Cheers to Bad Bowl Games!

agilen

Wow, the BCS really crapped the bed here. Its pretty clear that college football is a popularity contest, and nothing else.

The funny thing is, the Rose Bowl is going to be far and away the most entertaining of the 5 BCS games. Florida doesn't stand a chance against Ohio State. Yes, Michigan got totally snubbed, but the Rose Bowl is still big for them.

But ND in a BCS bowl? WHAT? If LSU isn't favored by 21 points in that game, then I'll bet on it. I know some of you on here are ND fans, but honestly, do they have a prayer in this game based on past performance in big games this year?

Wow, the BCS really crapped the bed here.  Its pretty clear that college football is a popularity contest, and nothing else.

The funny thing is, the Rose Bowl is going to be far and away the most entertaining of the 5 BCS games.  Florida doesn't stand a chance against Ohio State.  Yes, Michigan got totally snubbed, but the Rose Bowl is still big for them.

But ND in a BCS bowl?  WHAT?  If LSU isn't favored by 21 points in that game, then I'll bet on it.  I know some of you on here are ND fans, but honestly, do they have a prayer in this game based on past performance in big games this year?

856023[/snapback]

^_^0:)

Performances in big games? Which big games exactly did LSU win this year? I can't think of a team in the entire nation whose season mirrors ND's more closely. Both teams are 10-2 and both lost to the only two outstanding teams they played this year. If one of them deserves a BCS game, so does the other.

Friggin USC blew our chances at the Rose Bowl, but they saved me $1500 on flights and hotels.

Will anyone actually watch the Orange Bowl this year? Yikes!

856078[/snapback]

Who knows? Maybe Penn State will get to play for the national title next year. They have a good young nucleus that will continue to get better. It would be nice.

Guess where the title game is next year, Cajun...

:blush:  :D

Performances in big games?  Which big games exactly did LSU win this year?  I can't think of a team in the entire nation whose season mirrors ND's more closely.  Both teams are 10-2 and both lost to the only two outstanding teams they played this year.  If one of them deserves a BCS game, so does the other.

856206[/snapback]

LSU lost by 4 at Auburn, and by 13 at Florida (the supposed #2 team). They also beat Tennesee and Arkansas.

ND got blown out at home by Michigan, and blown out by a USC team that lost to 2 unranked teams.

I suppose there are different ways to look at things, but just watching both teams play, LSU is the real deal, and ND....well, they aren't.

If you're a true product of the Texas school system, then  :blush:  :P  :D

856953[/snapback]

Ed, you obviously do not understand the intarweb.

It was a sarcastic reference to the orly owl series as the logic demonstrated by your post is on the same level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.