggestion, maybe you should spend less on crack and whores and use that money for some night classes. Maybe in a few years you could earn your GED….if you work really hard. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Umm excuse me assclown, I do not steal cable. Maybe you should try to get your slanderous statements clear before you make a fool of yourself.

Just a suggestion, maybe you should spend less on crack and whores and use that money for some night classes. Maybe in a few years you could earn your GED….if you work really hard.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

66066[/snapback]

My mistake. I was wrong. When I am wrong I can admit a mistake, and for that I am deeply sorry. You do not steal cable and I never should have said you steal cable. It's satellite TV that you steal, right? Well, I suppose it's not really stealing as you have told us, it's just not paying for the signal that comes into your house and the images that you see on your screen.

With all due respect...are you kidding me?????

Look I understand that you are a kerry supporter and I respect that. But if you think that kerry, or anyone was going to simply spew some negitives about himself just because he thought it was the right thing to do, then you must b froma different planet. Please tell me when was the last time this happened? Please don't hurt yourself trying to come up with an answer....there is not one.

How could you say this was a good or fair question? It simply was LOADED and totally one sided. I went back and looked at the transcript and every other question required an answer from both sides. This one was a one sided only question. It allowed for a wide open oppertuntiy for kerry to ponce on the president. Regardless of how the president answered it. And the fact that charlie left this question for last, totaly exposed his bias, because he clearly wanted to leave the ignorant viewer with the impression that president Bush will not admit any mistakes. Again, this was a totally ignorant question that should have never been included.

I have no doubt that whe kerry heard that question, he more then likely wet hinself with joy. He must have thought that he was dreaming.

63298[/snapback]

When I saw that question asked what came to my mind was....

"Kerry talks about what he WOULD do based on what has worked and not worked for the President"

"Meanwhile...the President had the guts to really truly take on the war on terrorism.....SOMETHING NEVER DONE......knowing full well that since it had not been done before there were going to be positives and mistakes.....

Kerry has it easy......he can sit there and talk about what has gone wrong for the president....BUT HE NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD THE BALLS TO DO IT HIMSELF EVEN IF IT WAS IN THE NATIONS BEST INTERESTS.....

It was a fair question because the lady in the red dress (I believe it was red) asked the same question and Bush didn't come close to answering it. It was a fair question because Bush had earlier bullied the moderator, Gibson, and simply ignored him when Gibson was trying to do his job. That little segment was a microcosm of this whole election and administration. Bush just simply ignored what was right, and did whatever he wanted, steamrolling over the person with the moral and legal standing, the moderator. He used his force because he could, and he acted like a streetyard bully. Republicans and Bush supporters found this to be awesome, and tough, and needed to be done and said. Democrats and Kerry supporters thought this was classic crap, ignoring the facts and protocol and right thing to do right in front of you and just shoving your way into places you shouldnt be.

65051[/snapback]

I find it interesting that you consider the moderator to be bullyed......do you think that Kerry was out of line when he was in the Presidents personal space trying illicite a reaction from him......

I find that rather humorous.....how is one ok and one not?

I find it interesting that you consider the moderator to be bullyed......do you think that Kerry was out of line when he was in the Presidents personal space trying illicite a reaction from him......

I find that rather humorous.....how is one ok and one not?

66087[/snapback]

I find the moderator was bullied because twice in a row Gibson simply tried to do his job, under the authority granted to him by Bush and Kerry and the commission, and asked GW politely to go on, which is his jurisdiction, and GW just totally ignored him and blew him off, and just started ranting about whatever the hell he wanted to. That is being bullied. Kerry did nothing of the sort.

I find the moderator was bullied because twice in a row Gibson simply tried to do his job, under the authority granted to him by Bush and Kerry and the commission, and asked GW politely to go on, which is his jurisdiction, and GW just totally ignored him and blew him off, and just started ranting about whatever the hell he wanted to. That is being bullied. Kerry did nothing of the sort.

66138[/snapback]

The way you described it, it sounds more like being ignored than bullied.

The way you described it, it sounds more like being ignored than bullied.

66147[/snapback]

It was both. The physicality and the raising of the voice and the walking toward Gibson and the inflection was the bullying part. The ignoring part was the two times that Gibson said he wanted to extend the conversation on to the reservists and Bush just ignored him.

My mistake. I was wrong. When I am wrong I can admit a mistake, and for that I am deeply sorry. You do not steal cable and I never should have said you steal cable. It's satellite TV that you steal, right? Well, I suppose it's not really stealing as you have told us, it's just not paying for the signal that comes into your house and the images that you see on your screen.

66078[/snapback]

Thank you for correcting yourself. With me accuracy is everything.

I accept your admission. :)

Thank you for correcting yourself. With me accuracy is everything.

I accept your admission. :)

66234[/snapback]

Please try harder to be factually correct. Mine was not an admission. It was a correction of you. There is a big difference.

Overall I think that charlie gibson did a decent job with the handling of the debate. I am in general a charlie gibson fan. i understand that the questions cam from the 140 guests, and that charlie reviewed each of them and then decided which ones would be asked....and when. This is what leads to me the problem that I have with his final question.

The question read:

"President Bush, during the last four years, you have made thousands of decisions that have affected millions of lives. Please give three instances in which you came to realize you had made a wrong decision, and what you did to correct it. Thank you"

Now anyone looking at this question and is the least bit honest has to admit that this is a one sided question. It is asked ONLY to the president, and does not even include kerry or his record. Therefore it was intended to put the president on the spot, and leave the door wide open for kerry to continue his rhetoric and slandor against the president. kerry had no danger in this questions AT ALL!!!

How could a question like this be asked??? Especially as the final question before closing statements? This was wrong, and I think it clearly showed the bias that charlie and ABC has towards the left.

I was very disappointed......any comments?

62672[/snapback]

You have got to be joking. There is no way that any person capable of rational thought would come to the conclusion that this is a conspiracy. Keep spinning Einstein. Maybe one of these days you will actually stumble across a coherent thought, instead of your conspiracy theories. You are just as bad as tennesseeboy, blzrul, and Captain America. All four of you are idiots.

Please try harder to be factually correct. Mine was not an admission. It was a correction of you. There is a big difference.

66452[/snapback]

Whether you steal cable TV or you steal satellite TV, it is still the same sin and crime. I forgot that you steal satellite and mistakenly said you steal cable.

As a citizen I would WANT a critique of the past administration. An analysis by the incumbent, and a statement by the challenger. I think it might not have been fair to phrase it as "mistakes you made" as opposed to "mistakes made the administration". Bush answered it honestly. He doesn't think any mistakes were made and you should in fact vote for him if you believe that. Kerry thinks mistakes were (the war in Iraq, the war on terrorism and the economy) No big deal.