post seeason

tombstone56

as usual everyone has there favorite college player,, but as as wise man once said" you get impact help in free agency , you build with the draft"

off season my way would be to pursue lance briggs,,lb.. bears..... we need tall, mr good hands receiver ,, lance borigter works for me..... o line we need help now ,,steinbach., holland,, dielman ,, could help//

the draft,,,, we need a dominant te badly ...... o line help,, d tackle still!!! .......

id loook at the idaho kid at tight end texas tech rameriez ,for the line and willis or long in the 1st,,

imagine willis briggs and crowell or a healthy tko as our lbs...

last yrs the personel dept played it safe but our pro dept ..ie "john guy" did his usual incompetent job in free agency ,,,,, ,,my wish last yr was dt ma'ake kemoeatu then hit the draft for haloti ngata ,, try to run on that pair of dt's ,, if our pro personel guys had done anything we could ve had veteran help at safety ,( quarles,, jackson,, hope ) ,there was a unpresedented number of vet safety help last yr... so we could ve filled the spot prior to the draft alllowing us to get the d tackle help we obviously still need .. whew long vent

Whoa dude, a little clustered there? Check it out: If we wanna shore up the LB's, go after Briggs or June, and if Fletch leaves move Spikes to the middle. As for TE's, go for Daniel Graham or Eric Johnson ( I favor Graham cause he's used to this weather and is a outstanding blocker ). You are on track with going after one of those 3 guards, also add Vince Manuwie to the list though. If possible, dump Anderson for Ian Scott of da Bears to strengthen th DT rotation a little. Last but not least: RESIGN CLEMENTS AND KELSAY BEFORE THE SEASON EVEN ENDS and try to resign Fletch as well so we can focus on other areas for now. We'll be alright with him for another 3 years or so plus don't underestimate his knowledge of the game and how he gets the entire D on the same page. Let the draft come to us after that. :w00t:

The important thing for FA is to prioritize, depending on what we think will be available to us both in FA and in the draft.

My guess is that these coaches think LB is probably not an area of immediate need. Crowell is doing well and will come back fine from this injury; Fletch will likely be re-signed, and I'm betting that they give Spikes another year to work back from his injury. Given that, I doubt they're looking at a big name in FA. This is the type of situation to draft a good young LB and bring him along.

I'm also betting that TE is not a position for a big name FA. I think Fairchild's comments in today's Buff News reveal a lot. I think they have a lot of confidence in Royal (and even Reed), but the problem is that we are just unable to advance the offensive system fast enough this year to really get him involved (due to the development of JP and the line). We still don't know what we have in Everett, although I can't tell if this staff is interested in finding out.

I'm betting we focus first and foremost on re-signing our free agents, and then look to shore up the positions that really need it if players are available: guard; right tackle depending on how much faith the staff has in Pennington; and the DT spot next to Triplett.

I agree Rubes. First and foremost we need to resign our own. All of em'. We can let Villarial go, He's just too old and busted now, then do what we can in free agency. I'd do whatever possible to get Steinbach or Manuwei at guard and Ian Scott at DT. If we could land 2 of those 3, I could care less whoelse we sign. My darkhorse is Leanard Davis to play RT or RG.

I agree Rubes. First and foremost we need to resign our own. All of em'. We can let Villarial go, He's just too old and busted now, then do what we can in free agency. I'd do whatever possible to get Steinbach or Manuwei at guard and Ian Scott at DT. If we could land 2 of those 3, I could care less whoelse we sign. My darkhorse is Leanard Davis to play RT or RG.

859661[/snapback]

Why Ian Scott?

859661[/snapback]

I love the spirit of this post, but I disagree in 2 ways....

1) I don't want "all of 'em." Gandy should walk. Yeah, he could be an OK sub, but he still pretty much sucks. I would rather see Merz as a backup guard, and there is no reason why we couldn't draft a better OT than Gandy.

2) Bad vibes here on Davis. He is a career long underachiever, and he is fat. Too many ugly memories of Mike Williams come to mind. :)

859661[/snapback]

Villarial may well go, but I hope they wait until they have some confidence in the replacement. See Reuben Brown...

Davis is an underachiever at tackle Bill. At RG as a rookie he played at a Pro Bowl level. As for the all of em' remark, I forgot about Gandy, although I'd resign him if we fail at landing someone better. I definitely try and keep Clements, Kelsay, and Fletch. I hope we can find a solid RT in the draft as well, as there are no tackles at all in free agency, what a surprise!