JP Losman sure looks like another 7

Mikie2times

In Elway's defense, he never really had great "skill position" players around him.  And his defenses were never that great either, until he SB years, despite having guys like Atwater and Simon Fletcher.

851782[/snapback]

Neither does Losman.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since his stats look bad Elway wasn't good enough early on? Is that what you’re trying to get at AD? He led countless comebacks, and made plays. He also made some mistakes. That's what happens when you don't have to read defenses in college. These athletic QB's spend half the time outside the pocket in college, and it takes them longer to develop in the pros. Nobody’s saying he will become Elway. But to deny the recent progression, and historical proof that he's can still be a franchise QB, well it's just inaccurate.

Another set of stats for you all:

Games: 27

Attempts: 570

Completions: 304

Percentage: 53.3

TDs: 21

Ints: 21

Guess who?

851786[/snapback]

Yes. This is the guy I thought JP could become. Crazy how he started off with that accuracy and went on to be maybe the most accurate QB of all-time.

In Elway's defense, he never really had great "skill position" players around him.  And his defenses were never that great either, until he SB years, despite having guys like Atwater and Simon Fletcher.

851782[/snapback]

You mean like Losman has around him?

No offense, but Denver had a hell of alot more talent (Dennis Smith, Rulon Jones, Mecklenburg, Louis Wright, Keith Bishop, Mark Haynes, Greg Kragen, Bobby Humphrey, Michael Brooks, Shannon Sharp, Gary Zimmerman (one of the best Olineman I've ever seen), Tom Nalen, Ted Washington, Mark Schlereth, Michael Dean Perry, Romo, Tyrone Braxton, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson, Ricky Nattiel) than you're giving them credit for. Did Elway elevate the team? Absolutely. But they were a very talented football team.

Quinn is overrated.

851790[/snapback]

JP was very much overated to be selected in this first round. He is not first round material. Yes he is mobile and has a good arm but he lacks in Football intelligence. Read the scouting reports about him and you will see that were concerns about his Football intelligence i.e. processing info., looking off defenders, relying on his quickness and arm strength.

JP was very much overated to be selected in this first round.  He is not first round material.  Yes he is mobile and has a good arm but he lacks in Football intelligence.  Read the scouting reports about him and you will see that were concerns about his Football intelligence i.e. processing info., looking off defenders, relying on his quickness and arm strength.

851805[/snapback]

What does that have to do with the present?

You don't have to look hard to see that he is mentally capable of succeeding as an NFL QB. The only question that remains is if he can CONSISTENTLY apply those mental abilities. That is an important if. He's got all the tools, mentally and physically.

Another set of stats for you all:

Games: 27

Attempts: 570

Completions: 304

Percentage: 53.3

TDs: 21

Ints: 21

Guess who?

851786[/snapback]

I always enjoy when somebody tries to disprove your entire point by criticizing one part of your argument. Even better is when they do it with providing nothing to the discussion. You can spit out statistics all day, it doesn't make my points any less valid because they're not based completely on statistics.

Since his stats look bad Elway wasn't good enough early on? Is that what you’re trying to get at AD? He led countless comebacks, and made plays. He also made some mistakes. That's what happens when you don't have to read defenses in college.  These athletic QB's spend half the time outside the pocket in college, and it takes them longer to develop in the pros. Nobody’s saying he will become Elway. But to deny the recent progression, and historical proof that he's can still be a franchise QB, well it's just inaccurate.

851796[/snapback]

Dude, I'm agreeing with you. At the beginning of the year I posted that I expected the BILLS to struggle the first half of the season and hoped we'd see progress the second half (which is exactly how it's gone to this point).

There are alot of stupid people out there who simply don't understand what a difficult transition it is for quarterbacks at the NFL level and attempt to use exceptions to the rule to prove their retardia.

When guys like Steve Young and John Elway have such difficult adjustment periods, there's no way a guy like Losman (whose skill set lies within those two great players) doesn't deserve to grow along with the continued building of a talented team around him.

I always enjoy when somebody tries to disprove your entire point by criticizing one part of your argument. Even better is when they do it with providing nothing to the discussion. You can spit out statistics all day, it doesn't make my points any less valid because they're not based completely on statistics.

851813[/snapback]

Honestly, could you stop being fuggin' defensive?

What does that have to do with the present?

You don't have to look hard to see that he is mentally capable of succeeding as an NFL QB. The only question that remains is if he can CONSISTENTLY apply those mental abilities. That is an important if. He's got all the tools, mentally and physically.

851811[/snapback]

All it is, is exactly what everyone already knew... he needs the playing time. He got hurt his first year, was messed around with last year and NOW, we have coaches that realize he needs the snaps to get better. The more you see and do something the better you get.

JP was very much overated to be selected in this first round.  He is not first round material.  Yes he is mobile and has a good arm but he lacks in Football intelligence.  Read the scouting reports about him and you will see that were concerns about his Football intelligence i.e. processing info., looking off defenders, relying on his quickness and arm strength.

851805[/snapback]

Yeah, that's why if we hadn't picked him Green Bay would have. Because he wasn't worth the first rounder. I'm absolutely shocked that a guy that played his college football at Tulane would struggle with the nuances of the NFL, you know, with that schools track record of developing professional football players. :blink:

How's the most ready, football intelligent QB in the last 10 years, Matt Leinhart looking?

Yeah, that's why if we hadn't picked him Green Bay would have.  Because he wasn't worth the first rounder.  I'm absolutely shocked that a guy that played his college football at Tulane would struggle with the nuances of the NFL, you know, with that schools track record of developing professional football players.  :blink:

How's the most ready, football intelligent QB in the last 10 years, Matt Leinhart looking?

851825[/snapback]

Enough with the bashing of JP. He's has made strides even though he has to deal with crap before this year. He's playing well. JP should have gone through his growing pains last year, yet MM had no patience and little coaching ability. :worthy: