BCS Rankings for NFL

bartshan-83

I don't know how long they have done this, but ESPN has made a Super Bowl Championship Series Standings. They take power ranking polls and use them like the human polls in the BCS and then use a bunch of computer rankings.

It is actually pretty cool...interesting to see where everyone ranks the teams.

Bills check in at 21, but what's more interesting is that we average 15 in the computer polls and one has us at 11th.

SBCSS

funny how the computer polls have us consistently better than the dolphins while the people polls have the dolphin fudge factor :bag:  :doh:  built in: people say they are gpoing to be good so they must be good :lol:  :P

858605[/snapback]

Thats because Saban has been campaigning to the voters

:doh:

funny how the computer polls have us consistently better than the dolphins while the people polls have the dolphin fudge factor :bag:  :doh:  built in: people say they are gpoing to be good so they must be good :lol:  :P

858605[/snapback]

Saban is best coach of the NFL Period...... :doh:

I don't know how long they have done this, but ESPN has made a Super Bowl Championship Series Standings.  They take power ranking polls and use them like the human polls in the BCS and then use a bunch of computer rankings.

It is actually pretty cool...interesting to see where everyone ranks the teams.

Bills check in at 21, but what's more interesting is that we average 15 in the computer polls and one has us at 11th.

SBCSS

858354[/snapback]

Does this mean we get the papajohns.com bowl bid? :doh:

We all know if there were real humans voting then the Pats would be #1 and the Phins would be #2 regardless of record.

858702[/snapback]

That would be only if they were ranking the AFC East.....If they included the entire NFL I don't think the fish or the pats can hold a candle to their darling team, the Dallas Cowboys.

funny how the computer polls have us consistently better than the dolphins while the people polls have the dolphin fudge factor :worthy:  :)  built in: people say they are gpoing to be good so they must be good :)  ;)

858605[/snapback]

Am I missing something, or weren't the Dolphins ranked one spot ahead of us in that BCS link?

Am I missing something, or weren't the Dolphins ranked one spot ahead of us in that BCS link?

858830[/snapback]

Yeah, overall they were, but in the computer portion (the second table...Sagarin ratings, etc.) they were ranked below us in 5 of 6. The Bills were actually the only team that was ranked so much higher by the "computers" than the human polls (ESPN, Pro Football Weekly)