Thoughts from the game ... uhm

1. Abbot Road was empty before the game ... a sight I have not seen ... well. ever.

2. Due to #1 parking was great!

3. Supposedly the referee ruled that the ball was tipped on the play that we all thought was pass interference ... I dont remember seeing that, but OK. Yeah. Right. ^_^

4. We got 4 suite tickets for $75 a piece ... the suite was very nice, the food was very good, and I also had a couple of buddies outside in section 129. The Tickets were worth over $2,000+ so this was clearly a once in a longtime type of thing.

5. Whew ... that Clements hit in the 1st quarter still has me going. Woha was that something. That ranks up there with the hit on Tom Brady.

6. Im really getting sick of hearing people tell other fans to sit down ... stand up for goodness sakes. This is a football game. Not the opera.

7. Our car got stuck in someones lawn and a very helpful Bills fan helped us out ... props to him.

8. WTFFFFFFF was Parrish thinking before halftime. He had about as many yards as he could get (maybe he could have gotten 1-2 more but thats about it). If you fall down we would have time to bring the FG unit on and try a 46-47 yard field goal with the wind at our backs!!!! That would have tied the game. Kaeding hit a 40+ yard field at that end in the 1st quarter.

9. There was a big offensive pass interference on the Chargers that wasnt called ... I believe it was McGee who was tripped/pulled down when Rivers overthrew a receiver downfield and McGee was going for the INT. I cant remember the quarter though.

10. Props to the parachute-landing guys. I thought the first 2 were going to hit the turf pretty hard but they landed great.

I have pics if anyone wants them for a background or anything.

8. WTFFFFFFF was Parrish thinking before halftime. He had about as many yards as he could get (maybe he could have gotten 1-2 more but thats about it). If you fall down we would have time to bring the FG unit on and try a 46-47 yard field goal with the wind at our backs!!!! That would have tied the game. Kaeding hit a 40+ yard field at that end in the 1st quarter.

that would have put the game at 17-3 as we went into the half 17-0.

855983[/snapback]

JP after that play was lookin towards the sideline...with a WTF type look on his face....

I meant the overall game  ... 24-21 ... we lost by three. I thought it was obvious. Sorry.

856022[/snapback]

Just because we get a field goal at that time doesn't mean we end up tying the game at the end. Things that happen or don't happen in the middle of game don't just magically affect the box score at the end of the game. One play changes the entire course of a game. If we make a field goal there maybe the Chargers do something different which leads to some other outcome and so on.

It doesn't make sense to say that.

Just because we get a field goal at that time doesn't mean we end up tying the game at the end.  Things that happen or don't happen in the middle of game don't just magically affect the box score at the end of the game.  One play changes the entire course of a game.  If we make a field goal there maybe the Chargers do something different which leads to some other outcome and so on. 

856044[/snapback]

I agree with you, but at the same time I think the larger point stands. Parrish didn't have his head in the game and left 3 potential points on the field. In a game like this, it's huge.

Just because we get a field goal at that time doesn't mean we end up tying the game at the end.  Things that happen or don't happen in the middle of game don't just magically affect the box score at the end of the game.  One play changes the entire course of a game.  If we make a field goal there maybe the Chargers do something different which leads to some other outcome and so on. 

856044[/snapback]

Of course it doesnt ... and if the refs had given us the Pass Int. calls it doesnt mean we win either. Its just a point ... now lets look at it this way.

That field goal wouldnt have affected anything. It wasnt in the middle of a quarter or anything. It would have been with one play left in the 2nd. The Defense would have came out just as strong in the 3rd and with the 2 TD's we scored it would be tied.

I agree with you, but at the same time I think the larger point stands.  Parrish didn't have his head in the game and left 3 potential points on the field.  In a game like this, it's huge.

856059[/snapback]

Right.

JP after that play was lookin towards the sideline...with a WTF type look on his face....

856032[/snapback]

Or maybe the Defense stops them and we go into halftime down by, say, 13 instead of 17?

For crissakes, Roscoe was trying to make a play as time ran down. Give the guy some credit for trying to make something happen. If he sat down on his ass, you people would be cruicifying him for not trying!

Or maybe the Defense stops them and we go into halftime down by, say, 13 instead of 17?

The defense didnt get an interception, return it for 10 yards, then fumble it away to the Chargers.

For crissakes, Roscoe was trying to make a play as time ran down.  Give the guy some credit for trying to make something happen. If he sat down on his ass, you people would  be cruicifying him for not trying!

856108[/snapback]

I certainly wouldnt. As soon as he caught it and took 2 steps I was screaming "fall down!"

The defense didnt get an interception, return it for 10 yards, then fumble it away to the Chargers.

I certainly wouldnt. As soon as he caught it and took 2 steps I was screaming "fall down!"

856113[/snapback]

I would have to re-watch the game but at the time I thought it would have been about 57yard attempt??

I would have to re-watch the game but at the time I thought it would have been about 57yard attempt??

856126[/snapback]

I couldnt remember from memory either so I had to look it up:

(:06) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass short middle to R.Parrish to SD 33 for 11 yards (S.Merriman). FUMBLES (S.Merriman), RECOVERED by SD-C.Hart at SD 30

The ball would have probably been spotted at the 31 or 32 for Parrish .... thus a 46-48 yarder depending on where they spot it.

The ball would have probably been spotted at the 31 or 32 for Parrish .... thus a 46-48 yarder depending on where they spot it.

856135[/snapback]

with the wind, I like the odds and it sure would have helped, To many mistakes today, against a great looking team with alot of talent.

855983[/snapback]

I was screaming at the TV (the one day all year it is better to be a Bills fan in San Diego than at home in Buffalo) at Roscoe. Very bad play. Similar to staying in bounds when you have a chance to get out of bounds in that situation. Forget the fumble part since time had expired. He should have gone down when first hit and called timeout. Four seconds on the clock when he would have been down by the way. He gambled our three points for a slim chance to take it to the house for 7, and lost. I don't know that that was the difference, because you don't know how the second half unfolds with a different score, but it sure didn't help.

856135[/snapback]

He caught it right about the 40 and ran to the 35 easily. That's where he should have slid down and called an immediate timeout. If so, we may have had 1 second on the clock, although I imagine the refs would have ran the second off before awarding the timeout.

Either way, if he goes down immediately, we could easily get the TO and try about a 56-57 yarder. If he would have gotten down at the 35 and we successfully get the TO, its roughly a 51-52 yarder.

He caught it right about the 40 and ran to the 35 easily.  That's where he should have slid down and called an immediate timeout.  If so, we may have had 1 second on the clock, although I imagine the refs would have ran the second off before awarding the timeout. 

Either way, if he goes down immediately, we could easily get the TO and try about a 56-57 yarder.  If he would have gotten down at the 35 and we successfully get the TO, its roughly a 51-52 yarder.

856220[/snapback]

My memory must be WAYYY off if that is the truth. I remember him catching the ball at the 40 like you, then running it to the 35, then juking and running to the 32 or so. Thats where he seemed like he stood up and didnt do anything. He got hit and fumbled. But when he was fumbling the ball there was still 1 second on the clock. Therefore it leads me to believe there would be atleast 2 seconds on the clock if he had went down at the 34. There we would have had 52 yard field goal with the wind at our backs.

My memory must be WAYYY off if that is the truth. I remember him catching the ball at the 40 like you, then running it to the 35, then juking and running to the 32 or so. Thats where he seemed like he stood up and didnt do anything. He got hit and fumbled. But when he was fumbling the ball there was still 1 second on the clock. Therefore it leads me to believe there would be atleast 2 seconds on the clock if he had went down at the 34. There we would have had 52 yard field goal with the wind at our backs.

856241[/snapback]

No, you're pretty much dead on. He was about at the 35 when he juked and made it to about the 32. But, there was about 3 seconds on the clock when he was at the 35. So, unless he goes down right there, I'd guess we don't get the timeout. By the time he got to the 32 there was like 1 second - no where near enough time to go down and get the refs to stop the clock, imo.

5. Whew ... that Clements hit in the 1st quarter still has me going......

855983[/snapback]

Tissue time? :beer:

I notice you don't espouse NC as much lately, I guess that's because you don't need to.....it must be a nice feeling having him vindicate your faith in him so definitively.

I'm hoping we re-sign him ASAP......each week he is becoming more & more expensive. :D

10. Props to the parachute-landing guys. I thought the first 2 were going to hit the turf pretty hard but they landed great.

855983[/snapback]

Those guys were awesome! I believe that was the Canadian air force...........probably all of it :D

With the wind, I was waiting for one of those guys to land in the crowd, or better yet get hung up on a light standard

Tissue time? :blink:

I notice you don't espouse NC as much lately, I guess that's because you don't need to.....it must be a nice feeling having him vindicate your faith in him so definitively.

I'm hoping we re-sign him ASAP......each week he is becoming more & more expensive. :)

856254[/snapback]

Well I don't want to hear people talking about how I have some sort of man love for Clements just because I was right since the beginning of the season on how valuable he is.

Those guys were awesome!  I believe that was the Canadian air force...........probably all of it    :w00t:

With the wind, I was waiting for one of those guys to land in the crowd, or better yet get hung up on a light standard

856594[/snapback]

The first guy really did seem like he was going to land just right of the scoreboard endzone back pylon. I don't know if you noticed but the last guy to land had prosthetic legs!

I was screaming at the TV (the one day all year it is better to be a Bills fan in San Diego than at home in Buffalo) at Roscoe.  Very bad play.  Similar to staying in bounds when you have a chance to get out of bounds in that situation.  Forget the fumble part since time had expired.  He should have gone down when first hit and called timeout.  Four seconds on the clock when he would have been down by the way.  He gambled our three points for a slim chance to take it to the house for 7, and lost.  I don't know that that was the difference, because you don't know how the second half unfolds with a different score, but it sure didn't help.

856198[/snapback]

Why would it be better to be a Bills fan in San Diego rather than a Bills fan in Buffalo ? Just curious. The weather is that what you mean ?