Just noticed... Highlights on Demand

Dan

Pray tell, what is "My Vod"

850811[/snapback]

I do believe it's short for "My Video on Demand". I'm fairly new to it, just getting a DirecTV DVR this fall. It appears to be where all the shows that I record reside.

Pray tell, what is "My Vod"

850811[/snapback]

Yes, i have noticed this starting this season.

My VOD is "My Video on Demand" for DirecTV subscribers. Its where you access the menu of all your recorded shows. But this year, DirecTV automatically sticks in highlight packages for all of the previous week's NFL games. They are then automatically deleted at the start fo the next week's games.

The packages themselves are quite nice. They run about 4-5 mins long per game, show major plays on each drive, show the scores, and they have home play-by-play announcer for each team call the highlites. (that sounds a bit confusing, so to simplify, they have the calls from john murphy for the bills highlites, and the jags announcers for theirs)

I do believe it's short for "My Video on Demand".    I'm fairly new to it, just getting a DirecTV DVR this fall.  It appears to be where all the shows that I record reside.

850825[/snapback]

I have a problem with inanimate objects residing anywhere. Take your vod for instance. Don't you have to be someone before you can reside somewhere?

I have a problem with inanimate objects residing anywhere.  Take your vod for instance.  Don't you have to be someone before you can reside somewhere?

850833[/snapback]

Given that these highlights show up and leave without my interaction and that the box records shows without me turning it on; I'd say it' might be smarter than me or at least working independent of my actions. Hence, I figure I better give it some respect before it takes over my house and tells the refrigerator to kick out my beer.

Given that these highlights show up and leave without my interaction and that the box records shows without me turning it on; I'd say it' might be smarter than me or at least working independent of my actions.  Hence, I figure I better give it some respect before it takes over my house and tells the refrigerator to kick out my beer.

850839[/snapback]

Good call, can never be too careful.