Official 2007 Orange B'ball Thread

BuffOrange

Diehard Cuse fan - I think there are others scattered around here.

Had a chance to go to the Charlotte game - Paul Harris looks like a baller. Good rebounder for only 6'5".

Big comeback vs. a tough Witchita St. team falls short tonight. Hope they bounce back vs. Ok St. next week.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an alumni (class of '97). I also grew up in Watertown and Syracuse Basketball is the biggest thing up there (along with lacrosse - the powell brothers came from Carthage).

I think they will have a good team this year, but an even better year next year after Harris gets a season under his belt.

I think they will have a good team this year, but an even better year next year after Harris gets a season under his belt.

854607[/snapback]

They're supposed to have a nasty recruiting class next year. Still early but they're ranked #1 or 2 at the moment. If they can get a good big man in there I agree they'll be better next year. I'm not a big Roberts/Watkins fan at all. Watkins shows up for like 2 games per year (usually vs. Uconn in the BE tourney). Roberts is decent but I can't stand him because he's a punk.

Big Cuse fan here, but I don't get to see many games at all being in Middle of Nowhere, PA.

Was kind of hoping G-Mac would have caught on with an NBA team last year, as it would have given me a reason to watch the NBA...oh well, I suppose I will stick with College B-Ball

Ugliest game ever?  I'd rather watch an NBA game than this trash.

858251[/snapback]

Cuse's offense was a mess. Their sets looked so unorganized and out of synch, and the spacing was horrible. I was flipping back and forth between hoops and the Sabres game, but you're right, the parts I saw looked ugly.

Harris' teammate from Niagara Falls HS, Johnny Flynn, is BY FAR the best player in the WNY area and is rated as one of the top prep PG's in the country. He can play ball. He's committed to the Orange for next year.

granted harris is only a frosh, but it seems to me his main concern is making the thunderous plays that will make sportscenter...it appears that roberts and watkins have really matured and are taking the role of leaders seriously...it was nice to see them barking at the players when things broke down..if they can put together a whole game, this team will be fine, they cannot sit back and play the last 3:30 of the game

Cuse's offense was a mess.  Their sets looked so unorganized and out of synch, and the spacing was horrible.  I was flipping back and forth between hoops and the Sabres game, but you're right, the parts I saw looked ugly.

Harris' teammate from Niagara Falls HS, Johnny Flynn, is BY FAR the best player in the WNY area and is rated as one of the top prep PG's in the country.  He can play ball.  He's committed to the Orange for next year.

858357[/snapback]

• 5 weeks later...

Should I bother bumping this? Another game another home loss. WTF? Not surprising since they were underdogs, but still...

The backcourt offense is the only part of the team that looks decent. The perimeter D is horrid. The interior offense only scores off guard penetration and can't create any of their own shots (this part isn't surprsing I guess, as it's been the case for years except for Warrick). They have to work hard for every bucket while the opponent regularly gets double digit "garbage points".

They actually played pretty well in the 1st half of this game, but should've been up more than 1.

Poojer - I disagree alot with your assessment of Harris. His offensive game is clearly not polished to this point, but he's a good worker.

BTW, Aaron Gray is extremely overrated. Nice backcourt for Pitt though, which is unusual for them.

hey common man, they had 7 players available to play(6 for a while)...against #10 in the nation...Pitt made some good shots, we could not stop Gray in the middle...and yet we were still in it with less than 2 minutes to go...this was a tough test for the cuse and they did not fold...sure i'd love to see Devendorf play a full great game...sure I would love to see nichols do the same...Harris could be explosive..but he is a frosh...I am upbeat about thier performance...considering the hurdles they faced...course i was busy eating wings and drinking beer

Should I bother bumping this? Another game another home loss. WTF? Not surprising since they were underdogs, but still...

The backcourt offense is the only part of the team that looks decent. The perimeter D is horrid. The interior offense only scores off guard penetration and can't create any of their own shots (this part isn't surprsing I guess, as it's been the case for years except for Warrick). They have to work hard for every bucket while the opponent regularly gets double digit "garbage points".

They actually played pretty well in the 1st half of this game, but should've been up more than 1.

Poojer - I disagree alot with your assessment of Harris. His offensive game is clearly not polished to this point, but he's a good worker.

Devendork is gone after this year...

I am sort of hoping he is. I don't like his wanksta 'tude, and his extremely poor decision making. Rautins is filling the role of the shooter well. This years team just doesn't have it. D-nic is a good player and possibly NBA talent but the rest of the seniors are garbage. Harris can't shoot, Wright can't pass. Next years team should look good but they are going to rely on a bunch of Freshman. I envision a starting lineup of Flynn, Harris, Rautins, Donte Greene and Onuaku(sp?). With Wright, Rick Jackson and Antonio Jardinecoming off the bench.