what set the bills back was...

damaynman150

coming off of a playoff year, the front office blew this draft. I knew that it was bad but after surfing on billsdaily.com, my eyes were opened to the complete waste that this draft was. the only player that was even serviceable now plays for Miami (Sammy Morris) and to think we wasted a pick on Erik Flowers... Keith Bullock was available, as was Anthony Becht! ha and i recall everyone saying how Corey Moore was going to be the steal of the draft because he was a stud in NCAA... this draft set us back at least a few years...

Recap:

1. Erik Flowers- last i heard he was with the Rams last season, dunno where hes

at now

2. Traveres Tillman- did he even see real playing time? waste of a second rounder

3. Corey Moore- heavily hyped, produced nothing

4. Avion Black- maybe was our returner thru preseason games or something,

expansion draft to HOU, out of NFL

5. Sammy Morris- servicable backup for 4(?) years, now in MIA

6a. Leif Larsen- biggest contribution to football was in my Madden Franchise (made

him a pro bowler in Madden 2002 for N64!)

6b. Drew Haddad- came, left, returned in 2005 preseason and probably should

have made the team but didnt... out of NFL

7. DaShon Polk- yeahhhhh

In retrospect, the rest of the 2000 draft wasnt great either as it gave us household names such as Courtney Brown, Peter Warrick, Ron Dayne, Sly Morris, Stockar McDougall, R. Jay Soward and Trung Candidate - all in the first round.

At least the bills made up for it in 2001...

coming off of a playoff year, the front office blew this draft. I knew that it was bad but after surfing on billsdaily.com, my eyes were opened to the complete waste that this draft was. the only player that was even serviceable now plays for Miami (Sammy Morris) and to think we wasted a pick on Erik Flowers... Keith Bullock was available, as was Anthony Becht! ha and i recall everyone saying how Corey Moore was going to be the steal of the draft because he was a stud in NCAA... this draft set us back at least a few years...

Recap:

1. Erik Flowers- last i heard he was with the Rams last season, dunno where hes 

at now

2. Traveres Tillman- did he even see real playing time? waste of a second rounder

3. Corey Moore- heavily hyped, produced nothing

4. Avion Black- maybe was our returner thru preseason games or something,

expansion draft to HOU, out of NFL

5. Sammy Morris- servicable backup for 4(?) years, now in MIA

6a. Leif Larsen- biggest contribution to football was in my Madden Franchise (made

him a pro bowler in Madden 2002 for N64!)

6b. Drew Haddad- came, left, returned in 2005 preseason and probably should

have made the team but didnt... out of NFL

7. DaShon Polk- yeahhhhh

In retrospect, the rest of the 2000 draft wasnt great either as it gave us household names such as Courtney Brown, Peter Warrick, Ron Dayne, Sly Morris, Stockar McDougall, R. Jay Soward and Trung Candidate - all in the first round.

852904[/snapback]

I think Tillman plays for the Fins too. He was supposed to be our savior at safety.

I was sad when Sammy Morris left--he's a protypical 3rd down back and great special teamer. He had a few good games for us filling in at RB.

But your overall point is right--2000 was a bad draft.

852904[/snapback]

Though it also gave the name Darren Howard, I hate beating a dead horse but had we taken him instead of Erik Flowers I'd imagine things be quite different today.