Is The Seneca Niagara Able Yo Show The Game?

eiregi

Since they are a sovereign nation can they skirt the blackout? Just curious...

854594[/snapback]

For that matter, is there any place in the Buffalo area that you guys know will be able to skirt the blackout? Or does the NFL really clamp down.

And for the record, no, I cannot go to the game. I'm a full-time college student who works part-time at Tops making $7.00 an hour. I also make car payments, pay for my own car insurance, and my tuition.

Tickets just aren't in the cards for me, unless my parents buy them for me (like they did for the Jax game)

For that matter, is there any place in the Buffalo area that you guys know will be able to skirt the blackout? Or does the NFL really clamp down.

And for the record, no, I cannot go to the game. I'm a full-time college student who works part-time at Tops making $7.00 an hour. I also make car payments, pay for my own car insurance, and my tuition.

Tickets just aren't in the cards for me, unless my parents buy them for me (like they did for the Jax game)

854608[/snapback]

Everything in life is about choices. You COULD go to the game if you wanted to, you just choose to spend your money elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with that, but I hate when people say "I cna't afford to go." If you wanted to, you could make sacrifices in other areas to be able to go (or do whatever you want, for the most part; cheaper car, higher deductable, etc).

CW

Everything in life is about choices.  You COULD go to the game if you wanted to, you just choose to spend your money elsewhere.  There's nothing wrong with that, but I hate when people say "I cna't afford to go."  If you wanted to, you could make sacrifices in other areas to be able to go (or do whatever you want, for the most part; cheaper car, higher deductable, etc).

CW

855270[/snapback]

ummm fez, that guy has to choose between eating or going to a bills game, essentially. I think that is the eptiome of not being ableto afford tix

ummm fez, that guy has to choose between eating or going to a bills game, essentially. I think that is the eptiome of not being ableto afford tix

855382[/snapback]

Eating ? School ? Insurance ? Tickets ? C'mon, man up and rob a liquor store.

855382[/snapback]

Did you read the part about a cheaper car (or public transportation) and higher deductables, as examples?

I'm not saying that going to the game is a BETTER decision, but it IS a decision.

I had a similar discussion with someone at work a few weeks ago. He was commenting that he didn't understand how some people in the company could afford really expensive cars. I told him he could afford one if he wanted to, he just chooses to spend his money on other things (bigger house, for example). He didn't seem to get it...

CW

Since they are a sovereign nation can they skirt the blackout? Just curious...

854594[/snapback]

No. The reasoning goes like this. The NFL holds the rights to the games and they can only be shown with their permission. A foreign country who chooses to ignore their wishes is in effect in violation of international copyright law. Allowing a station to broadcast without permission would be no different than if the Seneca allowed their companies to pirate books and movies for resale. If the Seneca are signatories to WTO or some other framework, then they would be in trouble if they completely ignored the NFL's rights.

Did you read the part about a cheaper car (or public transportation) and higher deductables, as examples?

I'm not saying that going to the game is a BETTER decision, but it IS a decision.

I had a similar discussion with someone at work a few weeks ago.  He was commenting that he didn't understand how some people in the company could afford really expensive cars.  I told him he could afford one if he wanted to, he just chooses to spend his money on other things (bigger house, for example).  He didn't seem to get it...

CW

855564[/snapback]

Fez... You disappoint me... You are "towing the line" for "the man."

Get it squared away dude!

:thumbsup::bag::bag:

Maybe Canada might oblige the US's blackout rule... But, the Seneca Nation could be hostile with "the system" and get away with it...

What would happen to them? The US invade? Blockade from the shores of Lake Erie, along Catt Creek?

They stick it to us with the gambling... Why not this?

The Seneca's could just say boo...

:(

No.  The reasoning goes like this. The NFL holds the rights to the games and they can only be shown with their permission.  A foreign country who chooses to ignore their wishes is in effect in violation of international copyright law.  Allowing a station to broadcast without permission would be no different than if the Seneca allowed their companies to pirate books and movies for resale.  If the Seneca are signatories to WTO or some other framework, then they would be in trouble if they completely ignored the NFL's rights.

855634[/snapback]

And what are the consequences?

Invasion?

Fine?... Ya, right... Just don't pay.

Blockade?

Status? Ha!

Recognition? Ha!

:

Maybe Canada might oblige the US's blackout rule... But, the Seneca Nation could be hostile with "the system" and get away with it...

What would happen to them?  The US invade?  Blockade from the shores of Lake Erie, along Catt Creek?

They stick it to us with the gambling... Why not this?

The Seneca's could just say boo...

855640[/snapback]

Exactly what happens to anybody else who rip off your companies. You slap tariffs on them. Last time I checked, the Seneca don't have a lot of trading partners.

854608[/snapback]

You have your priorities in the correct order. Ignore those that question that.

Exactly what happens to anybody else who rip off your companies.  You slap tariffs on them.  Last time I checked, the Seneca don't have a lot of trading partners.

855654[/snapback]

Exactly... Yet, they "exist"

I am just playing :( 's advocate... Yet, how exactly will the Seneca's suffer?...

What are we gonna do... Starve them out? Chase them up a big rock and make them say "uncle."

They can use "our" system for what it is worth and gain from it.

Remember, America is a place where the person who defects economically from the norm gains...

If they hate the US so bad... They can just say boo.

Football isn't a product like gasoline... The outside companies can't degrade a product or the trust of the Seneca's customers in this respect?

I had a similar discussion with someone at work a few weeks ago.  He was commenting that he didn't understand how some people in the company could afford really expensive cars.  I told him he could afford one if he wanted to, he just chooses to spend his money on other things (bigger house, for example).  He didn't seem to get it...

CW

855564[/snapback]

I mugged three old ladies to try to buy a ticket. It only added up to $26.

I'll do better next time.

The Seneca's back in history were tuff and mean (ie: violant) towards the WNY settlers.

What makes them any different if they get tough economically and put the screws to the outside?

We aren't talking about a historically peace-loving nation here...

855695[/snapback]

After George Washington ordered the genocide of the Sullivan-Clinton Campaign,

they weren't a happy bunch.